Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
Sweden V England, Jun 15
MichalisC (Panathinaikos Athens) 2 years ago
Very lucky to get 3 points...
Kisho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Talk about your long named team first
Danny88 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Why does it matter what team he supports? He's commenting on the game and it was a fair comment
CrimsonLegacy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@MichalisC I can't say the same for Greece
MichalisC (Panathinaikos Athens) 2 years ago
Two of Englands goals were flukes. They will need to improve in the next game
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Lol how where they flukes? .... If anything they showed pure skill and talent by both walcott&welbeck!
Aceed (Arsenal) 2 years ago
They really were bad for most of this game. Right from the start you could tell Sweden would score. England didn't look tired, but they took their time over everything (saving up their energy? I'm not sure) and cut corners by booting the ball in that classic england way of loosing posession. But I wouldn't want to take anything away from Wallcott here. As soon as he got on the pitch, things sped up. Welbeck profited from the better direct delivery. Defoe would work well with Milner, Welbeck works well with Wallcott. I wouldn't call them flukes at all. Intense game
Beautifulgame (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think that what they tried didn't quite work, to be honest, but it's a learning proccess
Robbyb (Aston Villa) 2 years ago
MichalisC.... Welbeck's goal wasn't a fluke, it was great ! Maybe Walcott was a bit lucky if the keeper's view was blocked by players or if he made a mistake with his positioning but the shot didn't actually take a deflection. (So well said lovelyeli But your 2nd sentence is right, I agree they'll need to improve in the next game
Vip91 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Thanks for the input MichalisC, aren't you a greek fan.... I'd say they were pretty lucky to even qualify haha
CrimsonLegacy (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@MichalisC.... Greece are going to need more than luck to avoid their situation
Supre sub walcott
Hodgson should put walcott instead of crappy milner
Optical (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Wow! Exciting match, with 5 goals and changes in the lead. Great inspiration moment by Welbeck in the 3rd goal!
Lovelyeli (CD Chivas de Guadalajara) 2 years ago
Loved this game!.... Nice to see england trying to add some variety by attacking, Walcott was fantastic coming off the bench.... He has such a strong impact that I don't know if I would start him or not.... But he is better than milner.

Welbeck! SuperDanny!
I am very surprised at this result. Going into the match I expected England to win (but only just). As soon as Sweden took the lead I thought it was all other. But I have been pleasantly surprised
P. S I actually can't stop laughing at Johnsons own goal
Sid3091 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lol, I don't think he could have done anything about it
Trob757 (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Nice goal from Welbeck
Obskurum (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
The MVP of the match is between Olof Mellberg and Theo Wallcott
RaggaTrip 2 years ago
Well done England on the win but I'm fairly sure you're not going to be so fortunate against a stronger team. Had Sweden actually defended a little better during the second half I'm sure they would have won.

Atrixer (Norwich City) 2 years ago
You say that but we drew with France, beat Spain in a friendly
KinHRd16 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
What's problem between Hart and Ibra?
Xavii (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Seems to me that Hart was just trying to stop the Swedish players from shoving him into his own net during their celebration. Then Ibra, well.... Goes Ibra on Hart and tries to pick a fight or something.

Go England!
Danny88 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Ibra is a c**t
MidfieldMaestro (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Mouthed him of in bosnian called him a mother f****r.... 'idi you picku materinu'
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Ibra is just a c**t but for some weird reason he is still a boss
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Hodgson did everything right in this game. He "unleashed" caroll, who quite frankly I thought wasn't going to perform. I ate my words. Then he put on walcott, who typically out of the blue will surprise at times. Great game. I hope France top the group though
NerazurriGunner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Yeaaaaa Walcot! Arsneal!
NerazurriGunner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Hodgson made really smart substitutions. Capello seemed like he was just in for the money after the world cup, lost interest.... People may criticize milners selection (he didn't play THAT great which is expected), but I see what hodgsons trying to do, he's going safer. Besides walcotts better as a super sub with his pace against the tired legs. While milner does both defensive and attacking duties + he made many crosses in the first half! Where was young!

Anyways good job roy keep it up

Kick4Life - changing lives through football