Forums / England
Order: Newest / Oldest
England Chat
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 days ago
Kayteo (Manchester United) 1 week ago
England - we still haven't a clue what we're doing
ScouserDan (Liverpool) 1 week ago
Man no wonder England never do well. The England "fans" doubt and criticize every chance they get
Moe66 (Manchester City) 6 days ago
England actually is doing a much better then recent years. They've got talent, now its all about being able to bring the best out of them. We've seen in the wc2014 that Sterling, Barkley, Welbeck, Sturridge, Henderson and Luke Shaw are going to be big for England in the future. Now add Dele Alli, Kane, Wilshere, Walcott, Stones, Dier, Butland, Chamberlin etc. If fit, England have a host of players that are top quality imo. I think England really need to stick with a 4-3-3 formation at this point.

I would love to see:

Kane imo is England best striker right now, Rooney needs to find his form but Kane really puts the oppositions defensive to work, his dangerous. Now with outside forwards England good oppositions but its going to come down to delivery but above all its about how England is going to control the MF. Dier is England's best holding MF that an actual DM, Henderson can be the B2B man and the 3rd MF has to an play-making MF like Wilshere who shouldn't have shouldn't be playing DM considering how much he can contribute in attack.

Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 days ago
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 months ago
Back in the day, when Kevin Keegan and Trevor Brooking were two of the classiest players in world football, beating Italy 2-0:

Jeroen (Barcelona) 7 months ago
Https://twitter.Com/hilare_belloc/status/583192598061400064    Hah!
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 8 months ago
Assuming Uncle Woy is going to try to fit both Kane and Rooney into the same lineup (and presumably Welbeck on the wings), what sort of lineups would we like to see?
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 8 months ago
I'd like a blend of youth and experience:

Cannon (Arsenal) 8 months ago
Sterling was really good as a number 10 last season. Rooney is a horrible 10, so he can probably play on the wings
Umairrockx (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Congrats Rooney!    First English man under 30 to reach 100 caps!
Deffyduck (Arsenal) 1 year ago
England Squad named:

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Brom), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United, Stewart Downing (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Welbeck (Arsenal), Saido Berahino (West Brom).

Sturridge and Johnson dropped. Replaced by Berahino and Clyne.

Glad to see Clyne get some international recognition, he's been consistently impressive for Southampton.

Recall for Downing. I'm unsure about this one, he's been reliable for WHU but methinks this is a level too much for him now. Hope I'm wrong
Kayteo (Manchester United) 1 year ago
V Estonia:

England: Hart; Chambers, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines; Henderson, Wilshere, Delph, Lallana; Welbeck, Rooney.

Looks like the diamond with lallana at #10. Solid stuff. Thoughts?
Might've preferred clyne to chambers on the right, I think he offers more attack. On the flipside chambers defends set pieces better
Wenny123 (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
We had a win again 1 - nill win, we had 3 wins 0 losses 0 draws.    Wenny123
SavageLotus (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Bravo on the big win!
Wenny123 (Newcastle United) 1 year ago
Good win for our England, 5 - nill win    Wenny123
Why is nathaniel clyne not in the squad? He's been a hell of a right back even since his crystal palace days. Hopefully woy saw his screamer against the arsenal
Tree2 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
So what would you guys consider the biggest international rivalry in the british isles?

England- Rep Ireland?
Northern Ireland-Rep Ireland?
England -Scotland?
This question crossed my mind and I am really curious to know!
Juventusfc (Juventus) 1 year ago
I think it would be either England-Scotland and/or Northern Ireland-Republic of Ireland
Depends on who you ask. England has fierce (but respectful) rivalries with all of the home nations, due to our shared history.

England vs any of the other home nations is always eagerly anticipated in Rugby.

Not so much in football, though. In football it'll be the Irish "derby" or England v Scotland
I must say I think last night's game showed why Rooney is better suited as a striker than a #10.

Keeping Sterling as the tip of the midfield diamond ensured that our progression from midfield was much more dynamic on the counter.

This 4-4-2 diamond is still a work in progress and there are areas to address (I'm not convinced Wilshere works well at the base of the diamond) but I like that we can have two strikers deployed further up the field.

------------Back Four

Sturridge/Walcott/Ox/Welbeck/Lambert/ and more can rotate in and out.

The core of this team can stick together for the next 5 years and still be in their mid-late twenties. I think now is definitely the time to be experimenting with this formation since we have a relatively easy qualification group. If we can iron out some of the wrinkles by 2016 we might just avoid embarrassing ourselves in the KO stages!
Rooney's not a #10 for me, LVG might make it work but surely sterling on form looks more natural there. Sturridge obviously is first-choice no matter how well welbeck does against switzerland, much as I love danny, sturridge just has more technique and finishing prowess
Not bad! Play to the strengths!
With AOC and sterling as direct, dribbling wingers, a pair of overlapping fullbacks, a handy midfield pair and two athletic centrebacks there is the beginnings of a half-decent team here.

But I am not convinced hogdson is the man to get the best out of a young, ballplaying side. This england side could be making triangles and creating overlaps in the channels but instead they look lost and frankly bored out there
Fadinho89 (Arsenal) 1 year ago
Once walcott is fit, I'm telling you, sturridge, sterling and walcott makes a very fast direct front 3.

This would be the attacking force.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football