Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Ukraine, Jun 19
Matt612346 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Players that shouldn't start, young, milner.

Carroll center, welbeck on left or right of him and rooney behind them. Start Ox already jesus f-ing christ ashley young is pathetic! Left wing Ox, right wing walcott b/c of his speed, gerrard/parker, cole, terry, lescott, johnson, hart
Maaza (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Barracuda (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Watching spain?
Sedany (Barcelona) 1 year ago
This Euro campain sucks. The refs, Uefa and their 15yrs backward thots....  
Palandiell (Bayern München) 1 year ago
Really didn't care who would go on, but after that game, wished ukraine would have made it.

Really didn't like how england played. This is how you want to win the euro Mr Hodgson? A lucky punch and a goal that was not given?

Really bad from England.... Dissappointed from em
Quickemart (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Well I read everywhere that England has zero chances to survive the group stage and now they got 7 points and the first place.... So lets argue with the fact that there are only 3 games left you have to pass to be the champion
DarkenLFCBarca (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Steven Gerard the captain fantastic is Pure Class.
He is the heart of England! 3 assists from him, England get 3 goals.... Without Stevie G & Joe Hart, England would probably be eliminated.... Lolz

Poor display by Ashley Young & Milner, why hodgson don't start walcott & Chamberlain?
Nlst89 (RSC Anderlecht) 1 year ago
Walcott is injured.... And under roy hodgon England have been playing exceptionally poor...
Maaza (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Downing should start !
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 1 year ago
What goes around indeed comes around!

We were robbed off a goal against Germany which could have made the scoreline 2-2 at that moment in WC10....

And now Ukraine were robbed.... Finally lady luck smiling towards England....
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
We were robbed half a century ago, it evened out in 2010. Now it's Ukranias turn to get something back
Like in some other comments:

Its not a robbery because it was an offside foul at first....

Still rooting for some technology changes, that should have been invented already 10 years
And I hate the fact that the germans always dig out the fact that they got betrayed in 1966, you can´t punish the players two generations later, that's like when I still judge you for something that happened in WW 2

And most important in 2010 we had the technology to find out easily it was a goal, and this time it was an easy to see Offside
Amicodinessuno (Inter Milan) 1 year ago
Yeah fair enough.... The english had some bad decisions against them in the past but their star has been won around some circumstances
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 1 year ago
@Quickemart read his comment again. He is saying it evens out eventually, even if it takes some time.
2010 was when 1966 evened out for Germany vs England. And the ukraine might get a crucial decision for them in another tournament.
No need to get straight back to ww2.... We don't dig out your era of Imperialism all the time either do we?
Or in other words don't menschion ZE wwarrr
Aceed (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Well England and Ukraine are in the same 2014 qualifying group.
Piza (Werder Bremen) 1 year ago
Another shitty game. When will this EURO start to be exciting?  Poor performance by England - enough said
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 1 year ago
Sigh, and ironically there hasn't been a single 0-0 draw. But with these 'high-quality' referees, I'M sure even a great performance could ultimately count for nothing
Albokk (Juventus) 1 year ago
Euro has been very existing what where you watching?
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Good games so far (as in entertaining to watch):

Russia - Czech Republic
Germany - Netherlands
Denmark - Portugal
Portugal - Netherlands
Italy - Spain
Croatia - Ireland
Spain - Ireland
Sweden - Ukraine
Sweden - England
France - Ukraine

That's quite a few matches, all with at least two and up to five goals in them. Arguably, some others were decent as well. And like Ed said, not a single 0-0 during the entire group stages. What do you expect, 6-6's and 7-1's?
Kain (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Lol a poor performance from england.... Wtf. Are you tlkng about, that's all we can do to get to the QF's. There will be exciting matches at the euros so don't watch our national team play -. -
MacGillycuddy (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Everyone ranting about the goal not given, when it shouldnt have happened anyway as it was clear offside beforehand. If the goal was given, it would have been unfair. So 2 ref mistakes make a right
Barracuda (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Yeah mate, its convenient that others choose to ignore the offside and only focus on the goal line incident
AceAhmed29 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Few things England will need to improve on in the quarter finals, Ball retention is one of them, I feel at times the players specially when going forward they rush things and give the ball away too easy. They need to be a bit more creative going forward too. But hey I won't take anything away from the team, knowing that everyone believed we wouldnt qualify and make it out. Also, one more thing is it me or does rooney make the team look like the world cup 2010 team that had no spirit, 'cause I thought they were a lot better going forward against sweden. Just a thought!
Arahant7 1 year ago
Creative going forward? Sorry but that's not how england play
Komeni (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Stop complaining about the the goal. Yes it crossed the line, the lines man needs an eye surgery whatever. England had refereeing decisions that went against them so now we take some of that back

Although they MUST play better against italy for sure
Aceed (Arsenal) 1 year ago
It was justified that it didn't get counted, as it was an offside goal. Should have just been a goal kick. Neither got picked up by the ref, so in my eyes it cancelled out.

You can't say Ukraine had the goal because it was offside and you can't say england saved it because it went over the line. Both ref errors, just imagine what everyone would be saying if it did count and wasn't marked as offside
Jaggura (Hertha BSC) 1 year ago
Great effort by the Ukrainian team! I'm sorry, that didn't pay off.
England on the other hand need to improve. With another performance like that, they'll be destroyed by Italy. Which I don't want. I don't want Germany to face Italy in the Semis...
Footyxi (Manchester United) 1 year ago
It's not a goal because it was offside anyway! Funny and a bit pathetic that nearly everyone forgets to mention that
[account-removed] 1 year ago
I did mention that but nobody gives a sht
MauSchmelzer (Botafogo Rio Janeiro) 1 year ago
Gerrard is being outstanding for England
Aboo (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Okai to start with the good side, Rooney is back, Gerrard in form, but, a 1-0 lucky win against a weak team such as Ukraine is just bad news for England. Italy are a really stronger side, & if Englad don't step up their game, well I guess its 'Bye Bye' for them
Ilikeairports (Barcelona) 1 year ago
- England deserve to go through if mostly based on their defensive performance against France and their attacking performance against Sweden. I must say, no hating intended, that as a neutral I'm not really enjoying watching them so far. Gerrard has been very decent (their best player so far for me) and Rooney, well, good for him. The kind of football they play I guess plays to their strengths so Hodgson is doing a good job too as far as I can see. But at the same time it makes this side look limited. Decent defending seems to come at the price of a very conservative approach in the creative department, with several safety nets at the back that result in large gaps up front; hence lots of long balls and crosses which is ok, but I think might not cut it against Italy. Gonna' be an interesting match. I think England will need to step it up....

-.... Particularly from this game. Lucky goal for Rooney, lucky clearance behind the line from Terry (though to be fair, the refs also failed to register an offside leading into that). Generally the Ukrainians had a good first half. They surprised England with that screw-symmetry-hail-Mary approach to attacking which was such an extraordinary way to go at it that I think it would have deserved a goal. The phantom equalizer sapped their spirits after a very competitive hour.

- Shame both hosts are out. Not like I'm a fan, it's just that it's always good for the atmosphere of a tournament if at least one of them qualifies.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football