Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
Sweden V England, Jun 15
Djsydfooty (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Get in there Stevie G!
Mancunio (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Stupid scouse twat, dismissed welbecks effort to praise liverpool players.
Of course welbeck went for that, anyone can see that.
Liverpool fans are delusional
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Er.... No Liverpool fan has dismissed Welbeck's effort and resulting goal. Welbeck's goal was pretty awesome and classy, and I'm not just saying that.

So perhaps you are delusional in making a biased comment?
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I voted Welbeck's game winner for goal of the week.... So chill out Mancunio and don't get your knickers in a twist
Madhavan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Lol.... I've been fighting Barca and Chelsea fans here sayin gthat Welbeck's goal was no fluke but a flash of brilliance....

Lol @Mancunio
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Club rivalry aside, all about England please
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
England, a side of two contrasting halves. Great in the first half, with a great cross from Steven Gerrard setting up Andy Carroll for a good goal. England also attacked well and defended well, reducing Sweden's chances of a goal to shots outside the box.

Second half.... Goodness, England switched off. The first goal was unlucky on a frantic Glen Johnson's part (who apart from that comical own goal defended superbly for the majority of the game), the second was terribly poor marking - Mellberg had all day to put that one away. Still, a good fightback - Walcott produced a superb goal and Webleck's goal was classy.

Milner and Young were useless out there today, clearly the worst England players on the field today. They need to really step up, otherwise it's just Gerrard and Parker producing the inspiration in midfield. And with Rooney back in the fold now, it's going to be interesting as to which striker goes on the bench...
SeanPaul (Chelsea) 2 years ago
What about 4-3-3 with rooney on the left, caroll middle and welbeck on the right?
Thachad108 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
NO! Forget 4-3-3 toss out the 4-4-2 from today same defenders.... Take out POS Milner.... Replace him with Walcott or Oxlade (both playing well).... Put Rooney at CF on the top of Carrol and you've got yourself a nice little goal scoring sandwhich
PRoblem with Walcott is he can't defend that well.... You saw how IBra just shoved him off in a physical challenge? Milner won't be that easily 'shoved' off.... That's why he's preferred....

I think Rooney will step in for either Welbeck or Carroll.... Milner won't go away.... He's a decent player....
Morar95 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Well Welbeck has scored more than Carroll and I feel has better all round play. Further more there would be a better understanding since Rooney is coming in.

And you guys need to stop picking on Young. Yes, he was actually really bad in that game and I felt it was his strength that let him down considering the Swedes are actually more strong than he is. Remember, he has scored some good goals for England. He scored against Norway literally by himself and he scored in his previous friendlies barring Belgium
UnseenChelseaFa (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ibra is such a punk. Anyone see him yelling at Hart after Sweden scored the second goal? Just made this win even sweeter for England
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You saw that too? I don't know what he said, but by the looks of it it didn't seem nice.

Maybe with all the English press on the pitch, one of them heard about (or maybe lipread) what Ibra said, LOL
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Oh wow ya seemed like he was very excited for sure, but wow. And notice the one sweden player get hurt in face on that 2nd goal with celebration lol
Thachad108 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ibra is a punk.... And I'm glad Sweden went up a goal so his inner douche-bag would come out.... That said he's also a god-damn beast.... Did you see him chunk Terry and Lescott off the ball? Motha f****n'.... Ibbbbrrraaa.... Lul
Lol.... Actuall ywhat happend was, the Swedish celebration huddle was falling over Hart and he tried to push them away.... For which Ibra reacted....

Wonder what Hart had to tell after FT to Ibra
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hand-bags is all it was, Hart pushed the Swedish players celebrating and Ibra reacted with alittle verbal which was justified. Good game. I'm happy england are looking better
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Well done England you actually performed somewhat decent.... Though England should have won by 2-3 goals. Ox/Walcott left wing and why the hell wasn't lennon picked for right wing? Milner is decent but no pace, lennon is superb
SeanPaul (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Milner was chosen for his work rate. Despite not having good speed, he can deliver good crosses. When england needed to attack and add more firepower, walcott was brought on. Quite a sensible change from hodgson
4m0E (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Gooner influence in England win ;p.... Great game with lots of trills
OBIsquare (AC Milan) 2 years ago
No surprise here. I don't think I've ever seen Sweden succeed versus England. Never the less. England's fighting spirit was a joy to watch against Sweden's uncanning performance
WR10God (York City) 2 years ago
Intersting, considering it's the first time England have beaten Sweden in a major tournament...
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
^ true, the last was a 2-2 draw in 2006
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
What a fantastic match here, lots of goals and good to see. England just pulled through. Carroll had a super strong header that was nice. Sweden tied it up and then went ahead on some whatever goals the one own goal and then the nice header. Great to see all Sweden fans going nuts. But wow Walcott came on and made huge impact, the first goal from far out, was super shot but goalie miss judged it and screwed up but great shot. Then he does perfect cross and Welbeck back heels it in well, was nice goal. Good win for England for sure, they needed that win for sure and got it. Good to see Both fans got to celebrate, but sucks sweden out already for there fans
Bendingo (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Absolute beauty of a header by Carroll!
Sexyted (Barcelona) 2 years ago
THAT WELBECK GOAL LOOKED LIKE A FLUKE TO ME :/
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 2 years ago
Sometimes in futbol, you need a fluke play like that to win
BilaalJilani (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think you better watch golf instead of football...
Sweds keeper got trolled by Welbeck heel
CrimsonLegacy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Sexyted If you have ever played football with a shred of imagination and creativity, you would know that Welbeck intended that all the way. That back-heel is becoming his trademark and he has used that skilled quite often for United.
Sexyted (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I have been playing football longer than 30 years dude.... Have some respect & have done a lot of unbeleavable moves in my time & I'm not ashame to admit a lot of them was unintensional
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 2 years ago
Great win England. You need to work on defending set pieces if you gonna' win against tougher teams
ColonelBX (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Welbeck's goal is definitely a fluke....    But so what, IT WAS awesome! GOAL OF THE WEEK!
WTF? That was great class by the boy.... Give it the credit it deserves!
CrimsonLegacy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@ColonelBX If you have ever played football with a shred of imagination and creativity, you would know that Welbeck intended that all the way. That back-heel is becoming his trademark and he has used that skilled quite often for United
Dustdevils (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Andy carroll and danny welbeck holding hands.... Made me cry.
Blues17 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Superb goals by England. Not a perfect performance by any means, but got the result that mattered. That cross by Gerrard was master class and Welbeck's goal was tekkers!
Umm, what did Ibra say to Hart?
Tnavic (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Surly not a nice word. Lolz
Coooookie 2 years ago
Then hart deflected his shots.... Justice was served

Kick4Life - changing lives through football