Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England V San Marino, Oct 12
LaPenna (Manchester United) 1 year ago
England win = "Rofl its just a s**t team lmao noobs lululululul"
England lose/draw "OMG SO s**t can't BEAT SAN marino!@!@!@!"

Can't win...
SoccerLOL (Vauxhall Motors) 1 year ago
I had a picnic with Joe Hart yesterday. A few times we had to return the ball to some kids playing football on the other side of the field.

Other then that, it was lovely
Gud2cu (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Rooney, Welbeck, Cleverly, Carrick.... This is what happens when you inject a bit of Man Utd brilliance into the England squad!
Steveex (Borussia Dortmund) 1 year ago
A solid yet disappointing performance?
If you really are happy with beating a team whose individuals play football as a hobby by a margin of only 5-0 then good night england.

Not trying to take away the individual skills of the players you mentioned. However I wouldn't be happy if I was you
MAWTH (Arsenal) 1 year ago
San marino.... If this was an rpg youd get 1 exp
DiSagnia (Chelsea) 1 year ago
So here are the latest stats of San Marino football team,

GP: 25
W: 0 (0%)
D: 0 (0%)
L: 25 (100%)
GF: 2
GA: 116
+/-: -114

Enough said
Modulus (Arsenal) 1 year ago
I agree, this match was shooting practise.

The outcome: We lack a finishing touch by many key players in the 'new look' England team; a major concern. We struggled to show creativity in the final third against part timers.... On the plus scoring goals at home is always is never a bad thing and Ox's goal was a touch of class
Verbatim (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Manchester Boys doing work!
Theatreofdream (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Spot on!
[account-removed] 1 year ago
GET WELL THEO....

Walcott (wish him well) could be out for few weeks and I have no doubts Arsenal will miss him.
Those deluded arrogant gooners who thought "not good enough", give him some s**t & want him out will find out how good Walcott he really is and how important to the team.

It's hard to blame Arsenal's fans really, however, I blame the deluded fool legend: Mr Arsene Wenger

Unfortunately, Walcott has been the butt of criticism from many Arsenal supporters for his erratic play, hardly his fault IMO.

How long is Walcott has been with Arsenal? Yep seven years under Wenger's guidance of coaching/training/playing.... Learning WHAT? What position exactly? A wide midfielder/ winger or what? Unknown

Arsene Wenger on Theo:

"I see Theo developing through the middle, that is the way we have always hoped he may go. You can see this boy maturing well now and I believe he can be an important player for us this season. ”

Really!?!? Haven't get a clue how to deploy, position or play Theo and get the best of him all these years?

Remember Clichy? Another Wenger's failure

7 years, with no sign of improvement, due to coaching and lack of competition, Off to City for (daylight robbery) 7 million (merci beaucoup le professor). How much Clichy's improved by end of the season? My word....

City unsung hero, one of the best FB in the PL and France's first choice while Evra warming the bench, credit to Mancini.

So the question now, what's next with Theo?

Personally I'd welcome him at City in a heartbeat.
TAIM2DAI (AC Omonia Nicosia) 1 year ago
Walcott for me is very fast, can dribble well and is actually an extremely gifted finisher so to me it makes sense to play him down the middle sort of what Gervinho is doing now.

Everything else you said I lold hard at. Only Ferguson has done as much for English football on and off the pitch as Wenger and if he left Arsenal today every elite club would be looking for his signature including City. You're also blowing Clichy way out of proportion he is no where near one of the best fullbacks in the league and only up until recently Mancini preferred both Korlarov and Zabaletta (both far better players imo) also Wenger didn't sell him for footballing reasons he sold him because he has an ego problem much like Nasri and also the added benefit of having Gibbs who I always thought given the rub of the green injury wise and given a few starts would turn out being one of the best fullbacks in the league and guess what? Him and Jenkinson have hands down been the best fullbacks so far this season
Fabby (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Funny you forget to mention it's 'cause of wenger's guidance that clichy was able to move to city. If he was such a failure, mancini would have never bought him.
In other words, its 'cause of wenger that clichy got noticed and now finds himself at city and he should be thankful.

France's first choice? It is now that clichy is in his prime that he gets the nod over evra and the reason is simple, evra has been s**t the last 2 years or so.
When clichy was with us, evra was beasting it at united and a very much on form world class left back and rightfully first choice and even back then clichy was nothing as the only competition evra had was from another world class left back in abidal.

Now for walcott, have you seen the guy's stature and physique? No way in hell can he (currently) lead the line, he's not strong enough or intelligent enough to get away from defenders and will just get pushed around.
Wenger puts him at RW simply 'cause he has more time to do something and even then he's not consistent enough.
The guy can't even dribble past players nor can he run with the ball, half of the time the ball gets left behind!
RW is his best position right now, 'cause it allows him to do most of the damage, he is otherwise useless up front as most teams tend to park the bus a lot against us so he can't just run behind defenders!

This is why wenger is a respected coach around the world and you are just a nobody. I'm surprised at how you came up with that argument as it is so flawed.... It ain't exactly rocket science
Kyriaks (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Totally agree Fabby, Maxxi the clueless City fan. He was probably a United fan until City bought the league and several Arsenal players. Wenger will keep rolling them out, I personally like Walcott and hope he stays
Shawkernator (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Walcott is just so inconsistent, the more we bench him the better he plays because he puts everything back in it to get the starting spot. He takes his position for granted and gets far too careless otherwise
Persebaya (Persebaya Surabaya) 1 year ago
Clichy has been good even before he moved to Man City
Kopcic (Bayern München) 1 year ago
Cleverlyyyyyyyy
TAIM2DAI (AC Omonia Nicosia) 1 year ago
England have always picked the best players and not the best team and this is the perfect example of doing the opposite. I know it's only San Marino but it was clear to see the attacking players who pulled the strings yesterday were all United players. Is Cleverly better than Gerrard and Lampard? No, but Carrick and Cleverly play better together than them and that's down to playing and training with each other week in and week out and the same could be said with Rooney and Welback. United and City are the strongest teams in England and they both possesses a wealth of young English players and experienced English players. I know its only San Marino but if Hodgson learnt anything from this game he should notice club chemistry equates to International football massively, just look at Italy at the Euros it's essentially just Juventus
Poppyfields (Arsenal) 1 year ago
^it's also a question of investing in the future- Gerrard and Lampard represent the old guard, and they literally are quite old at this point. Cleverly, Wilshere, Carrick and Oxlade represent the future of the England midfield and it is better that they gel with the team and get experience now rather than hang on to the old guard for as long as we can and have the new generation be unprepared.

Look at what the German Coach did, he benched the senior players and just played an incredibly young, fit, and talented team. By the time they gel'ed they were competing in the World Cup Semi, Euro Final, and Euro semi once again. Make no mistake, investing in the new generation works wonders
JRadical (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I totally agree with you mate, and I've been saying England should do this for years. I think if Harry Redknapp got the manager job he would have done this from the start.

Luckily the new crop of youngsters seem to be forcing Hodgson's hand and making him select them 'cause their club managers are selecting them and they're playing good and developing fast.

Hopefully Hodgson will realise that the future of England is is gelling the youth of today so that they can play with each other compatibly- unlike Lampard and Gerrard
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 1 year ago
This is San Marino.... You don't learn anything from these games
CSKA1948SOFIA (PFC CSKA Sofia) 1 year ago
Rooney needed to play against San Marino to get his first goal of the season
Footy4Torres (Liverpool) 1 year ago
England gonna' think they can win the world cup now, confidence gets unlimited but watch when they face a team in top 10 they will be facepalmed again
LazioFresno (Lazio Roma) 1 year ago
Great "team" performance
Slasic (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I feel bad for theo, just came back from injury and was doing well. England need more good results
Otownballer (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Yeah that was a nasty hit. I hope he's not out for long
BagiK (FC Seoul) 1 year ago
Only 1 of the players in the San Marino squad is a Footballer by profession. It's a miracle England only scored 5
Erich (1. Nürnberg) 1 year ago
ENgLAND IS gonna' WIN worldcup 2014!11!1
Georgio (Bayern München) 1 year ago
.... Naaaaaaa
10turan (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Haha, nice
Wiskid (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Probably not
Zolamagic (Chelsea) 1 year ago
20 years time.... We will dominate
Loopster (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Walcott got pummelled