Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Play-offs
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Turkey - Croatia
Estonia - Ireland
Czech Rep - Montenegro
Bosnia & Herzegovina - Portugal

Interesting draw, Turkey - Croatia will be tense as hell since there is some unsettled business (Euro 2008), really tough draw for Croatia, but also a chance to get back at Turkey.

Ireland are surely favourites against Estonia, although they will have to proceed with caution.

Czech - Montegro is 50/50 in my opinion, with Czech being the more experience side, but Montenegro has some exceptional players and their home base in Podgorica seems like an unconquerable fort.

The last pair is a replay of 2010 WC playoffs, but this time the Bosnians are more mature and confident, while Portugal has not been that convincing lately. I think Bosnia can finally do it!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
No disrespect to estonia, but I reckon the rep of ireland got the draw they wanted.
Of course that doesent gaurantee them victory, as estonia beat my own team northern ireland with a real dodgy goal, in saying that estonia were the better team, but I reckon the rep might just have enough to beat them, especially as the second leg is in the aviva stadium dublin.
The other games are just as interesting, turkey v croatia could go either way, two good sides, I fancy montenegro to beat the cech rep, and bosnia v portugal looks a tremendous game
Peteko 3 years ago
Honestly I would be too afraid to bet on any of the 8 teams. Yes, Ireland seem to have it the easiest, but so did Serbia and NI and they missed out
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I'm not saying the rep of ireland will beat estonia, but it IS the draw they would have wanted.
Estonia can surprise anyone on their night, but I reckon the rep of ireland are a better team than my own northern ireland and serbia, so they have a good chance against the estonians
Bluezombi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Croatia has it tough, Turkey is a very strong side and Croatia hasn't been that convincing lately. Ireland got the easy draw so they are almost automatically through, surprises are possible but in this situation I don't think we will see it. Montenegro and Czechs I'm thinking that Montenegro has got this down and they have a big chance to qualify. Now the most important for me is the last pair Bosnia and Portugal, this is going to be a very tough game but if Portugal plays like they did against Denmark, and Bosnia plays like they did against France I'm almost certain that Bosnia is going to the Euro 2012

Kick4Life - changing lives through football