Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
Poland V England, Oct 17
Oh2BeAGooner (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Either Hodgson dumps 4-4-2 or England dump Hodgson. Terrible tactics for the set of players he has
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Agreed. Hodgson should do one of two things. Either pick a group of players and choose the tactics to suit them, or create a standard tactic and pick the players who will suit that. Right now he's doing neither and its frustrating
JRadical (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I've been saying Hodgson wasn't the man for the job since the beginning. Why the FA picked him over Redknapp is anyone's guess. Hodgson is so outdated in tactics its laughable, he keeps playing crap players like Milner and leaving the Ox on the bench. Hope the FA can eat some humble pie and ask Redknapp to take the kob that should have been his in the 1st place
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 2 years ago
But all the United players are getting playing time, you should be happy
I still do not know how
1) carrick is still playing for england and huddlestone isn't
2) why milner is still played on the wings? He's not a winger for goodness sake
3) how defoe is still in the lineup
4) why we stick with the passionless rooney
5) gerrard, who tries his hardest, is still in the squad
6) how cleverley gets the nod to play when he is a jack of all trades but a master of none
7) lescott is still starting for england when he's shown to be a shadow of himself in his everton years
8) why the hell can't england string together more than 3 passes
9) why england went with the long ball game with defoe over carrol
10) how johnson is picked over walker (although johnson had a decent game)
Vincedout (Arsenal) 2 years ago
You cannot leave Rooney out. Why he got substituted is beyond me He is a world class player and everywhere on a football pitch. Why on earth was Defoe starting when you have Welbeck or Chamberlain
England have won more games without rooney than they have with rooney, he is not their saviour and never will be. He is atrocious for england unlike at club football.
And I agree with you on the defoe case. He shouldnt even be in the squad
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The england bench didn't look happy at all
SoccerLOL (Vauxhall Motors) 2 years ago
England fan flowchart:

1) If the England captain doesn't play for your club, you should seek any opportunity to mention the fact he's not worthy of the shirt. Especially if you don't win.

2) Game starts. Totally expect the win regardless of who you are playing. Talk up your chances in a conditional tense to cover your back, just like the pundits/commentators do.

3) Did England win? If yes, go to step 4a. If not, step 4b

4a) You should let the world know that your win is the most resounding of all the international results. Remind them that England are worldbeater.

4b) Complain about the starting 11, even if it means replacing them with players who you said were useless from the previous England game. Remember, the problem is always down to your tactics/players. Don't mention your opponents, let alone give credit to them.

5) Whether it is a win or a loss, you should remind your fellow England fan: "At least we're still better then Germany. "

Cycle
TruthBomb (Central Jersey Spartans) 2 years ago
ROFL!    So true
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Better than Germany? Facepalm
Vincedout (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Is Gareth Barry injured? Or is he out of international football? Because he should at least be in the squad
Swenger (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Derp di-derp di-didelly-derp-di-dumb
Poopadoop (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Bale is Welsh, meaning from Wales, meaning not English, meaning not from England
MikeCOYS (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Are you high? He said Gareth barry, meaning from England, meaning he's English, meaning not from Wales
Pito316 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
@Vincedout, delete your footytube account, dude...
RyanDickinson (Liverpool) 2 years ago
@ Poopadoop I can't tell what is more stupid your comment or the fact that someone liked it
Atrixer (Norwich City) 2 years ago
Gareth Barry is overrated and has never performed well for Engalnd, i'd take Scott Parker or Wilshire over him
If gareth barry has to be injured so to not be included in the squad then I hope he always picks up an injury before international games. He is not what england needs and neither is carrick
Connections (Juventus) 2 years ago
England is probably the best team in the world right now...
Yep, just ahead of Atlantis and Narnia
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I will like this comment if it was meant to be a sarcastic remark!
JKTan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Eriksson.... Not bad.... But never figured out how to place stevieG & lamp in diamond midfield....

Mclaren.... Becks dropped.... Brought up bunch of 2nd class crap players.... England says goodbye to euro....

Capello.... Becks still dropped.... Preferred a big striker who doesn't know how to score.... Hammered by germany in WC....

Hodgson.... Liverpool rejected.... Rio dropped.... Terry retired.... Mixed up different youngsters+seniors every game.... Players don't even click with 'everytime new' teammates....

Who's next?
I just.... I just don't know wtf you're trying to say here and how it realtes to the game
JKTan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hi Matt93! Always good to see you f***kin around footytube. England didn't play well.... Matter fact never played well. Blame it on the coach. That's wtf I'm saying
Sorry don't know who you are, glad to know I'm almost famous though
Yeh no crap, I can do a better job than any of these "managers" but maybe next time you want to shape your comment so that people understand what you are trying to say. Not hating just helping
Joe420x (Chelsea) 2 years ago
But England were the s**t last week when they played those nobodies and won.... Reality is.... England sucks
Shaymoose17 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Joe Hart, stay in your effin goal man!
Dannymorales21 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Oh england how you never live up to expectations...
AdamBlack (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Come on let's face it! England's never been in the contenders list for any competitions as far as I can remember. All they've is history
Dessie5 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think the reason England never reach the heights they should is that the players don't like each other or there seems to be no passion. There is no desire to play and die for the national team as there is with other countries. The UK media have a lot to answer for as these guys can not even call each other school yard names during matches on the weekend without being drawn into court. When I was a teenager we called each other a lot worse and nobody could or would get upset even though it may not have been "ethically or morally" correct. England needs to rediscover its sense of nationalism and be proud to be England and not care what the politically correct thing to do is or what others think of them. We expect the English football fan to be giving it loads and that is what makes it so enjoyable when someone beats England! So come on back England. Find your Englishnish so you can be better and we can have more fun at hating you! It is no fun right now, you are too bad and are gone too nice! Get it together
Dtouch (Ajax) 2 years ago
That's the problem with English football; you guys think all that's missing is just some more "passion".... Piss and vinegar is useless when the level of technicality is meagre

Kick4Life - changing lives through football