Forums / Euro 2012
Order: Newest / Oldest
Confidence, Belief And Pride All Rising!
Fanlabs (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Since topping our group, the confidence of English fans in Roy and the boys as well as the belief of England fans that we can win it this year has greatly increased. We're still not very optimistic compared to the fans of some of the other teams that made it to the QFs, but the majority of England fans favour us to beat the Italians but reckon we'll get dumped out by the Germans in the semis.
As I see it, we've already exceeded the expectations of most by getting out of our group, but I don't feel like we've really been tested so far. Our only real test of resolve was coming back from behind to beat what was a rather poor Sweden team (poor on the day - they showed their strength against the French). The game on Sunday is going to be our first real test I think and I'm interested to see how we deal with it. It is positive to see that the press and fans are getting behind the team and that we don't have any major injury worries since the tournament began or any in-fighting. I personally think that it will take a minor miracle for us to beat the Germans in the semis, but I really hope we can do over the Italians tomorrow to line up what I think will be THE tie of the tournament.
What do you lot reckon? On paper I think we have a better team than Italy, but they had to come through a harder group and have been tested more. Will we beat them?
BeefCurtains (Limerick) 2 years ago
Sooo, how's that all working out for you thus far?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football