Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Who Is Going To Win The Golden Boot
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'm going for Cesc Fabregas, as I expect him to be Spain's leading man in two years time and I can still see him progressing even further. But I'm hoping it'll be none other than my man Lukaku
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I do like Fabregas, but I don't see him scoring as much as the likes of David Villa or Fernando Torres up front
Neither do I, but I kinda hope he does. After all, Sneijder scored 5 as a central midfielder in the WC too, and Cesc is even better IMHO
Desvil (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and david villa?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Huntellah is mid age, and in a year or two later he will be behind alot of dutch starlets in my view
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
For some reason he's scored like 20 goals for netherlands (I mean all of them for Holland) during this qualifying. I've never rated him as a world class talent though
He was decent at his time at Ajax wasent he
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I thought he's good enough to make it at the top level, but he hasn't stood out among others to me
Handsofstone (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Mario gomez or theo walcott are dark horses
I don't know, in a year or two, he may not be at top form and be on the bench. All the younger players that are up and coming will replace him
Well for me in 18 months time its gonna' be Gomez < Podolski < Toni Kroos
Dantheman244 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
David Villa will win the golden boot he is the best!
Borg (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I could see klose or schweinsteiger winning it. Also Villa is always in the running, maybe even sneijder or ronaldo
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I think Messi should win because of his performance with barcelona, in saying that, sneijder deffinately deserves it as he played a vital role performing with inter to win the champions league and to get to the wc finals
This is about the golden boot in Euro 2012 mate, the award for top scorer in a European Championship, so Messi can't even compete there, unfortunately
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
I'm gonna' go for David Villa or Cristiano Ronaldo
CFRealMadrid (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I believe Messi is going to get it. Heis a great player, with speed, dribble, shot, style and more. He isn't the player I want to win the golden boot, but he is the number 1 contender in my opinion. Also maybe Diego Forlan, he actually did something in the world cup, best player one of the top scoreres, he carried Urugay in his shoulders. Also he carried atletico, that's why they won the uefa cup and the european cup, I'm not exactly sure if that's the name, I want ronaldo to win, but it seems hard. I also think sneijder is a top contender, for what he did in the world cup, last season with inter, and he is one of th players that is still playing well in inter. May the best player win
Both are great players, and both would stand the chance if they were playing, but they are not. Both Messi and Forlan are from South American countries. This golden boot prediction is for the Euro Cup in 2012, where only European countries will be playing. [C.] Ronaldo however, will be playing, as he is the captain for Portugal, should they qualify for the tournament. Schniejder is also a European player, he plays for the Netherlands/Holland
Cr74ever (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Torres or [C.] Ronaldo, if they are in form. Imean they didn't do much in the world cup, but then there was more competition. With no Messi, it is an easy road for most of the top players, right?
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Well I my outside for the GB would be Fernando Llorente, he's getting games for Spain and will be the perfect partner for David Villa, Torres will no doubt be injured! Other than that it would be the usual Villa, Ronaldo (although I think he's a long shot too he doesn't score many for his country), Hunterlaar maybe Podlski he seems to play well on the big occasions!
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
My vote will go for Pedro!
He has really picked up his goal scoring pace with Barcelona and has started to shine more and more. There is no reason why he wouldn't be one of the leading goal scorers for Spain
Elana 3 years ago
I think Huntelaar or Robin van Persie can take it but they will have tough competition from Villa and Klose
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I think Klose is a little too old to make the German team especially with all of the talent that they have
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I wouldn't rule out Benzema, he'll be at his top game again for sure when Euro 2012 comes along and France have quite a good team actually by then :

Gourcuff, Ribery, Benzema, Evra, Lloris, Lass (Diarra), Abidal, Nasri, Sagna...
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
DV.... I bet you know what it stands for!?
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
David Villa.... I suppose
Lolcat (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Ronaldo will get golden boot
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
The 5 players that I thimk might take golden boot are:

1. Ronaldo
2. Sneijder
3. Mario Gomez
4. Benzema
5. Villa

I left out players like Rooney, Ibrahimovic, Torres & Klose because they have been so inconsitent this season. Villa barely made my top 5
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Villa started the season well with barca, but his goal ratio slightly decreased recently. Ronaldo is gonna' win it handsdown

Kick4Life - changing lives through football