Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
Sweden V England, Jun 15
Madhavan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Great match.... But how about those two point blank saves fromt hat swedish goalkeeper? From Terry and Gerrard in the second half?
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Well sadly he wasn't able to stop walcott's shot lol
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
What game for Theo. A goal and winning assist
Footymasta (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Damn that zlatan is like a rock in the way, the header from carroll was superb I was impressed and the assist.... Beauty. Fluke or not welbecks finish was sick, solid defending performance by melberg + 2 goals to his name to top it off MOTM for me
Topshotta (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Walcott the Super Sub! I say keep bringing him off the bench running at tired legs. He seems to disappear more often than not in games he starts
Bannie (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Melberg MOTM.    Disappointed that Sweden couldn't do better especially since they had taken the lead at 2-1
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Walcott the superb hero
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
The Best game of the Euro so far. The next game Ukraine v England will be boiling!
Mercurialmatt (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
More like pouring
ElProfesor (Servette Geneve) 2 years ago
Portugal denmark was a great game too, but this one was more open, with more chances I reckon
121barca 2 years ago
ENGLISH! PLEASE!
Jellis (Bristol City) 2 years ago
I stopped watching this after the instant Livepool bias began proceedings. I wonder if he would have said the same had Gerrard made that flick? No question in my mind that he meant it.... What else would he do, other than instinctively guide the ball towards the goal? Control it? No
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Brilliant result for England. Defensively they conceded 2 very poor goals. Carroll took his one superbly. Walcott turned out to be the game changer. Welbeck's goal was pure genius. With Rooney back England now have a great chance to go further
GlennyBoy (Rangers) 2 years ago
Pure genius? He meant to control it and accidentely hit it in the net lol
Murda1 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
GlennyBoy looks like you got something against England loll!
CrimsonLegacy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@GlennyBoy If you have ever played the game with creativity and improvisation, you would know that Welbeck meant it all the way. He has done that a couple of times for United
TkMutd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Welbeck's all round game was good, he had some nice link up play, made some nice runs but wasn't able to get passed the veteran Mellberg. PS - can we get a highlight video in English please?
MadridUnited (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
This highlight is in English.  Good 33mins of the best action in the game.  How is it that you can't see it, yet you commented.
Zub122 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ukraine v England

(GK)J. Hart

(RB)G. Johnson - (RCB) J. Terry - (LCB) Lescott -(LB) L. Baines

(CDM) S. Parker - (CDM) S. Gerrard

(RW) Milner - (ATM) W. Rooney - (LW) A. Young

(Forward) D. Welbeck

(Subs)
(GK)Green - (CB) P. Jagielka - (CB) P. Jones (CM) Hernderson (Wing) Walcott (CF) Defoe & A. Caroll
Ck099 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
NO F.... ING WAY.... Walcott 4 milner...
2halves (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I say the Ox for Milner with Walcott as the super-sub.

Ox seems better defensively than Walcott but with more of an attacking threat than Milner
KrazyMallu (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'd actually start with the line up suggested above you, and keep Walcott as a supersub. Better to bring on pace against tiring guys. As for the subs bench, I think the whole squad can be used, you don't have to name seven guys
Goonerforlife14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
@2halves lol walcott has been know all season to track back, ox is the one who usually isn't good defensively
I've seen ox rob other defenders, Walcott does track back but rarely pinches the ball - stands off more    
Goonerforlife14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Guessing you havent watch arsenal matches then
Gcopley (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
I think everyone has missed the biggest mistake here. A Cole not at left back? That is just ridiculous. He is the best left back in the world, with out doubt. I stopped reading the team after that
Acphenom (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
Cole's carrying an injury and he was caught out of position too much against Sweden
Shadow400 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
For what I noticed in last night match
The overall player performance

(GK)J. Hart - 5. 5

(RB)G. Johnson-5. 5/(RCB)J. Terry-5. 5/(LCB)Lescott-5. 5/(LB)Cole-5

(CDM)S. Parker-6. 5/(CDM)S. Gerrard-6. 0/(RW)Milner-4. 5/(LW)A. Young-4. 0

(FWD)D. Welbeck-6. 5/fwd Caroll-6. 5/Sub Walcott-7. 0/Chamberlin-5. 5

The worst player was Ashley young running around with no direction. Losing the ball, not performing his role that's providing cross for the fwds.... And yet he is still not replaced.
The whole England team look tired with the look on terry/gerard/milner/lescott/johnson/cole all lack pace and confidence. Except for Parker/Welbeck/Caroll and walcott the match winner.... Hodgson's decision to still put young in.... ?
A good football team rely on alot of team work good passing game and tactics it's football and most goal are scored with the foot.
England has to learn that the basics if they want t win the EURO 2012.... My picks so far Germany vs Spain
Kryptz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wtf is he saying? Chopchopchopchopchop each time there's Welbeck's replay?
Shadow400 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
For what I noticed in last night match
The overall player performance

(GK)J. Hart - 5. 5

(RB)G. Johnson-5. 5/(RCB)J. Terry-5. 5/(LCB)Lescott-5. 5/(LB)Cole-5

(CDM)S. Parker-6. 5/(CDM)S. Gerrard-6. 0/(RW)Milner-4. 5/(LW)A. Young-4. 0

(FWD)D. Welbeck-6. 5/fwd Caroll-6. 5/Sub Walcott-7. 0/Chamberlin-5. 5

The worst player was Ashley young running around with no direction. Losing the ball, not performing his role that's providing cross for the fwds.... And yet he is still not replaced.
The whole England team look tired with the look on terry/gerard/milner/lescott/johnson/cole all lack pace and confidence. Except for Parker/Welbeck/Caroll and walcott the match winner.... Hodgson's decision to still put young in.... ?
A good football team rely on alot of team work good passing game and tactics it's football and most goal are scored with the foot.
England has to learn that the basics if they want t win the EURO 2012.... My picks so far Germany/Spain/
MadridUnited (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Dude, you obviously need glasses.  Better still, watch the game again.... Your assessment is complete crap.
Smells of fear to me. Spain are totally one dimensional. England could beat them
HenbE (Arsenal) 2 years ago
LOL, 'this time we can go all the way'. Haha
This team is as good as any England team in the last 20yrs
Believer (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Delusional fans, England did play well I agree however they are stil a long looong way off from being among the top 2/3 teams

Kick4Life - changing lives through football