Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Euro 2012: The Factdown
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago

Each day this will be updated with a new fact until we hit kick off!

(please feel free to reply to posts but do not make new posts)
Spartan (West Ham United) 1 year ago
Will there be a DreamFooty leage for EuroCup?
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
100. - Number of goals scored in qualifying "Group A" which included Germany, Turkey and Belgium, this was the 2nd highest scoring group (the first was Group E with 118 with Netherlands and Sweden)
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The world is just so full of talented defenders and goalkeepers!
Liverpool31 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Like your team right?
XnickthesickX (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Like your team right?
Liverpool31 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Between Arsenal, Liverpool, and Manchester United Liverpool has the best defence. Man Utd without Vidic is trash, Arsenal without Vermaelen is trash. Liverpool without Glen Johnson is actually better
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Liverpool have conceded 3 less goals than us, bravo. Meanwhile, you have less than HALF our goals. You have scored only 4/13 teams below you have scored LESS goals than Liverpool lol. It's been 5 seasons since Liverpool conceded less goals than United and we still finished above you. Pipe down please
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
German Tormaschine
Ikrau (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Yea Borg you're right, but the original argument wasn't about goals scored, it was about defence. I'm a Liverpool fan and I'm extremely disappointed with our ability in the final third of the pitch this season. But I will say as you just stated, Liverpool has conceded 3 LESS goals that United. So yea you're right you will finish above us in the table, and hopefully (in my opinion at least) you will knock those rich bastards Man City off the top spot. But in terms of defence. I have to give it to Liverpool
Dacjazzy07 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Liverpool without glen johnson is better? What are you smoking? He's just injury prone but he's a great attacker and a good defender
ThatDamnPerson (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Arsenal without vermaelen is trash? We'd be trash without sagna, mertesacker, koscielny, AND vermaelen
Krzysiekosw (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I guess fact number 118 will be about group E, which scored 118 goals ;d (Sorry for 2 posts, there should be Delete option)
Krzysiekosw (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I guess fact number 118 will be about group E, which scored 118 goals ;d
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
99. - Number of games played by Sweden in the European Championships. They have also conceded 99 goals. They will play their 100th game against Ukraine on June 11th.
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
98.- Lowest attendance of any qualifying game for Euro 2012, in the game between Andorra and Armenia
Deeppurple359 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
What was the attendance
Phorce16 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
98 dude
Deeppurple359 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Oh right
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 2 years ago
LoL only 98!?!?!
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Haha wow
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Andorra -__- it was 98 away fans I'm sure
Rangzw (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Georgio (Bayern München) 2 years ago
That was a good day
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
97.- Number of goals conceded by Holland in the 125 European Championship matches they have played in since the competition started in 1960, they will most likely conceded their 100th goal at Euro 2012.
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Wonder how this compares to other teams
W00sh (Hamburger SV) 2 years ago
Yeah, would be useful to know in relation to other teams
Guanda (Ajax) 1 year ago
97 goals conceded in 125 matches played.... Nice
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
96.- Euro 96 was the first time where 16 teams qualified for the finals instead of the previous 8. This was also the first time there had been a proper Quarter Final match at the finals of the tournament.
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
What does "proper quarter final" mean?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Simply that previously with only 8 teams after the group phase the next matches would be semi finals. If the last group match was a deciding factor in the group this could be seen as an unofficial quarter-final
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
95.- The minute in which Oliver Bierhoff scored the first ever "Golden Goal" in a major tournament (Euro '96), bagging the dramatic winner in the final against Czech Republic to give Germany a 2-1 win.
Edawn (Bayer Leverkusen) 2 years ago
Nevar forget
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
Thank god they cancelled this idea
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
94.- No. of goals scored at European Championships finals matches involving Germany. They have also played (38) matches and scored (55) goals, more than any other team to have taken part.

And
90 + 4 was the dramatic last minute in which Sylvan Wiltord scored the equalising goals against Italy in the final of the European Championships in 2000, the game went to extra time and Trezeguet won it for France with a Golden Goal.
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
93.- Minute of the equalizing goal scored by legendary Austrian Ivica Vastic. His strike against Poland made history as it was Austria's 1st ever goal at the Euros and at 38 made him the oldest ever scorer
CROGerrard (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 1 year ago
His brother is my coach
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
92. - Euro 92 was won by Denmark, but they originally failed to qualify and were drafted in as substitutes after Yugoslavia were disqualified due to civil war
FaisalP (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Rare history
Jeganx (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Yeah, every Euro have a great story to tell...
Rezatnt (Barcelona) 2 years ago
It will be perfect if there will be deamfooty team for euro 2012 too  I HOPE
FaisalP (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Yeah but next time, don't make new post
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
91.- Number of international caps held by Sweden Goal Keeper Andreas Isaksson, likely to be the tallest player at Euro 2012 at 1.99m. He is Swede's 10th most capped player ever
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
90.- Number of European Championship qualifying matches played by England. They've won 56, Drawn 24 and lost 10.
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
89.- Minute of the winning goal scored by Nihat of Turkey in what was probably the most exciting game of Euro 2008. Turkey came back from 2-0 to beat the Czech Republic 3-2 with goals in the 87 and 89th minute from the Turkey Captain.
EuroFactHunt 2 years ago
88.- 1988 was the year in which Marco Van Basten scored arguably one of the greatest goals ever in the Final match of the tournament which Netherlands won 2-0 against the USSR.

Joshtch (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
The final match of which tournament?
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Euro 88'...
Dacjazzy07 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Love this goal, torres had a similar goal    
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
How about Gazza's Sombrero against Scotland in the Euro96 ?! A piece a beauty!

Guanda (Ajax) 1 year ago
No offense to you Dacjazzy07, but the ball traveled in a similar way, in no way is this a similar goal. First of all: This was the final of the Euro 88, obviously nerves etc. Play a big role, second: Van Basten didn' first control the ball, this was an amazing volley. Again no offense just voicing my opinion

Kick4Life - changing lives through football