France (4-3-2-1)
-------------------Lloris----------------------
---Debuchy, Mexes, Rami, Evra----
------Cabaye, Diarra, Malouda-------
------------Nasri ---Ribery--------------
---------------Benzema-------------------

Odds:
France 2. 5 Draw 2. 9 England 3. 5

This opening game to group D throws the two favourites for qualification together.

The French go into this game as clear favourites on the back of 21 straight victories whilst after a troubled build up to the Euros no one is sure what to expect of England (general consensus seems to be 'very little'). Opening games between favourites can often be dull affairs as neither team wants to start with a loss.

France to Win:
As stated France are tipped to win this one and if they are going to it will be on the back of an attacking display. The forward trio of Nasri, Ribery and Benzema would cause any team trouble and Englands back line will have to be at their very best to keep a clean sheet. They will also have to break their recent major tournament hoodoo and stay together as a team.

England to Win:
A win for England must be built on the back of a compact and organised defensive unit to nulify the French strength in attack. France do have some concerns at the back and if Ashley Young can carry on his recent international form then they will get chances.

Likely Result:
This game is tricky to call on paper it looks like a win for France however there is a lot of unpredictability about both teams a 3-0 either way would not raise many eyebrows. Losing your opening game can make qualification very very tricky so I do not ecxpect either team to be very cavalier and due to that I am going for a tight 1-1
Araz (Queens Park Rangers) 2 years ago
50% chance of low score draw, 25% chance of France Win, 15% of England win, 10% chance of totally unpredictable chaos lead by a French revolt on the pitch
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wow, that was the most predictable result in history...
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Oh man give a dude some credit!
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You have a gift Matt haha. Predict the next England match right and I'll really be impressed
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I accept the challenge.    I am going for 2-0 England.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football