Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who's Your Dark Horse?
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Anyone have dark horses they think stand a chance? Personally Montenegro and Greece look promising, but rather doubtful they'll make it to the finals
Darkinja (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Montenegro do have a great chance, Cico Kranjčar has the team playing and defending great. And Mirko Vučinić is actually getting decent service for a change. Don't write them off yet
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Montenegro probably. About Greece, not sure whether they should be considered a dark horse. They were Euro champions in 2004. I'd rather say Georgia.

Northern Ireland, probably, but with Slovenia and surprising Estonia, a bit too many dark horses in one group. It defies the definition.

With France starting slow, I was hoping for Bosnia and Albania to do something crazy, but I think that ship has sailed now
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I would love to say northern ireland, but we are realistic fans here, and know our limits, no doubt we will always shock the big boys in europe, and have done for years, but a sustained tournanment like the euro finals should we make it, would be just too much for our boys playing x amount of games over a period of weeks.
Theres a few teams out there who could cause a shock, but to go the whole way would be something, like denmark and greece in years gone by
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Serbia!
Serbia will be lucky if they are still in the competition sergio after all that trouble in italy, and god knows what else could happen between now and then, but I would rule serbia out this time around
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Wishful thinking Sergio. Serbia have no chance in Euro 2012. However, they can create a lot of headache to others though. I am sure that Serbia will take others down with them.
I am sure Italy will try to get enough points before they make their trip to Belgrade, because they know what expects them there. And the ban on fans would be finished by then.
You guys do know, I just thought of the most random team, and posted it
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Nice excise you got there sergio, nice.
Lifeguard 3 years ago
Hungary also looks promising, not doing too badly in their group
Radion (FC Dynamo Kyiv) 3 years ago
Ukraine if new generation will be ready we can cause problems
Not with Voronin and Shevy in strike lol
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Milevski is a promising player. Currently playing for Kiev, this tall stiker 'got skills, is intelligent and works hard on the pitch. A very interesting player to watch
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
Oi! What about the hosts people? Don't you dare to forget about Poland and Ukraine!
Darkinja (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
You actually HAVE to take Poland as a dark horse, cos' they're actually in the tournament already! Lol and theyve got the partizan fans (nej beograd). Haha, as do the Ukranians. I think Croatia is always the ultimate dark horse, cos' we're always the highest ranked team to either not make a tournament or get eliminated when we deserved to win (except the transitional periods from (2002 - 2006) ugghhh
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
It's not really specified what did he mean by 'dark horse', as in dark horse of the final tournament or just the qualifications? I don't really care about qualifications but hey, I am damn sure that Hrvatska will make it but what about the partizan fans? Cause I'm not quite sure I'm following
AdnanMessi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Bosnia!  If we don't qualify, I'll be extremely disappointed.  We have a giant chance to qualify this time round.
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Dzeko Dzeko Dzeko!
Georgio (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Armenia! Lmao ok I kid but I'm extremely suprised with their form in the euro qualifications so far.... 2nd place 1 point behind leaders Russia? But the biggest task is yet to come a home and away game against Russia
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Got to go with either Hungary or the Republic of Ireland. Hungary has a very good goal difference and I think they can cause a lot of trouble for big teams. I just love Ireland and hope they do well in the tournament. I think they can probably go pretty far in the tournament if they qualify which it looks like they will. They had a strong showing in their last friendly and they are fairly solid at the back, and have a great goalkeeper(though he may be lacking match fitness). They have a new younger bunch of forwards, who I don't know much about besides Kevin Doyle, but he is a great player and Gibson and Duff are good going forward so I like their chances
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Montenegro!
Without a doubt "black beauty".... Mr ed the talking horse wasnt bad either.... Lol
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Lmao
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Montenegro, Republic of Ireland and of course the hosts Poland and Ukraine as some of the teams I would consider dark horses for the tournament
[account-removed] 3 years ago
If I was to pick a team to be shock tournament winners i'd go for Wales
Lievregris (RSC Anderlecht) 3 years ago
One dark horse that has not been mentioned is Belgium. They clearly have loads of potential and are actually the youngest team of Europe if you look at the average age of the team. People like Vermaelen, Kompany, Hazard, Vertonghen, Mignolet, Dembele, Defour, Witsel, Lukaku or even Mirallas or not finished to impress on the Big Stage. It's just a matter of time that all this highly rated youngsters emerge as a great Team

Kick4Life - changing lives through football