Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Northern Ireland V Italy Game In Jeopardy
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Friday nights euro qualifier between northern ireland and italy could be in jeopardy due to an explosion in londonderry on tuesday morning, more in the link below.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9063243.stm...
4 years ago
How very sad, lets hope its not a return to the dark days
I can't see the problem, it happened 70 miles from belfast where the match is being held, and teams came here and played when there WAS real bad trouble in the 70's and 80's, its peaceful here now, its just a few idiots who want to line their pockets in the name of republicanism, they have no support even among their own community, no one wants the s**t anymore, we are getting used to living in peace here and don't want to return to what we had before.
Italy will be fine, they have more to worry about our team stuffing them.... Lol, than any bombs.

Green'n'white ARMY
4 years ago
They just looking for any excuse to call it off Tony? Running scared of the Green and White Army?!
I can gaurantee they are not looking forward to it, that's for sure, when the windsor roar goes up, we have every chance
4 years ago
Has the game sold out? If baby has arrived by then, I may well head up for it
Tickets are going for £300-£400 liam....Lol
The italians can looking forward to some of this from the best fans in the world, we may not be big in numbers, but quality counts.

4 years ago
A pizza and a crate of guinness it is then. Mind you.... Thatll set me back 3-400 quid too!
Yeah, with the prices where you live
For any of you that don't know a lot about northern irish football, heres a video with some of our good times....Italy beware, you'll enjoy the music.

4 years ago
I love Northern Irish football. Especially when the likes of Glenavon throw their games for the price of a few pints
There won't be any games thrown on friday night mate.... Lol, do you think I'm doing enough here to scare the italian fans liam? , I bet their crapping themselves.... Lol
4 years ago
The italian fans will be too busy sipping their cafe lattes and polishing their suits to be on here
4 years ago
Well your enthusiasm has me convinced. I'll throw a few beer tokens on Kyle Lafferty to get the 1st goal, he's bang on form
He'll be a big surprise for italy, they won't know whats hit them, he never stops hunting the ball down
4 years ago
A shame that paddy mccourts out of the game, he's a great little player
Great feet, really tricky, he's a shoulder injury
Healey always scores against the big guns, one aganst england in a 1-0 win, and a hat trick v spain in a 3-2 win, and he's due a goal
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Ah.... Lucky Northern Ireland.... The Azzurri would have caused more havoc than the explosion. Forza Azzurri!

(I could see Tony loading his shot gun *runs away*)
That's the thing about this game prag, if italy win, no one will bat an eye lid, but if we win?
Its open season.... Lol, the italians will have to stay here, they won't be able to return home in disgrace like the wc.... Lmao
You think my comment count is high? , wait till we beat italy, it'll be through the roof.... Hehehe
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I fear the day when your comments upthrust through the roof Tony!  Ah, never mind, the things I fear never happen    
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
I didn't touch this one in my predictions for Netnerd's League. It is a hot potato. Any outcome is possible. Never dismiss the Italians as they are the masters of upset. When everyone thinks they're weak, it is precisely the time when they get up.

I'd say watch out. They are not in their best form, but that's exactly my point
Juveseria (Juventus) 4 years ago
Featured in my predictions hope it goes ahead please don't let conflict affect football let alone any other sport
I think the game going ahead will be safe enough, the italians are not getting off that lightly.... Lol
Sophiehart (Linfield) 4 years ago
Well it was not on my expectations as I waited long for this tough competition

Kick4Life - changing lives through football