Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Group D: Albania... OK France, Belarus, Romania, Bosnia
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
You know something is wrong in a group when Albania are leading it. (Not that I mind seeing Albania qualify for the Euro 2012. It would be a blast for the historic underdogs of the Balkans.)

France won in Bosnia and are hoping for a return to form. It was a reality check for the Bosnians after their great start.

Romania are still sleeping with two draws and Belarus, could not beat them in Minsk, thus wasting a good opportunity to emerge as the leader of the group, having shamed France with a 0-1 defeat at home.

Are we in for some crazy miracle here (Albania), for some surprise, although not as much (Bosnia of Dzeko and Misimovic) or will it be run-of-the-mill (France) situation with the teams going somewhat close to the existing rankings of UEFA?

France is of course under close scrutiny here. After the World Cup implosion, would they be able to rise up again
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
A few years ago France would win this group with a 100% record. Now however this is the group of death!
Bluezombi (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I don't think that's the case anymore Ant. France that played the World Cup would lose this group easily and they would be beaten pretty bad. This new france seems to be heading in the right direction and all the players are very, very young. I wish that wasn't the case since I obviously would like to see Bosnia win this group, but right now chances are very slim and I just hope things start going in the right direction for us Bosnians
It is indeed a strange situation. Romania has a bigger name than the rest if you count France out, but they have started bad too. They could not beat Albania at home.

I would not count France out yet though. They may be bad, but still good enough to survive this group
Oh no, I am not counting France out I think they are the favorites and that first game was just a bad start of theirs. They just need to click a little more and they are going to be kind of kicking ass I think, which of course is bad for my country (Bosnia). With everything else going on in this group Bosnia is also facing potential ban from FIFA AND UEFA so even if we were to qualify there is that part that can take out all the league teams out of UEFA and FIFA competitions and the national team too so I guess time will show what will happen
Why is the ban for?
Its a very complicated thing, but not really. You see every country that is in FIFA, UEFA has a football association president and two vice presidents, we on the other hand have three presidents. The reason for that is political. Of course each one represents a group of people (Serbian, Croat, Bosniak(muslim)) and they take terms in presiding over the Federation for I don't know how long. That is by fifa/uefa standards unacceptable and they have nicely asked them to change it and they did not do so because you know they think they are not like the rest of the world. So that's that in the nutshell. Oh and fifa/uefa came up with the solution and told them you either take this or you are going to get your ass kicked out of the fifa/uefa. They decided they will rather get banned than give up their respective bankrupt positions. Now the heads of fifa/uefa will meet and decide on the consequences. So that's about it for what is going on there. By the way the whole footballing body in the country is so corrupt and incapable of doing anything that they have been asked to step down by everyone even the players who play for the national team
The circus of this group continues. Belarus beat France away but they can't beat European minions, Luxembourg. And if France will not win against Romania at home, Albania will continue to lead the group. Fantastic
Bosnia no more.

Bosnia and Herzegovina hit with international ban

Link: edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/football/04/01/football...
Now with Bosnia out and Romania down, I'd rather see Albania than Belarus in Euro 2012. Give the small countries a chance
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Lol this group is rediculous
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
When looking at the group standings and the up-coming matches. (2 away games in Albania and Romania)....
Things aren`t looking that good after the draw against Belarus, because even if both nations have the same points at the end of the qualifying campaign. Belarus will go through as they beat us in Paris.

1 France ----- 13 pts
2 Belarus----- 12 pts
3 Bosnia ----- 10 pts
4 Romania---- 8 pts
5 Albania------- 8 pts
6 Luxembourg 0 pts

With such a bad result against Belarus, we just put ourselves in an uncomfortable position, due to a certain lack of leadership and ability to play as a team and impose our football. The quality is there surely, but the automatisms aren`t still quite there.
This is going be tight, but if France keeps the momentum from the last 2 games in Ukraine and Poland and win the remaining games, we`ll secure our 1st place.

Peteko 3 years ago
I wouldn't worry. France have one game in hand. They have two more games in Paris while Belarus have only one left at home. This will make the difference IMO.

Also, both Romania and Albania are out of the race now. Albania are psychologically down, with internal conflicts with the manager and some of the players.
This differs from the case of Belarus that have to face Bosnia (still a contender for qualification and guaranteed to play for every point, especially in Sarajevo).

All in all, I think it is better to be a bit afraid and keep the players determined than imagine that it is all over and fall for complacency. But I truly believe that France have it in their hands now and the battle it is between the two B-s of the group

Kick4Life - changing lives through football