Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Ukraine, Jun 19
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I watched THE FULL GAME AND three things AM GLAD happenend

1. Rooney's Goal: Though his performance wasn't the best, we can all agree him scoring a goal was loooong overdue! A lot of people where already waiting with stones and nails to persecute him if he didn't score, since there was a debate as to wheather he should just 'waltz' back into the squad after a red card! Of course he should, he's rooney!

2. England Finishing Top of Group D: This means they don't have to meet Spain, phew!

3. No call for Ball going over the Line: I mean you can't blame the ref or anybody, blame Blatter for not giving the go ahead on goal line techonology and besides, this makes up for Frank Lampard's goal at the 2010 world cup that went over the line but wasn't allowed, hey! Who says life isn't fair!
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I thought Lampard's goal made up for 1966!    Wonder if it's possible to blame that on blatter somehow!?
Blatter is always to Blame! For everything!
Lolol    Ya, even for clueless football fans!
ROSSON3RI (AC Milan) 2 years ago
WOW England are very fortunate that the goal was not allowed. England did NOT dominate this game at all. Italy will put them in their place. Forza italia
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yeah, fairly or the usual cash incentive? Forget italia cheats.
Albokk (Juventus) 2 years ago
^ moron
ROSSON3RI (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Italia does not cheat. Yes maybe there were and are some scandals going on regarding match fixing in the serie A. But how could Italia cheat in a major tournament? As a matter of fact its England who seems to be "cheating" or fixing games with so many calls going their way, when they clearly shouldn't. Its OK man. England SUCK, they didn't even make it to Euro 2008.... And when was the last time they won a World Cup? .... Where you even alive hearditbefore? Probably NOT
Danny88 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Gerrards playing awesome so far
BenHall2K9 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Seems to me that not everybody knows the rules.... People that are saying it was a goal, go read a rule book, because the build up play was offside so even though the ball DID cross the line, no goal should of been given, as a matter of fact, that wasn't the only offside the linesman didn't call. England won fairly, not with the refs help
Spainrule (Valencia) 2 years ago
What happened previously is irrelevant. Once a ref has missed a call (such as that offside) the play continues and what comes after should be refereed properly. Had the ref seen it was a goal and called it that would have been a good call, despite the missed offside call. One error doesn't automatically cancel out the other
Elassjay (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Thing is, the ref didn't stop the play for the offside, which meant he didn't think/didn't know it was offside. The linesman didn't flag it as well.

Your argument is like saying there was foul in the buildup play and the referee waved play on and the end result was a goal but the referee, after the goal, decided he should cancel it because there was a foul beforehand. And I don't think that's a valid one.

The goal line linesman was there to spot balls that crossed the line/fouls in the box, but from what I see in this competition they were horrible additions. They barely did their jobs in every match
Spainrule, no it isn't irrelevant at all, if the ref would of called the offside like he should of done then there never would of been any of this argument over weather it did or didn't cross the line, which it did but the fact that the goal was waved away was fair.... Elassjay, it isn't at all like saying that, if there was a foul in the build up play then the ref should call it, and if the ball does cross the line and the ref doesn't see it then it would still be fair because the chance never should of stood.... All I'm going to say is if the boot was on the other foot, you'd have the exact same opinion as me
Spainrule (Valencia) 2 years ago
If it was against Spain it's true I would be the first to say it doesn't count hahah, but looking from a neutral perspective I still think it's a missed call. However it's true that had it been counted as a goal all the english fans would complain about the offside (also a missed call).... So yeah, quite the mess
Leoshrestha, you sir are a complete twat, a blind one at that. Are you seriously telling me that the player was onside? Watch it again you scrotum, the goal should not have stood because there never should of been a shot due to the offside, and I could see that the linesman didn't wave his flag, that's what's got this whole debate going you tosser.... Don't start with the whole internet hard man thing, it really doesn't do anybody any favours so shut up and watch the highlights again
Apparently there was more than one missed call! Maybe we can blame all of this on Blatter somehow!?    Edit, btw I blame uefa
Critic135 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Lets argue here cos maybe the scoreline can be changed.... Just maybe
Robbomorgs (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
@spainrule you have just contradicted yourself, if the previous passage of play is irrelevant because the referee missed it; then so is the GOAL that the referee missed.... Douchebag
Auron777 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Well actually Giggs was offside when Rooney scored the 1st goal for MU in Wembley final last year
I am vouching for England all the way to the end, but putting all my emotions aside, I have to honestly say Ukraine were far the better side (at least for the whole first half) and this bothers me, as Italy won't be so kind/lenient towards their approach!
There's something about Chelsea defenders! Unpenetratable! Just ask Barcelona!
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 2 years ago
Not a convincing win by England. But a win is a win. If england plays like this against better teams they will lose
Xviian (Newcastle United) 2 years ago
I'm seriously pissed off by Ukraine no. 19 on the left flank. Whole match trying to be the star player, doesn't want to make simple passes to his teammates, and I could see that the other players are playing good passes down on the other side but when it comes to his side, the play just died away. And the overlapping leftback, kept on providing options for him yet he din't want to pass for him to cross the ball but tried those complicated through balls that never succeeded at all
Goal-line Technology? In Sumo wrestling, the ref carries a small knife on his belt to commit suicide if he makes a wrong call on the field. Fifa should learn from the japanese
Mongol99 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Haha that is not true but good one mate
"Furthermore both the top two gyōji carry a short dagger visible in the belt of the outfit. This is supposed to represent the seriousness of the decisions they must make in determining the outcome of a bout, and their preparedness to commit seppuku if they make a mistake. " -Gyōji, in Wikipedia
Duces14 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Do things even out in football?  Question of the day in IMO
XXZarghamXx (Manchester United) 2 years ago
15 minute highlights uploaded by me HQ - Link: www.myspace.com/588174504/videos/19-jun-2012/10879...
Thanks Sean!
EdTheFan (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Thanks, great vid!
Liverpool4Ever (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Great highlights! Kudos to you dude
CenturyJunir0 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Finally I found a good video! Cheers mate!
XXZarghamXx (Manchester United) 2 years ago
No problem guys,    Sweden vs France highlights here - Link: www.myspace.com/588174504/videos/video/108798169...
Ramin85 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
How is it England always somehow involved with the goal line lol
Kilwe 2 years ago
Lucky Eng
Pranav91 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
f**k off we're through, and no spain!
You are not going far though italy is next
I think england will beat italy, the english are in good shape imo!
Jetlifari (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I feel like the England v Italy game could go either way. Should be a fun watch for neutral fans, at least let's hope so
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Bring on the 5 man defence. Should be a good game to watch
This is football so obviously anything can happen but england have been playing poorly and were very lucky against sweden and ukraine. So will see, but I think italy will come on top
Twk80 (Juventus) 2 years ago
Forza Azzurri!
Pranav91 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yeah I'm sure you've paid someone somewhere
HenryK (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Which is uglier, Rooney or his goal?
DrTruth (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Troll, or troll?
SKool (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Troll toll fee
Maaza (Barcelona) 2 years ago
His hair