Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V Sweden, Nov 15
Bananaskinz (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Espnsoccernet is claiming barry's goal was an own goal by Daniel Majstorovic. They be trippin, obviously
BenHall2K9 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It WAS an own goal, header was off target and took a deflection, therefor it was an own goal.... It's you that be trippin
Amusedkid (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Jones was out of position way too often
Achiox (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Maybe he's just a midfielder placed in the wrong position.... Just kidding
Lampuiho (Arsenal) 3 years ago
He plays as attacking mid in the match against spain so it's not surprising capello put him in the same position this time
Achiox (Manchester United) 3 years ago
@Phil Jones - I thought United transferred a center back, not a forward? LOL!

Amazing run from the highlights.... Hope he can stop a few of those too!
Mad93 (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What da hell? Zamora as forward?
SuperSpurs (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
With Rooney gone, Capello didn't really have that much option for striker. I would've liked to see Defoe play but then again, I'd be worried for his fitness
Chargui (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Bring Heskey back! That's who you need!
DeathTheKIDD (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Nice joke
Roodee (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Zamora played well
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 3 years ago
Phil Jones definitely has the potential to be a very good midfielder.
He's still young and is still easy to be developed, I hope SAF lets him play more as a mid than center back, just as the case with Bale who turn out to be a better midfielder than a full back
AntiFutbol (Club Tijuana) 3 years ago
Phil Jones is just one of those players that can play anywhere. He has the stamina of a beast and those runs from midfield are just just amazing. His set ups and 1-2 are formidable (thought I haven't seen him finish) A star waiting to rise
Duces14 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Phil jones is an impressive youngster and that's based on his runs from these highlights, cause if you've seen him for man united you'd already have come to this conclusion. I hope he can bring something special to the english team for years to come. Oh and england has now won two in a row something IS wrong LOL kidding kidding
IDmnck (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
After this win. England are unbeaten in 2011. (Haters gonna' hate.)
[account-removed] 3 years ago
Yes but England played only against average sides.
Yes spain is very average in their friendlies. Lost nearly everything and nearly got beaten from Costa Rica.

I remember before the germany - England wc game when the english "experts" (Hansen, Shearer etc.) said that no german player would play in the english team.
Now I would say that noo english player would sit on the german bench

Sassysa (Manchester United) 3 years ago
@ Robbery47, please tell me you're joking, right? Lol

This coming from a big fan of german football, dude Germany defence sucks, and in all honesty, i'd much rather the English defence. And as to your 'average sides' comment, you've got to appreciate the fact that they're improving all the time, and beating spain even in a friendly IS a big deal (just ask your coach)
CalumLUFC 3 years ago
Unbeaten in a year!*
@Sassysa
Yes it was a joke.
But I know no english player (even in defence) who would be better
Boateng Hummels Badstuber Lahm is a solid defence. (3 bayern player)

Yes I remember the super english defence in Blomfontein. One long ball from Neuer and Klose scores. English defence looks solid right now (thanks to capello) but the problem is in midfield and attacking.

England maximum reaches the quarterfinal. This should be a success

Sassysa (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Both your CBs are a bit too shaky. Besides, one goal is just not enough to call off a team's defence; who wouln't like to have such defensive options for their team: (richards, walker), (jagielka, lescott, terry, cahill, smalling, jones), (a. Cole, baines)

Let's be fair, england defence is miles ahead of yours!
"miles ahead" what are you smoking?

The problem is that our defence can stand the pressure in a important match. English players espcially away from england fail under pressure. And defence include goalkeeper and I saw Joe Hart vs Bayern, Villareal how he wasn't able to hold a ball. And he's number 1?
I don't know why but englsih players are much better in home matches.
But pssssst Euro is NOT in England
Tobi89 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Even if we would have a bad defence, we still got neuer in goal!
BerlinerDK (Chelsea) 3 years ago
England is defending strong, because as a team they are defending much more than top teams around the world, so they are in position and defending by numbers.
But when it comes to midfield and attack it is an average team
BenHall2K9 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Tobi89, and England have Hart, and what?
Imnotu (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Well maybe in this tournament, England will have a clear goal ruled counted
ZIDANE0510 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Good game!
Come510 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Good game...
BerlinerDK (Chelsea) 3 years ago
The swedish shirt is on my top 10 as the ugliest shirts of all time!
Mharis (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Wilhemlson lost a great opportunity to equalize in the dying moments. He should pass the ball in to Toivonen. What a crap!
KylePedersen (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Guy would've been offsides
Robin929 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Anders Svensson was a beast!
Kibakun (Manchester United) 3 years ago
No one commentates better than an Englishman
Dicicco8 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well.... I wouldnt know, speaking only english. Some spanish I can make out. Like balon and goooooool....
But I wonder if they ever talk about the technical side of the game like the english do....
IHadYouAll (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Russians and Ukrainian commentators can be drunk and argue with each other. Now that what makes you not to change to other channel.

They also describe technical aspects of the game better when hammered
Lee333 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I don't think Spanish commentators use many adjectives to describe the goals
Socceric (Manchester United) 3 years ago
In response to dicicco, yes they do speak in technical terms. In fact I would say they do more than english commentators. They just love to shout for joy when a goal is scored instead of being dull
Kibakun (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I agree about the goal scoring aspect. It would be nice to see a bit more emotion when someone scores. Just in my opinion, they are really good at creating a well balanced, professional, but exciting feel during the game play
PZPN1989 (Borussia Dortmund) 3 years ago
Great saves by Hart and Carson

Kick4Life - changing lives through football