ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Iskoliko (Manchester United) 2 years ago
England is playin like Chelsea. Anti-football. Unsurprising
SrpskiCevap (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Anti-football, lol
Jerrold777 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Not everybody can play non-anti-football.... Haha
Naki77 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I watched part of the match and it was one of the most boring friendlies. Very slow game and the same big ball which they didn't get to make the most out of, as usual. Lots of work to be done.

Yes I am talking about England
Cali86 2 years ago
Who in their right mind would put green over joe hart.... Puzzling...
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yeah, thought I saw De Gea at the beginning of United's season in net today.... So shaky
REDDevil98 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It's a Friendly so they don't want to risk their key player to injuries
They had jagielka out there too, and he's not on the 23 man roster headed to 2012. It's better to not have their players injured before the tournament starts!
KrazyMallu (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Better to give Green some playing time now, so if the unthinkable happens and Joe Hart gets injured, at least he comes in having had playing time
BoleynGhost (West Ham United) 2 years ago
Green is an excellent ´keeper. Not as good as Hart but easily England´s 2nd best ´keeper. He has a reputation as an error prone ´keeper. Yet that is all because of 1 ONE mistake against the USA. Admitedly it was an awful mistake, but I´ve never seen him make another like that since he´s been at west ham in 6 years. I think Capello was partly responsible for Green´s poor performance against the USA by not picking his 1st choice until minutes before the game. Green had an excellent season with West Ham and without him we probably wouldn´t have made the play offs
Butters (Manchester United) 2 years ago
First half was alright second half it was all norway! Acceptable result, really hope they do better though in the euros!
Deepu7 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wtf is hodgson doing? Downing shouldn't even make the list of 22.... He might do well against minnows.... But against stronger opposition he's gonna' fade out.... You won't even find him with a gps.... Why is kelly in the team? Why not richards? .... And henderson.... Even liverpool fans would admit he's a waste.... Half the liverpool team is in the squad.... I don't know why.... Good thing is england have decent fullbacks.... Baines or cole.... And jones or johnson...
Damn, I thought Richards made the squad! The guy is a really good player, and is better than Glen Johnson.

As for Downing, he is only in their because he has started the last few games for England and other than Ashley Young, he has more assists for England than other players in the squad. That being said though, he should be there on merit of his league form, which is nothing short of a disgrace. £16-£20m and no assists and no goals. Don't say he was unlucky because he hit the post 5 times, it doesn't make up for the fact he sucked this season
Wildman17 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
1. Thank god for ashley cole, I think along with rooney and maybe walcott he's a player with real 'touch' and skill lacking in many england players
2. I always wonder who england play for, as in, if you watch any team play they have a strategy to get a goal and usually a man who the team works for and comes through, ex: barca have possession+messi, Man UTD quick passes/wing play+rooney, arsenal passing+van persie, germany fast movement+klose, etc etc. Every great team have it, but when england play, its as if the guys don't even know each other and the coach tells them "go out and play"
I just think they need to figure how and who(rooney ) they want to score for them and work for that, and then throughout the course of the game a guy like gerard can blast one home
Good observation, I found that england look great at times, but don't have the fluidity of other national teams
PassivityKills (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Not sure how Gerrard got away without a yellow card, he went in hard, took out the man, and didn't get the ball. Hopefully when England are full strength (have Rooney and a couple players from the Blues back) they'll look better. Didn't look good at all in this match
YeOlFaithful (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He clearly got the ball...
Thepredestrian (Arsenal) 2 years ago
For all their high quality of living, Norway couldn't even score a goal!
CalumLUFC 2 years ago
I didn't realise there was a correlation between living standards and the quality of your national football team.

By that logic it would be a shock every time Brazil scored....

"How are Brazil managing to score when they have such poor living standards? Preposterous!"
KeviUnited (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Gerrard with that good old liverpoo tackle lol
[account-removed] 2 years ago
How bad was Phil Jones and Downing?      Utter s**t
Vika09 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Even as a United supporter, I must say that Gerrard tackle was brilliant.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Got the ball fully, one footed, studs not fully showing - it was the momentum that got the player
Yzh2205 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Can that consider as a dangerous tackle? Cause the player is clearing the ball, not dribbling
I agree with you Vika09, I was applauding that tackle as soon as he made it. But in today's world, they trying to over protect the players and if he made that tackle in the Euros, he could get booked, even worse sent off. Just better to stay on your feet, especially since the Norwegian player is in his own half
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
Plus it was a friendly, f*****g stupid challenge
Venusboy (Liverpool) 2 years ago
With the presence of Gerrard, England was well in control of the game. England needs one or two committed players like him to perform at big levels. Hope Gerrard can lift England to victory in the coming Games
Suprotim21 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Young plays pretty good down the center. I reckon he should play there more more often for United with Nani and potentially Hazard on the left wing.
[account-removed] 2 years ago
Hazard to chelsea
Filippo07 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hazard to United : ]  
HSMMMM (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Why Hazard when Valencia is there? When he's in full form he's very difficult to contain on the right hand side. Nani can play on the left, while Young can be played in the whole behind the golden boy
BuddhaNpl (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Where is rooney? /
They chose not to play him because he is suspended for the first two games at the Euros, so they trying to see how Carroll up front; hopefully Welbeck gets fit
Metsuri (Everton) 2 years ago
Hopefully Hodgson realizes to call Grant Holt
Good point. He could have used this friendly to try out new guys and then name his squad today like other countries

Kick4Life - changing lives through football