Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Ukraine, Jun 19
MAWTH (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Over a half hour of boring
Rangzw (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Think England just played their second to last game of EURO 2012 I'm afraid.... They will be lucky to get through next game  
HELLSAMMAS (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Steeeeeeeeeveen geeerrrrarrrd! Supporting England all the way from the land of Oz. As well as Ukraine played, they're two best chances were actually offside and England could've easily had a penalty for that shirt pull on Rooney, absolute foul (you can see in the replay the Ukranian player was completely beat without it, momentum was carrying him foward). Plus Cole and Rooney had really good chances which probaly should've been goals. So maybe England were'nt as lucky as people think but they definately have room to improve. At the end of the day though this is Tournament Football and only the result matters really and Enlgand march on!
Here's hoping they send the Italians running back to their Mama's, I just wish that diving con artist Fabio Grosso was still around to be a part of it!
Hansjoachim (Everton) 2 years ago
Well England definitely got their luck back from that time the ball went over the line against Germany in the 2010 World Cup plus more. Ukraine were the much better team. I don't think England deserved to go through
Kain (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hehe ukraine still complaining that ball crossed the line when john terry cleared it off the line maan it was close shave afterall
Viscabarca123 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Did gerrard just do a step over?
Viscabarca123 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
He's been brilliant in this tournoment
[account-removed] 2 years ago
A pleasant surprise. He stepped up when england needed him to. Good on him
Come510 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Lucky England but who cares.... England are going into the quarter finals even if they got a draw.... -_-
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Blame it on the england's coach, I still can't comprehend many of his weird and ridiculous decisions.... Even if england win the cup, I will still want him to resign from coaching england to show some respect to football
People like you should not be able to say that you are football fans.
It is the coaches decision to take who he wants to the tournament not yours and not mine. He has a gameplan and he brought in the players he believed suited it, and wow will you look at that england are top of their group.
And what do you want england to do? Play like spain? They don't have the players to do that so hodgson designs his gameplan to suit the players.
And what you think defending isn't a part of football? Saving a goal is just as important as scoring. So please shut the f***k up. Football is not only played one way
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 2 years ago
No it's not about defending, it's about how he decided to play j henderson in the first match rather than walcott and his decision of including martin kelly, downing and caroll rather than the more deserved players like ferdinand or micah richards.... He is just simply too biased towards liverpool and that's just not right...
PrestigiousG (Manchester United) 2 years ago
He's "biased" towards liverpool to build the team around Gerrard.... Oh and the way he used walcott was amazing; the swedish defence was too tired to handle him at that point of the game
XXZarghamXx (Manchester United) 2 years ago
England vs Sweden High Quality english Highlights - Link: www.myspace.com/588174504/videos/video/108798040...
Vivastpauli (FC Sankt Pauli) 2 years ago
That almost goal being offside doesn't make the poor decision by the line-ref any less ridiculous. :/ For what else are they gettig paid for then? Still nice to see England advance, hoping for a fabulous semi against Germany.
The ball crossed the line which makes you wonder why the ref is even employed behind the goal when its his only job to determine something like that
Then you realize the player was offside in the first place and you wonder how the linesman didn't see that. I am in favour of giving refs the benefit of the doubt on close calls as they are humans, see it from different angles on the pitch and don't get to see replays. But sometimes I honestly wonder if refs are getting worse or just need glasses
Atrixer (Norwich City) 2 years ago
Say what you want about England, bring all the hate in the world. The same hate was not given to Germany when England should of had a goal. The difference here however is that the Ukrainian 'goal' was offside - whether the ball crossed the line or not is irrelevant, but for the record, it did. Insult how England play all you want, but they went against a team with everything to play for, hosting Europe's biggest sporting event and a massive home crowd, and beat them - FAIR AND square. There is a passion about England which you don't get from other teams.... You see Parker taking knees to the head, footballs to the face.... Trying to tackle with his head.... He doesn't bitch and whine and roll around like the Ukrainian players did. Are a slight tap, that's something I will always be proud of in England, our players are tough and don't act like pansies. Say what you will about John Terry, he plays football with broken bones and sings the national anthem with all his lungs. That's international football and passion, not Ronaldo scoring the odd wonder goal and crying like a bitch when he gets tapped or poked
Robbomorgs (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
Well said compatriot
And to top that off, we won the group. It doesn't matter of England win or lose I will still support them. There are far too many international fans who will immediately call their team s**t, or lose all support and call them lucky simply because they don't come first in major tournaments. At the end of the day, England are not s**t, but there are simply better teams. To all you fans of currently successfully teams, just look at the way your country's fans react to losses and poor periods in their football history, how about when England hammered Germany 5-1 in 2002? Football is full of too many hypocrites and ignorant glory hunters
Gireaux (Bayern München) 2 years ago
I don't disagree with what you write, Atrixer, but you also have to see a different aspect of the picture, which is that England once again refused to be an active part of the match for 80 of the 90 minutes. This may not bother you as an Englishman. I guess the rest of us just hope that this is not the future of football
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I'm lazy

Maybe, I dunno, there was no one to call Lampard's goal imo.... Def can't expect the ref to know or make that call! Yet somehow one did in 1966....

Obviously no one learned from the past, but at least we do have more refs to watch
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Ye your right it was offside. I guess many were rooting for the underdogs and hosts. It is sad to see both Ukraine and Poland go out. They deserved more imho.
We still need technology in football. Something like is done in american football. The coaches get a yellow flag, which they can throw on the pitch to challenge a decision. Then it goes to reviewing the videos (finally the 4th referee will have something to do as well).
But they can only throw it once per game (if their challenge is incorrect, else they get the flag back) as to not stop the flow of the game. And of course the game continues normally until the referee decides there is time to stop it to review the call
Yeah the offside call was missed, bad ref! Also bad ref for not realizing that a goal was scored LOL, which I thought he was paid to do!
Aceed (Arsenal) 2 years ago
The ENG vs Belgium game had goal-line technology. There are various systems out there, it's just the people who make decisions aren't forward thinking enough. This non-registering ukraine goal probably caused a pantomime in the media
Yeah and rightfully so! It was a goal imo
If I had it my way I'd have liked to have seen Ukraine go further, but they had a difficult group
I would have liked Ukraine not even to make it this far.... But they did, and they scored at least one goal that didn't count!

Edit, jk.... But imo the goal should have stood.... Obviously a goal is a goal; and this was a goal!
Aceed (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Oh man Jon1979 you're a troll
Oh man Aceed, you are a troll
Robbomorgs (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
I'm a little confused as to why everyone is saying england were lucky the 'Goal that should have been a goal but was offside' was ruled out. We still would have finished top of the group with that result, we beat sweden with three solid goals (theirs were sloppy and set pieces) and France got their ass beat by the Swedes. Russia just slaughtered italy not too long ago, England go in as favourites in my opinion for the quarter final
England is looking good, imo it will be Portugal vs England in the final!
Yes Jon that seems very likely. Spain, Italy and Germany will ofc. Have no chance to beat England or Portugal. They are just faaaar toooo good....
That is also the reason they win every other tournament and Spain, Italy and Germany do not....
I go by recent form, not by past history of winning tournaments -- us vs eng it is!
Recent form? Recent FORM? Any english here no matter how much they'd love seeing England win it all will tell you that the recent form of their team has been better to put it mildly
The heck are you talking about, you do realize England won their group right!?
2halves (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Some groups were harder than others. I'd say England had a pretty easy group.    However, I doubt it will be an easy game for Italy.
As did Spain, as did Germany (the so called group of death, eliminating Holland). And Italy were impressive vs Spain. We are talking about the title here. Rather you were talking about the title
Dunno what we were talking about, cause I'm too lazy to read your comments but ya I still think it will be England vs Portugal in the final!
Jepc92003 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Haha you must be dreaming boy, it prolly gng be Germany vs. Spain as everyone is thinking, if you bet your life on Portugal you might as well kill urself even if I'm not encouraging lol
Reventon (Barcelona) 2 years ago
What a dumb ass
Lololol chill....    I'm allowed to have my opinion -- and it's Portugal vs England....
KidultHood (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Italy will beat England, Italy all the way!
Other way around

Kick4Life - changing lives through football