Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Ukraine, Sep 11
DrakWlakers (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Great performance by No. 3 team in the world
Vitaliy166 (FC Shakhtar Donetsk) 2 years ago
Remember this that ukraine meets england in a years time, so what that means is enlgand have a bit harder schedual that we do, and the game vs poland will decide wheather its a two horse race or a three horse race for a top spot in the group
Madhavan (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Please Fire Roy Hodgson for England's sake!
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Yeah, just look to Liverpool and learn.... Ridiculous!
Paulsito (Arsenal) 2 years ago
He has improved England, credit to him. I think he will do a good job
Plaggz (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Surprised we didn't lost by more!
Arahant7 2 years ago
England need a manager who can kick some players' butts. Many players and especially Chamberlain looked somewhat disinterested
Dustdevils (Manchester United) 2 years ago
A sir alex ferguson in his younger days would give em all scars on da face
SuperMonkeyBalz (Manchester United) 2 years ago
No I'm pretty sure he'd tear them into shreds even at his age now. Perhaps with far more vigor than 20 years ago
Miks1986 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
I won't go as far as saying england played rubbish, but there were more so unlucky than anything, to me they played well with out some key players or a key player.

And the refing was a bit biased some of the yellow cards were unwarranted
[account-removed] 2 years ago
To all the england 'fans' slating players like cleverley, the ox and anyone else who puts on an england shirt that is very young, seriously chose another sport to support, we do not need you. How dare you slate off a young man who is very young? He will make mistakes but he is young enough to learn from them. Instead of bashing him you should support him so that every time he puts on that england jersey he feels pride and wants to play for you. Why should he try when every little mistake is magnified and he is ripped apart from the media and 'fans'? The germans wouldnt do this, the spanish wouldnt do this and look where they are now
Paulsito (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Well said!
Armsred (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Cleverly was s**t...
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
So was Gerrard
Mosby (Barcelona) 2 years ago
So was the rest of the English team
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
I'd like to nominate Defoe's strike for goal of the week!
Wasn't a goal.... Kinda like our Ghost goal eh?
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 2 years ago
Ukraine unlucky could have won it but without quality player up front like Shevshenko, very poor in front of goal
Superfanof (Manchester United) 2 years ago
What a goal from ukraine
Shishir7290 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
This was more of the England we know after the 5-0 high in Moldova. Really poor performance. With tricky trips to Poland and Ukraine coming up, England need to step up their game. The younger players will learn from this. Unlucky in some respect after Defoe had a perfect goal ruled out.
Btw: Hodgson's face after the Lampard goal was like a rapist...
Fynkymonster (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Failure to convert chances into goals cost us again. I said after the Moldova game, where Defoe should have had a hattrick in the first 10 mins and England should have won 8 or 9-0 or more, better teams will punish you for that. Taking away Defoe's "goal" (people can't agree if it was a foul or not, IMO if he had pushed him away on his chest its not, but he pushed him away by the throat and that makes it a foul) Cleverley should have had a hattrick, Welbeck hitting a post from 5 yards out. That is 4 goals right there and the game is completely different. The problem is, there is nothing to "learn" from there. The chances were made and missed. You can't expect to miss that many and not get punished. Cleverley is a young player, but he should be gaining his experience by playing for Man Utd every week, rather than for England once a month. My little sister could have played in England midfield against Moldova, that is how poor they were, but against Ukraine he went missing too many times and gave away too many unnecessary fouls. Should have been on the bench and Carrick in there instead
Vitaliy166 (FC Shakhtar Donetsk) 2 years ago
You counting that from whole game, but frankly you don't know what would have happened if cleverly scored cause if yould have been a totaly different game, so just saying they should have scored 4 doesn't really mean anything because like I said if they would have taken the lead first they would have been playing more defensively
Ajaxgooner (Ajax) 2 years ago
Damn ukraine missed a lot of chances and then score a sick goal. Cleverly's miss was pretty bad too!
Nutcracker (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Does no one find Ukraine's buildup to their goal utterly freaking hilarious!?
How? The fact that they were the better team.... Again?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football