Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Match Day One - Euro 2012
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Give me your predictions for the first game day. Here is my pick of the matches:

Israel 3-0 Malta
Armenia 0-1 Rep of Ireland
Sweden 0-0 Hungary
Belgium 0-2 Germany
Liechtenstein 0-3 Spain
San Marino 0-4 Netherlands
Slovenia 1-0 Northern Ireland
England 2-1 Bulgaria
France 1-0 Belarus
Portugal 2-0 Cyprus

Obviously I will edit this post after the matches to make myself look awesome
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
You got a few right. Go oranje!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Ha. You certainly are better than BBC's Lawro.

The last two, were too hard to guess, but some guys from Northern Ireland would like to have a word with you. (Not really that result was quite a surprise too. What a great start for Euro 2012)
Fabregasrules (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Portugal were a lot more rubbish than I thought how can you draw 4-4 with cyprus (of coure portual would find that easy) and france are finding it difficult to beat teams like belarus
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Shame on your northern ireland prediction matt.... Lmao, bring on the italians next month
What I said. Hahahaha
MikeBoy (West Bromwich Albion) 3 years ago
It was very pleasing to see Belarus beat France. Ireland would have been a much better contestant in the World Cup finals if they hadn't been prevented by Henry's unfortunate episode
Fabregasrules (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Now france are really rubbish I don't know what's happening to italy though spain and holland are on fire and germany are about on the same level as england
Ashkul88 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I really don't think Germany and England can be classified as "on the same level". The Germans play a fast, agile brand of football that is far more attractive than their teams of the past and England play a more mechanical 4-4-1-1. At least Capello seems to have found a way to make the Rooney-Defoe combination work. As for France, I pity Laurent Blanc for stepping in at the time he did.... He really didn't have much choice to pick from. He's stuck with a bunch of second-rate talent that wouldn't even pass screening at Liverpool.... The club that signed Voronin! Anyway, thought I'd share this:

Link: www.soccerforgirlfriends.com/index.php?option=com_...
Some funny stuff there. Thanks
Sophiehart (Linfield) 3 years ago
@MikeBoy: although France tried hard to beat Belarus but failed to do so. Anyhow, two thumbs up for Belarus

Kick4Life - changing lives through football