Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Group G: England, Bulgaria... Montenegrooooo
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
This group is one of the toughest! The next 2 fixtures will decide which one of Montenegro or England are gonna' be top of the group before playing against each other in November:

June 4th 2011
Montenegro v Bulgaria
England v Switzerland

Sept 2nd 2011
Bulgaria v England
Wales v Montenegro

Sept 6th 2011
England v Wales
Switzerland v Bulgaria

In my opinion The top 2 teams will either be England, Montenegro or Switzerland.
Switzerland ain't out yet and they're a difficult team to play against
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Some fresh news: FREI and. Streller decided to retire following criticisms about the game in Bulgaria.
Frei and Streller were heavily criticised after their most recent outings for the national side and the duo have now had enough.

"Alex Frei, aged 32, and Marco Streller, aged 30, both players from Basel, have announced their immediate resignation from the national team to coach Ottmar Hitzfeld, " an official statement from the SFV reads.

"The criticism has taken an amplitude above what is acceptable, and has sometimes infringed on the private sphere of the two players.
"They realised that in such an atmosphere, it would not be possible to reach the optimal performance level during matches with the national team. This realisation finally pushed them to resign from the national team, before the EURO qualifying match on 4 June 2011 in England. "

Frei is Switzerland's all-time top scorer with 42 goals in 84 appearances, while Streller has represented the Schweizer Nati on 37 occasions, finding the net 12 times.

So far Ottmar Hitzfeld has been using the duo during the previous games, alongside young Derdiyok, I guess Hakan yakin will be the 1st choice striker to lead the Attack.

Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
It's great to see the Black Mountain in front of the Swiss and Bulgarians by 6 points. It looks like they will be securing that 2nd spot, unless they do something very stupid. They should on beating everyone (except England, where they should go for a draw like in London) and try to get an automatic 2nd place qualification
Prejsu (KKS Lech Poznan) 3 years ago
I would so love it if they took the first spot, and as I see it they can certainly pull it off. I mean, England's not sensational and we all know it so why not take your chance and make the most of it. It's an interesting team that Montenegro, they've just established their own FA and are already doing so good. It would be nice to see them in Poland or Ukraine in 2012
Sophiehart (Linfield) 4 years ago
It looks interestingly to be a tough competition horse race between England and Montenegro, with Bulgaria and Switzerland both stuck amazingly on three points from three games
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Montenegro are atop the group lol. England need to wake up again, come on be consistent!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I think England woke up. Now, let's see for that consistency
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
OK, I was expecting the Swiss to do something interesting in this group after their interesting display in the World Cup, but the surprise of the group until now have been Montenegro.

Now, even in paper, match on Tuesday does not look so easy anymore. Nevertheless, I think England at home are too much for Montenegro, despite the great form of Vucinic.

By winning away against Wales today, Bulgaria finally woke up. I was expecting much more from Wales and Switzerland today.

Will Montenegro manage to qualify? Will Bulgaria catch up with them eventually? I think all in all England have a relatively easier group and should try to secure the qualification early. A first step in the right direction would be winning confidently on Tuesday against Montenegro, the leader of the group

Kick4Life - changing lives through football