Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
Norway V England, May 26
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 1 year ago
Where the heck were those moves at with Man Utd, Ashley Young?
Epicfootballer9 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Gotta' love ashley young
Cmarquez (Barcelona Guayaquil) 1 year ago
I wish the best for England in the Euro. With a little fate in Roy Hodgson this team can be great and dominate like they do in their leagues
Daniel85 (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 1 year ago
Great move by Ashley Young, he's the best. Norway wasn't bad
Ranndino (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Thank god I only watched the highlights. Looks like it was a game between two very average teams & the one that's not going to the Euro actually had the better of it by quite a bit, despite losing. I really don't get why so many England fans keep deluding themselves into thinking that England is good & even has a chance of winning the Euro. Than again Chelsea won the champions league so anything can happen, I guess
Brainsare (Juventus) 1 year ago
Like every 2 years, Norway is "the best team not to qualify". It's not even a joke, I mean it literally. It's sad for us, but we don't have the strongest of teams anymore, the 90's were our great days with Solskjær, Berg, are. Johnsen, Bjørnebye, Rekdal, Flo etc.

Right now we only have four and a half world-class players (Riise, Hangeland, Moa Abdellaoue, Erik Huseklepp and a declining Morten Gamst Pedersen) and 4 up-and-coming ones (Tarik Elyounoussi, Even Hovland, Markus Henriksen and Valon Berisha). Not a lot to go on, especially for a game like this when you're facing a really good team and have too many people missing from your best 11.

Hangeland was to blame for how easily he let Young pass for the goal, the rest of the game pretty much belonged to Norway, but like always we display a lack of creativity in offense. We have a European top-level finisher in Moa, but that's worthless when your attacking football has no plan
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 1 year ago
With formation and style like this, their wives wouldn't have to wait their husbands that long back in their home
Timai2 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Haha.... True that
Moron (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Hodgson has turned england into every team he has coached. Long ball tactics with defensive fullbacks and a target man up front. He always tells the team to stay in shape and sacrifice possession for positioning and to defend deep with 8/9 men behind the ball. Always boring to watch. Always plays 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. His tactics usually always lead to the opposition having more possession and more shots on goal, like today. Hodgsons teams never dominate a match.

It might work for england who knows, but it certainly didn't work for liverpool when he told torres to be a target man, and it made for seriously boring football.

I don't know about other people but i'd rather have us play like germany or spain and go out of the tournament in style rather than with this type of football
SeanPaul (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Offence wins you games, but defence wins you championships. Chelsea have demonstrated that this season.

I can see what roy want to turn england to. But their defence isn't solid enough yet to do that. With caroll on top, he is no doubt a good target man that can hold the ball and wait for his team mates.

But their defence just isn't solid enough and coherent enough as a team. You need some time for that
The part you're missing is that England is not capable of playing like Germany or Spain. English fans continue to overrate their players. Who does England have to play the kind of football Germany or especially Spain play? Spain's be team is far stronger than England's best XI
Moron (Liverpool) 1 year ago
If the likes of gerrard young milner walcott rooney barry parker can play like that for their clubs of course they can for their country
Kickaball (Liverpool) 1 year ago
They can't. They play for different teams, under different managers, with different tatics and mentality, but they do overestimate themselves and choose to flaunt rather than try to gel when they're in the England team
[account-removed] 1 year ago
So many flaws in the england team that hodgson selected that it honestly pisses me off that he's getting paid so much money for the job. How is jones picked over richards? How is downing picked over johnson? How do the players who are constantly picked but constantly fail (gerrard) in the team? And why arent there any other youngsters other than jones and the ox in the team? Where is cleverly? Why isn't sturridge in the side considering welbeck has a injury cloud? Barry is in the team? He can't pass the ball to save his life and has no pace, only reason he looked good for man city was because of yaya. I don't understand how these Muppets keep getting paid so much money and constantly choose a terrible team. If england make it out of the group I will be surprised
Redsforever (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Bcz your chelsea fan and you got non other than Lampard and Terry on Bench
Logic (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Here are my points.

1. I agree with you Matt, I'm shocked my self he should stick with Micah at RB, I watched this whole match and Jones was poor in passing and defending - his just inexperience. I would rather see him as a Defensive Midfielder he should replace Barry.

2. I see Roy setting up a defensive tactic and formation in each match from know on, his abit scared on setting up a more attacking side.

3. Downing should of never been picked, he may be a nice guy out side football but Johnson has more potential in getting more assist and goals this summer.

4. How is Jermaine Defoe picked over Sturridge he may be a ball hog but he gives Hope, unlike Defoe who only plays good in friendlies.

5. I would rather see the youngsters play in Euro than these out of date England players who only go to these competition just to get an early holiday.

My Starting Team Line up would be:
Hart
Micah-Terry-Cahill-A. Cole
Johnson-Lampard-Parker-A. Young
Chamberlain - Carroll

When Ronney Comes back Carrol is replaced
Imagine Ox and Ronney partnership.

I didn't include gerrard cause watching him play all season and this match he looks out of it
Logic (Arsenal) 1 year ago
And Theo, Danny, Struidge, Jones and Milner could be used as subs or in Starting 11 only if there is a injury or do a squad rotation to keep everybody happy
@redsforever oh a liverpool fan, what were you trying to say once again? Couldn't get the point
[account-removed] 1 year ago
@redsforever your english is as good as downings ability to score and assist
Steringar (Fulham) 1 year ago
What's with the Gerrard tackle bashing? It was a tackle, first on the ball, all ball, get over it. Can't stand what is becoming of football. Even the rules advantage richer teams. Richer teams have more technical players, and if smaller teams can't even get a tackle in, how on earth are they supposed to win if they can't get a foot in? It's hard enough with all the divers out there.

As for England, you have to be a sucker for punishment to watch them (I guess I am....). So disappointing.
But I do have one question. How is it that Liverpool (even Liverpool fans would admit they have a terrible team) that have had a dismal season, have so many players on the team? Downing and most of all Henderson? Henderson hardly plays for Liverpool!
As much as I understand the Carrol inclusion, Downing, Henderson, Johnson? Gaffer bias. On the other hand, Man UTD (haven't been great but still....), no Rio, no Carrick.... But Jones who hasn't even been playing recently besides the city game in which he was probably the worst player on the pitch.... I dunno. Gaffer knows more about football that I do, but I just don't get it. I miss Gazza
The inclusion of a lot of Liverpool players is simply a testament to how slim the pickings for England are
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 1 year ago
Gerrard take it easy man, this a friendly match
Lol his tackle was clean and impeccable
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Not exactly the most thrilling of matches. Wish Norway had been more imaginative when in possession of the ball. Gerrard needs to remember that he's not playing in the Prem, that sort of challenge is unacceptable in a trivial friendly match
St1or (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Lol 1-8-2-0 formatino.... Haven't seen that before
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Well we hoped we wouldn't have to see it again....
Smitty29 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Chelsea used it against you guys and Bayern in the champions league! I personally enjoy the 8-1-1 formation more
CenturyJunir0 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Haha, I laughed when the guy went off limping. YNWA Stevie!
St1or (Barcelona) 1 year ago
That's sad...
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 1 year ago
No that's liverpool
Mancunio (Manchester United) 1 year ago
England are just an average team, and they have been for many years.
They never dominate and have no flare.

It doesn't matter if this is a second choice team or not, lower your expectations
And you won't be disappointed
CalumLUFC 1 year ago
Don't care if we play like this all tournament aslong as we are winning

Kick4Life - changing lives through football