Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
Norway V England, May 26
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I'm an England fan but they played pretty s**t. Ah well a lot of starters were missing, still think they'll win there group
DarkenLFCBarca (Barcelona) 1 year ago
What a boring game to watch.... Lol    England surely will be out in the quarter with this kind of play
Chelseafan121 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Young goal was sick but england were just boring  
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Same ol' same ol'...
Chelseafan121 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Stupid hodgson didn't even put micah ricards in the team  
Wildman17 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yea that guy has a real edge to him, I like his game and he deserves to be on the team  
Reventon (Barcelona) 1 year ago
If he's not on the team then that proves what kind of manager roy hodgson is
Atrixer (Norwich City) 1 year ago
It was difficult to stay awake during this game. It was almost as boring as watching Downing on his own
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Not a great win for England, 1-0, very good goal by Young but Norway good to see were in game, would have being nice if they scored but England should have scored more
Oneeyekeeper (Liverpool) 1 year ago
It's a friendly so don't make strong tackles? They are playing for their country how is it not serious? I don't care that it's a friendly Gerrard gives it his all trying to win everything. That's why he plays for his country unlike others who think games don't matter because of a title
Mosby (Barcelona) 1 year ago
That's probably not the point man, that tackle was not just strong, it was too strong especially for the circumstances.

You still may not agree but i'd like to hear your reaction if it had been Rooney or Gerard himself at the end of that tackle under similar 'friendly' circumstances.

You may argue that Gerard got the ball and he's playing with passion but the fact remains that this was indeed a low stakes game and he could have ended another player's career.

But then again, the shoe's not on your foot eh?
I do agree with your view but where do you stop then? Where does a strong challenge become acceptable? I know it is only a friendly and going in could end a mans career. I believe he had no intention of that though and that's the point of difference because everytime you step on to the field you could end your career. Gerrard was going only for the ball.

I may have a different opinion if it was rooney on Gerrard but the fact is that I would expect someone playing against me to make the same kind of tackle no matter the circumstances. Then again I am a keeper I have a different veiw on the ways things should be done than the ordinary outfeild man
If he had of pulled out it may have been worse e. G gone slower missed the ball and just caught the man. The thing I see is if you don't give it your all and pull out you often hurt yourself more
Ranndino (Barcelona) 1 year ago
It was definitely a reckless challenge. You don't fly into a man's feet from 5 meters away like that. Had Gerrard been on the end of that he'd be the first to jump up swinging
Sexyted (Barcelona) 1 year ago
That tackle at 60th munite should have a penalty for norway, england player clearly triped the other player when the england player was on the ground
CalumLUFC 1 year ago
Don't care if we play like this all tournament aslong as we are winning
Mancunio (Manchester United) 1 year ago
England are just an average team, and they have been for many years.
They never dominate and have no flare.

It doesn't matter if this is a second choice team or not, lower your expectations
And you won't be disappointed
CenturyJunir0 (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Haha, I laughed when the guy went off limping. YNWA Stevie!
St1or (Barcelona) 1 year ago
That's sad...
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 1 year ago
No that's liverpool
St1or (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Lol 1-8-2-0 formatino.... Haven't seen that before
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Well we hoped we wouldn't have to see it again....
Smitty29 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Chelsea used it against you guys and Bayern in the champions league! I personally enjoy the 8-1-1 formation more
Vishal024 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Not exactly the most thrilling of matches. Wish Norway had been more imaginative when in possession of the ball. Gerrard needs to remember that he's not playing in the Prem, that sort of challenge is unacceptable in a trivial friendly match
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 1 year ago
Gerrard take it easy man, this a friendly match
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Lol his tackle was clean and impeccable
Steringar (Fulham) 1 year ago
What's with the Gerrard tackle bashing? It was a tackle, first on the ball, all ball, get over it. Can't stand what is becoming of football. Even the rules advantage richer teams. Richer teams have more technical players, and if smaller teams can't even get a tackle in, how on earth are they supposed to win if they can't get a foot in? It's hard enough with all the divers out there.

As for England, you have to be a sucker for punishment to watch them (I guess I am....). So disappointing.
But I do have one question. How is it that Liverpool (even Liverpool fans would admit they have a terrible team) that have had a dismal season, have so many players on the team? Downing and most of all Henderson? Henderson hardly plays for Liverpool!
As much as I understand the Carrol inclusion, Downing, Henderson, Johnson? Gaffer bias. On the other hand, Man UTD (haven't been great but still....), no Rio, no Carrick.... But Jones who hasn't even been playing recently besides the city game in which he was probably the worst player on the pitch.... I dunno. Gaffer knows more about football that I do, but I just don't get it. I miss Gazza
Ranndino (Barcelona) 1 year ago
The inclusion of a lot of Liverpool players is simply a testament to how slim the pickings for England are

Kick4Life - changing lives through football