Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Will England Actually Win? What Do You Think
Jimmyjack (Schalke 04) 3 years ago
Maybe depends on whos in the squad
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
The question you need to ask is "Are the England squad capable of being better players and a better team then all their competitors". My honest answer is no. The England squad always completely self destruct, their media destroys them, their 'stars' never turn up on big occasions (Rooney?) and so on, and so forth.

Right now, I think there are possibly four or five better teams than them entering the same competition
Yeah I would say holland or germany tehy have got strong very attacking line ups
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Or Spain, maybe Portugal or even France if they could just find the right formula, they have the players and talent at their disposal just isn't clicking for them at the moment!

England are long shots at the moment, they need the burden of expectation to be lifted before they will have a shot, too much is expected of them and they never produce on the big stage!

Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
England have no chance, of course the media will build them up come the finals, then cut them to ribbons after the first bad result.
England are not good enough, simple as.
I think they need a new manager, and get rid of the old guard and start afresh with a lot of new talent brought in.
The problems start with the fa to be honest, the fa need forward thinking football people in charge, not business men, its an international team, not a club side
I think that fabio capello is not cut out to be the england manager you need a fellow english men to understand the way that england play and that may lead us too some good runs in the future
He never was, neill warnock would have been a better choice, at least he knows the culture etc:, I'm not a believer in foreign managers at national teams
I know a good englishmen who understands the way england play and who knows what are strenghts are  Although we did pretty well with sven
Glen hoddle was probably the best in a long time, but they reckoned he was nuts.... Lol, a good manager, and I would have glen back
Ohh definitetly I would love to have hoddle back he is only 53 he may manage england
Same age as myself
Maybe you could manage england you might win us something I'm sure you'll be better than that waste of space capello
I'm afraid not, its northern ireland for me.... Lol
Oh right that'll be what all the george best pictures is about ohh he was a tragic loss best footballer in his day but anyway who was northern irelands manager
Nigel worthington is the current manager
Ohhh he is a pretty decent manager
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Steve Bruce or somebody of that age group who's emerging as a manager and is english, if it pans out you can then try and build over a longer time span.
I reckon Brucie would give it a good go ! Up till now he''s done pretty good in management and add a few of Peteko's idea's as well
We should win something soon though it really is starting to get ridiculous uruguay have won more trophies than us
Peteko 3 years ago
Someone at FA needs to start a revolution.

England has the rare luck of having all the players of its national team play in England. FA should man up and devise some new rules that will help England get up there to the top.

1. One week every month, the national team should train together, whether there are matches in the calendar or not. They should work to win cohesion, harmony and team spirit.
2. Clubs will have no say on this and FA should make sure that no international will face difficulties by the clubs.
3. Players of national team will be forbidden to play more than 36 games in a season. Clubs will have the right to pick which ones.
4. FA should pay the salaries for that week off.
5. Long term manager for the national team. I don't care if he is foreign, but he should be given time to build a team. Of course precedence to an Englishman, unless there's a Scot in the race. Lol.

Feel free to add suggestions. It may seem crazy, but it is not.common guys, England can do better if they try. Can FA wrestle the clubs into making this happen?
That is actually a pretty good idea
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well I do not think they can win. They need to change their style of Football. They have no creativity what so ever. Their not even effective. They need to change their approach. Because it is not getting them anywhere. Playing long balls does not get them anywhere. Look at the top three teams in the world. They play through the midfield with short ground passes. Something England should take into consideration. They need to play a differant formation. They should ditch 4-3-3 and go to 4-2-3-1. With Rooney playing in behind Bent. And Young and Downing as the wingers. And Wilshere and Gerrard as the two midfielders. And the back four picks its self. And change their approach
Yeah I don't really think they have the right attitude just yet we give the ball away fairly easily in the midfeild positions
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
@Borg you have a very good point. Not giving the players a break during the winter has a great affect. They are being over worked. They need rest. As you can see the top national sides in their local leagues they have winter breaks. So this way they are not drained out. But with England they are. And England need more technical gifted midfield players. Wilshere should be the heart beat of the team. And I would consider trying to call up Mikel Arteta. Because there isn't any other english player who is technically gifted as Wilshere
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It's been a sad spectacle for all the England fan's the last WC's and not to mention the EURO 08 disaster. Obviously the media strangles them and every pundit and has-been is a critic to every decision and tactic. The team just seems so wound up tight when they need to relax and play their game instead of aiming for 1-0 and sitting back the rest of the game. Also, a lot of it is the strenuous EPL schedule
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
I really wonder why england is not performing well with having players such as lampard, gerrard, rooney, lenon, terry etc etc.... I hope they atleast reach the semis of euro 2012. It would be worst if they are not going to perform well in euro 2012 which I think will be the last big tournament for some of its good players
Lawrence83 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Well, they already choke away their euro you 21 group stages, then tie with Canada U17 team. Until England find true deep lying playmaking No. 10, they chances are as good as Sweden
Alanbroo (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Yea but they should kick out lampard from the squad first
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
And who's to replace his slot?
Alanbroo (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Rodwell ha ha...
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
There is every chance....

Kick4Life - changing lives through football