Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Ukraine, Jun 19
Sicilianjoe (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Ukraine were robbed
Oddshot (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
The pass was offside to begin with. He never should have had the opportunity to score
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Apparently it was an offside and a goal! He should have got a goal imo
Robbomorgs (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Exactly what were they robbed of? A draw and they were still knocked out?
They were robbed of one goal imo!
Kisho (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lets make this clear. The goal was a goal! BUT IT WAS offside. Even if it waqs a goal, it would not make a difference to the table!
In all honesty I it had been allowed as a goal, despite it being offside, Ukraine probably would have run away with the game the way they were playing. We always seem to invite far too much pressure onto ourselves
In all honesty, even if Ukraine got that goal it probably wouldn't have changed much -- but imo it still was a goal!
It was offside...
And the offside was not called!
Neither was the goal
But it still was a goal
Aceed (Arsenal) 2 years ago
'and the goal was not called!'
Yeah, and I think the goal should have been called imo it was a goal!
Texasrover (Blackburn Rovers) 2 years ago
A few things:

If john terry was wearing any color boot other than white, I think the line ref would have called it. From the camera angle, we're seeing it from above. From his height, he would have seen only white, and nothing else to break that little space. He couldn't have given it.

Second, he should have been a little farther to the right. He's on the left side of the by-line, therefore not being perfectly even. Just another arguement for hockey-style goal technology. Ridiculous really that it hasn't happened yet.

Third. Offsides and it pisses me off more that this was missed. Something the line judges have been paid to do for years and years. And it was an EASY call!

AND! They missed the offsides call just before that play which almost ended in a goal for Ukraine! Argh!
Yeah, imo it was a goal, and it was an offside! These refs are great!
Silva921 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Exactly
Yeah, it was a goal, exactly!
Texasrover (Blackburn Rovers) 2 years ago
And another thing. That deserved to be a non-goal simply by the absolutely incredible play that john terry made. Do you have any idea how hard that is to do?!
I think that deserved to be a goal simply because the ref apparently missed at least two calls!
XXZarghamXx (Manchester United) 2 years ago
England vs Sweden High Quality english Highlights - Link: www.myspace.com/588174504/videos/video/108798040...
Cassano18 (AS Bari) 2 years ago
Ukraine played a good game, England were predictable going forward but reasonably solid at the back. Clearly the ball crossed the line but it was offside so the right decision was made for the wrong reason. Avoiding Spain could be massive for England, although the likes of Cassano and Pirlo still have the quality to pick the lock. Playing in Kiev rather than Donetsk may be helpful too.

Roy Hodgson deserves credit for what he's done so far with virtually no time at all, even if he loses to Italy he's still matched the performance of recent England managers. As for him 'killing football' with negativity, his job is to get results for England, not to entertain the masses
Disagree! Offside was not called, anything that happens afterward counts -- and the man scored a goal! Should have counted imo...
Aceed (Arsenal) 2 years ago
So a ref not calling offside is fine?

So a striker consciously cheating by standing behind a defender is somehow justified verses a defender getting back and just missing his clearance by 50cm? Wow, screwed up principles you believe in
Didn't say anything about what you said.... Make up your own mind, you are intelligent -- you don't need my permission!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
For all doubters. UEFA Quote: UEFA chief refereeing officer Pierluigi Collina has admitted that Ukraine were wrongly denied a goal in their 1-0 defeat against England.

No mention of an offside. Wrong call was made 100%
Oh dayuum, looks like I was right -- what do I get!?
You get to be safe in the knowledge that the standard of refereeing in this tournament is of an abysmal standard
Ahh, I may have got that anyway!    It's not the first blunder by uefa
OBIsquare (AC Milan) 2 years ago
So happy for England. They finally have the right captain in Gerrard and a manager that knows how to coordinate team chemistry. Sad for your the Ukraine though. They had a fantastic showing
Unmessievable (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Well ukraine you felt the pain of not havn goaline technology.... Really sucks.... Especially in such important matches
PrestigiousG (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I don't understand why people are hating on England...
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well, England got through, and did well to get the victory. Gerrard and Parker are clearly one of the better England players on the field, Gerrard's crosses and commitment was excellent, Parker's defence was great too. Milner and Young though are poor, and Rooney was lacking in match fitness and sharpness, but he did well to poach the goal, and now that he's back, I'm sure that he'll do better against Italy.

In regards to the goal that was not allowed, on one hand, yes it should've been called (although it's hard to judge from above on the basis of Terry wearing white boots) but it does look like it crossed the line, and should've been a goal. On the other hand, two things - one, England will feel redemption after Lampard's goal against Germany 2 years ago was wrongly disallowed, and two, the striker was offside anyway. Whatever the case, no matter how much we argue the point, the goal wasn't allowed, and no amount of arguing is going to change that result.

Well done England, here's hoping you beat the Italians as well
Radion (FC Dynamo Kyiv) 2 years ago
I am proud of my country and my team!
We are out but I believe a future is bright for this young and ambitious team.
Whether there was goal or an offside, that's history. Now, best of luck mates! No bad feelings.
I hope those of you who came are enjoying it and destroying the misconceptions about Ukraine (racism, gangs and other sh*t there was in the media)
I am only sad because Sheva has finished his career! He will have one last friendly to say goodbye...
CFLNHLFIFAFAN (Chelsea) 2 years ago
This was a real fortunate real for England. Rooney comes back and scores and the manage to get the 3 points and advance. But really fortunate goal that Ukraine goalie just screwed up and he was there. But its tough to see Ukraine fall out of tournament like this, really too bad. They looked really like they wanted to do it best they can. With win vs Sweden and everything. Then this very close game with many chances that just wouldn't go in and then the very unfortunate goal that wasn't allowed. This is the last of many wake up calls. They need goal line technology next seasons and tournaments, this was close but they need to get it and stop controversy now! Its not that hard!
Della (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Andy Carrol was s**t, the worst center forward ever, leaving Defoe in the bench for this guy was a pure joke

Kick4Life - changing lives through football