Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Ukraine, Jun 19
Kingleo (Barcelona) 2 years ago
2 years ago English commentators/media cries for weeks about the goal that should have been against Germany.
Now it's in England's favor "it all evens out" is their response. Lol

Typical English media/commentators.
Hope Italy puts you back in your place on Sunday
Meatball (Arsenal) 2 years ago
To be honest, if it had happened to Spain 2 years ago, they wound be saying the same thing the English are!
[account-removed] 2 years ago
It was a goal and England got lucky. Can't really say they are much better than Ukraine at the moment
Gjfirewallcam (Manchester United) 2 years ago
The ball did cross the line, but the Ukrainian player who received ball from the cross was in offside position
Ray1208 (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
There was an offside at the beginning of the attack.
England-haters can talk all they want, doesn't change the fact that England won fair and square
Zizuthelegend (AC Milan) 2 years ago
@ Kingleo (Get your facts straight before you type)

First:
English media/commentators are always crying win or loose. "Oh he should have used his right foot, why did he not pass the ball, where was he when the ball was passed, oh a terrible mistake by.... On and on. To the point that virus has spread in EA Sports with the two geniuses constant nagging to make the video game boring.

Second:
2 years ago English commentators/media cries for weeks about the goal that should have been against Germany. Man please go and watch the highlight and in particular the goal where gangster "ozil" passed the ball through the legs of ashly cole (or some left back defence) only to reach the middle for a strike to score the 4th goal.

AND the media that time did not get angry at first and I remember very clearly they said that england DID NOT deserve TO GO through AS THEY DID NOT DO anything IN THE second HALF. Germany kept on attacking till the end, if that game went for another 20 min it would be more than 6 goals. England could not contain Ozil and Muller.

Third:
I switched when the commentator said that English media was warning their fans to not fill the street as Ukraine fans would create problems if their team looses. Well the English fans are so kind and humble when they loose a game, more like from a known proverb

"The accused thief yells at the police instead!" (en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black)

Forth:
Best decision of the day to watch France Sweden just in time. Saw gangster Zlatan score the most amazing game of what has been tournament filled with UEFA bad referee decisions to keep a set teams to go through.
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Lol "it evens out" of course it does! Do you have a problem with that?!
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Gotta' love the i-ties, bet they'd love to fix all the games....  
Meatball (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Joe hart saves the day
Rakitskiy should have been a starter for the whole Tourney. Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko = Future stars
100% Goal for Ukraine. England can stop crying now
Hearditbefore (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yes we forgot to fix the game....
JoroMekiq (PFC Botev Plovdiv 1912) 2 years ago
Conspiracy ! UEFA is pushing England
Danny88 (Chelsea) 2 years ago
But the linesman didn't call it offside so if you think about it, if there was a conspiracy the linesman would have given it offside straight away to protect England so that Ukraine never had the goal scoring opportunity in the first place. Therefore your argument is invalid
MJK89 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Goal or not, we still qualify
Gjfirewallcam (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Ref was
- poor b/c the ball did cross the line and failed to catch 2 clear offside by Ukraine
- lucky b/c he disallowed that goal; it was offside first.

The play was offside too before the goal was canceled
Zizuthelegend (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Don't worry england WILL WIN THIS CUP      Oh the English media will keep talking about it until 2014
AdnanBosnia (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I gotta' admit the referees have been appalling this tournament.

Ukraines goal was a goal but it was offside earlier but the problem is referee waved play to go on so I bet you even if he knew it was a goal he didn't alow it because he realised it was an offside earlier. Guys need to mkae up their minds!

Same thing when mandzukic was fouled vs ireland referee didn't stop play and then ireland should have had a penalty and didn't alow it because croatias man was down!.... Make ya f****n mind up!

Also the lack of yellow cards spain and france get is unbelievable!
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Did you watch replays on slow motion? Again and again, on highlights during the game, an hour later, and perhaps going to watch them a day later? The ref saw what happened ONCE and had to think logically and make a decision based on what he saw, within a matter of seconds. That is what they are trained, paid, and love to do.

The argument "don't insult [insert subject] unless you think you can do a better job" is obviously an overstatement and unfair personal attack, but nonetheless there is some truth to it - yes, the ref made a mistake, but given the circumstances he (or any other ref was in), what are we going to expect? Perfectly refereed games?

I'm tempted to just throw things on a landslide of an argument and say "let's just make this 11 robots vs. 11 robots with no referees", but where will these so called "improvements" get us with football? Football is a game by humans, for humans, and if we are to do anything we must accept failure and error.

However, I'm digressing too much: Controversies like this are why fans love football so much. Controversy, controversy, blown call, red card here, red card there, dive every second game, another controversy.... These "blown calls" have been happening - if my history is right - for longer than I have been alive. Regardless of whether or not you're on the end of one of these calls, there is no doubt that they contribute to the balance of the game and ultimately the essence of what is football.

For the record, I'm strongly against goal-line technology. I always have been, ever since it received serious international recognition during the 2010 World Cup.

This is a game. If you lose anything other than celebrating a victory party with friends at the stadium, pub, or at home (in reference to the notorious act of betting), then you have taken things far too seriously. Don't take that personally, it is just a general statement against game-gambling
Katana (FC Porto) 2 years ago
LOL.... Like we didn't know England wasn't going to be helped by Platini...
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
Uefa are so corrupt it's not funny.
There's too much money in football these days.
When money and power get involved, s**t gets corrupt
Goooner04 (Western Sydney Wanderers) 2 years ago
Add: when humans get involved s**t gets corrupt
Spainrule (Valencia) 2 years ago
You're looking way too into it, it's a simple miscall. I remind you the game is taking place in ukraine
Freeyour17 (Manchester City) 2 years ago
If this match draw, england will be at top group with 5 points, and france the second, cause france win against ukraina head to head
So that ukraine goal is useless
Deco20k (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Your comment is useless, no 1 knows how would have ended if that was alowed  
Jon1979 (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
It's a goal, imo the ref made a mistake, really should have went closer.... I think some defenders would admit that was a goal, sucks that it happened to be Terry lol
Cheshire (Manchester United) 2 years ago
As much as I'm not a fan of John Terry's character, he frankly did not get the bird's eye view we got with the cameras, and he'd just have been doing his best to clear it and not know for sure himself.

I don't think you'd find any defender that would just admit that was a goal, because they wouldn't know
Maybe maybe not, I think it's a goal, and the refs should probably do something!
Gabart (CDSC Cruz Azul) 2 years ago
Well I think this is some kind of compensation or reward to England for Lampard's goal against Germany disallowed 2 years ago in South Africa.... Anyway, the english side were better than the ukrainian.... They can beat Italy playing like today
Maaza (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Lol so you think Ukraine is Germany?
Gabart (CDSC Cruz Azul) 2 years ago
Well, I think this is some kind of compensation or reward to England after that goal of Lampard against Germany that was disallowed 2 years ago in South Africa.... Anyway, the english side were better than the ukrainians.... Playing like today, they can beat Italy
Maybe Lampard's disallowed goal was compensation for an English goal that was allowed a long time ago

This is different imo.... 'twas a goal, obviously was in and stayed in; except a defender kicked it out X_X. Lampards bounced in and out on its own!
SoccerJam (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Gabart, hm to be very honest, I think Ukraine where the better side, don't get me wrong, am vouching for England all the way, but the first half, the Ukrainians had a lot of chances and were very hungry for goals!

Jon1979, I guess the cyclic Karma will keep on going till the end of time. Lampard's goal was even clearer than today's! Everybody could see the ball bounce at the back of the net in South Africa that's why it was so proposterous not to have been given, today's own wasn't that obvious, even the third (and apparently useless) referee standing right by the side of the net couldn't make anything of it!
BenHall2K9 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Noooo, this one is different because it was offside
Maybe, I dunno, there was no one to call Lampard's goal imo.... Def can't expect the ref to know or make that call! Yet somehow one did in 1966....

Obviously no one learned from the past, but at least we do have more refs to watch

Kick4Life - changing lives through football