Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Your 2011/12 Dreamfooty Team!
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago

To display your team, type [ df]username[ /df] without spaces and changing 'username' to your own username.

Good luck everyone! Seems like those that loaded up with Germans raced to the top of the board at the start
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
So you went for Messi in the end eh? It'll either make or break your squad, but the former is more likely, given his awesomeness
Buffon is a weak link but it was players like him that let me get Messi. I was either going to get Messi + lousy player, or Joe Hart and D Villa instead

I'm quietly confident of a high finish but obviously I didn't spot the German trick this year. Meaning, load up on Germans early then swap to Spaniards by the end of the season
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
That was my strat last year, only with english early, then spanish/italian late. But injuries and bad choices ensured I used up my xfers in other ways than planned.

As for buffon, there were starting keepers out there for 3M if you looked hard enough, and for teams playing in europe too
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 3 years ago
Ant has, by far, the team with the most stripes in their kits! 9! Dude loves him some stripes.... Lol...
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Lol yeah.... All the German based teams are off to a flier.... Don't worry we are catching up ;D
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Just to prove that creating the game is no advantage, here is my team:

FUTHA MUCKERS
Matt's dreamfooty Team
Guardiola
A. Begović
G. Cahill
R. Bertrand
K.Trippier
Alberto Moreno
J. Rodríguez
A. Candreva
Koke
Cristiano Ronaldo
G. Pellè
S. Agüero
Subs Bench:

Might not score me a top 100 spot but i'd love to see em play!
Holy crap Matt, you must be a supporter of the philosophy the best defence is offence?
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
That front three is scary, well played matt
Jatin666 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Really nice attack, good luck with Wes Brown and clean sheets though!
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Just realised how crap my team is :/ lol
Absolutely not - in fact this is a team I see in the top 10 quite easily, if you sell Walcott perhaps. All of those players are players I considered buying as well, but I went for the 'bargain + star'-approach. Lots of 3. 0m players and a few very expensive ones
It is borderline frightening how good this team is. I almost wanna call hax there's so many big names all over it hehe
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
I love humble people, this team is going to kick ass Soccergal
This team is awesome soccergal humility earns you A+ as well
I don't know how effective managers are going to be this year so your team will be a good experiment. If we've balanced it right (and I think we did) then any player in any position who is worth about 10 mill should get the same amount of points. I mean to say, a manager worth 10mill should be as valuable to you as a midfielder worth 10 mill.

We'll have to see though
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
SOUTHSIDE UNITED FC
Somere's dreamfooty Team
M. Pochettino
Casillas
N. Subotić
A. Ogbonna
B. Ivanović
Fàbregas
K. De Bruyne
Juan Bernat
P. Pogba
Cristiano Ronaldo
Neymar
L. Suárez
Subs Bench:
You left a space Somere
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 3 years ago
Lets see whos DF-team he´d copied&paste too
Very smart team!
Very Smart team!
Impressive team as always ;D
Sorry.... Double post!
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
YOU BETTER RUN
JIMMYBREEZE's dreamfooty Team
Luis Enrique
Moyá
D. Godín
A. Ogbonna
M. Yanga Mbiwa
J. Mathieu
Fàbregas
Juan Bernat
P. Herrmann
R. Lewandowski
M. Icardi
Heung Min Son
Subs Bench:
WTF kind of name is Hugh Grant for a team Jimmy? Haha Oh, and care to tell my why you chose Ilicic? Many people have him, but for a 7m player from an average team that doesn't play European games (FC Thun kicked them out, for crying out loud), I think he's not worth it
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ilicic is 3m! Not 7m
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
The backstory behind Hugh Grant. I was sitting at the screen choosing a name for a team that's going to leave you in the dust, and I heard a film being watched by my Mum next door, unmistakable, that's Hugh Grant. Alright, that will have to do, I thought. I had more pressing matters than choosing a name. Ilicic, rightly pointed out by Hither, a bargain buy. Why? Because the Europa League and their national respective league are two different cup competions, Schalke showed that last season. What goes on in one doesn't necessarily equate to the other. Salvio, now there's a dud
Huh? My bad then.... I might have bought him for that price, though with the strike in Spain and Italy I'm glad I didn't.

Edit: Eduardo Salvio you mean? Well, I thought that all the EURO and champions league qualifiers counted as well - which should explain Salvio and Joel in my team. I'd have about 30 points more now if they did count. And Salvio will kick ass this year, I consider him a pretty talented kid. He also got his playing time so far, so I think Manzano is going to field him as a core player this season
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
Hey, I was just pulling your leg, I'm sure the kid has some talent, I hadn't even heard of him, just picked a player from your team that I didn't know. Your team is really talented that's why, and what about the number 1 position. Did you think your players and approach would work out that well?
In all honesty: I thought many people would do the same. Get players who already gathered loads of points. But in the end, if I keep this set-up, I won't even make top 100 I'm afraid. You know what my plan is to prevent that though
THE YANKOVIC EXPRESS
Hithere's dreamfooty Team
José Mourinho
Casillas
Jordi Alba
L. Bonucci
N. Subotić
Guilherme Siqueira
Fàbregas
K. De Bruyne
A. Meier
G. Bale
L. Messi
K. Huntelaar
Subs Bench:
T. Müller
 I plan to go with a 5-3-2 formation once La Liga and Serie A kicks off
So you went for Dani Alves huh.... The defence is awesome, the mid is a bit weak and the attack is really good ;D
I wasn't sure if Abidal how many games Abidal would get. Alves was a safer bet but it looks like Abidal will get loads of games...
Jimmybreeze 3 years ago
First thing I see is a Schalke goalkeeper in goal, that's problematic. Jose Enrique, cheap and part of a club vying for one of the top places, but their defence doesn't look too great. Wesley, a great 3 million buy, but how long can he keep it up for? Dzeko, great buy, I also have him, and I think regardless of Aguero and Tevez, he will still have a fruitsome season. Long, great start, I hope he keeps it up. All in all, a very good team
I'm guessing you're commenting about my team?
Liverpool had 14 clean sheets last season in the EPL (Man Utd had 15) so their defence isn't as bad as you think. Either way I got 6 defenders, all starters (not so sure about Taiwo though) and I can choose them depending on the team form and their opponent that weekend.
The Schalke goalkeeper is 3m so I thought what the heck. I rather spend money on other players. Schalke is a hot and cold team. They do keep clean sheets sometimes. I just got Dzeko on the last day. I had Hernadez (14m) + Mata (10m) at first but then last minute I decided to get Rooney (16m) + Dzeko (8m). Probably a better combination
CUNNING LINGUISTS
Jeroen's dreamfooty Team
Guardiola
Moyá
J. Terry
Guilherme Siqueira
S. Lichtsteiner
F. Johnson
M. Götze
G. Bale
N. Matić
S. Kießling
L. Messi
L. Suárez
Subs Bench:
N. Subotić

Went for the bargain approach: I have several very cheap starters that will score decent amounts of points and a few (especially my defence) pricy ones. Defenders get their points from clean sheets, and it is only possible to get many of those with a great team, so I had to spend big there
I thought about getting Abidal instead of Dani Alves to save 6m but I didn't know how many games he'd play. Same with coentrao and Cavalho. I also had Badstuber at one point but then I remembered last season when I had him. He was out injured for about a month and Bayern was in a poor run of form. So far Badstuber got the most points for a defender though!
Carvalho played almost 50 games for RM last season, was top 5 in DF if I recall. He's a lock starter, this season's Marcelo I feel. For 10M, a steal
Marcelo was 14m, if I remember well. Unless they changed his price, which I highly doubt.

As for Badstuber: two season ago, he played ALL Bayern games, the only player to do so. Last season, he played most games when he was fit, and it looks like this season he'll be playing all of them as well. More importantly: Bayern's defence looks really mean, they've improved a lot compared to last season, especially with Neuer in goal. That man is a wall in the goal, and it'll help Badstuber & co gain points. I probably even should have bought Boateng or Rafinha as well
I remember, because I was lucky enough to grab him at the start of the season. Even remember the numbers - Marcelo had started 34 league games for RM the previous season, so I was shocked when I saw his price; 7M. Of course it went up later, but at the time I thought you guys knew something I didn't or some such
Oh, you meant last season? Yeah, I had Marcelo and Carvalho as well then. Now though, I opted for expensive (but guaranteed provider of assists and goals) Özil and Coentrão, who I think will be deployed as a substitute dm/lb/lm often, and because he's rated as a defender, he'll benefit a lot from the clean sheets
@Sumdumfu, I know what you mean about Carvalho possibly being this season's "Marcelo". I got Marcelo last year at 7M too. Gave me a lot of points. Hopefully you're right about Carvalho.

@Jeroen now that you say it like that, I feel like I should have kept Badstuber. I just felt that Bundesliga games are so unpredictable. I mean, didn't Bayern lose the first game this season?
Yeah, they did, with 0-1. But, you should look beyond that: they won FIVE others, with clean sheets.

I think Abidal is going to play as good as all Barça games too though: he's our best LB and is usually deployed as a CB if Piqué or Puyol are injured. And now, apparently, both are out for a while
Cheeky as always J great stuff buddy
LordLloyd (Manchester United) 3 years ago
 Hope this team does well
You better hope that messi doesn't get injured!
Lol, I know but I will be saving my emergency transfer windows in case he does...
Easy swap Ronaldo for Messi if he does
You think? I was considering (in case of injury of course) buying 2 forward like aguero and huntelaar and reinforce my def with the extra cash....
Edit: Got too scared to wait and see and was amazed by Huntelaar that I originally bought with Aguero instead of Messi.... So I ended up selling Riise and Xabi Alonso for Huntelaar and Abdellaoue....
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
The first 5-4-1 I've seen on here. Wonder who your star forward is

Last season I totally did not want to cave into the populist movement and claim messi/naldo. This season I see that as the challenge of challenges - make a viable squad with one of those clowns as your striker. I feel I found some real steals, but my midfield is still kinda weak. I actually found jesus navas for 7M and was gonna' swap him from ramsey, but the xfer window closed right as I clicked sell! =(

Still, I think my defence, strikers, and bench rock. And the valencia manager for 7M was a steal as well
Ouch, that's painful! I had Navas as well for a while, but decided to opt for different MFers afterwards. I might be tempted to get him next transfer window though, if Sevilla does OK and he's not injured. I've got another account where I made a DF squad too, although it is not PRO+, it does contain Messi and a heap of bargains who I think will do well.

The Liga (and Serie A?) strike will hurt a lot of teams though
Yeah but those games will probably be made up at a later date so I'm not too worried about it. Whatever you think of navas, he certainly would've been an upgrade over ramsey =(
Jose Bosingwa and Alex.... Interesting choices. AVB seems to like Bosingwa so far but I don't know if things will change once Ivanovic and David Luiz are back. I don't know how many games Alex and Bosingwa will get
Ivanovic has been on the bench at least once, so alex was picked ahead of him. I feel alex will still be the first choice centerback along with terry as long as he's healthy. Also I kinda feel AVB likes the skill players over the bruisers, so he's gonna' go with alex and bosingwa alot. I hope =/

Either way, 6M for two guys likely to get significant playing time for chelsea was a steal I thought. Although now that I see everybody grabbing those bayern defenders I'm thinkin maybe I didn't look hard enough at the bundesliga defenders. Crap
But Ivanovic wasn't fully fit even when he was on the bench. Hopefully he'll be fully fit soon and get lots of playing time. Honestly, I don't care if he doesn't start. As long as he comes in as a sub every game I'm fine with that too.

I was really close to getting a Mainz defender (Noveski) and Badstuber. But went for Taiwo and Jose enrique instead. Hopefully I made the right choice
[account-removed] 3 years ago
   How is mine?
For a 115m team, gotta' say it's pretty good
Yup, all very neat choices. Although I've gotta' say I'm surprised you only picked one Arsenal player as a fan, and a defender at that
True, true, he could have chosen from Fabregas, nasri - oops! I kid
One of the more injury prone Arsenal players as well
Really good all round team mate....
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
DELUSIONAL FOOLS
Rockerr's dreamfooty Team
L. Favre
Moyá
S. Lichtsteiner
Jordi Alba
T. Jantschke
Dante
Fàbregas
M. Götze
K. De Bruyne
J. Rodríguez
Cristiano Ronaldo
L. Suárez
Subs Bench:
Injuries have hit this one already Ibra and Taiwo are both injured. Seems you might be forced to play a 5-4-1
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Ibra is fit to play!Just Taiwo is injured
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
WHY ALWAYS US
Pragathish's dreamfooty Team
L. Favre
Rafael
Guilherme Siqueira
N. Vidić
T. Jedvaj
K. De Bruyne
A. Ramsey
Fàbregas
G. Bale
Cristiano Ronaldo
M. Gómez
Diego Costa
Subs Bench:
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Meh, I don't care about winning
Mölders was one of my favorites too, hope you made a good catch. Good Luck
FREIE SCHILDKNAPPEN
Fiasc0's dreamfooty Team
L. Favre
R. Weidenfeller
D. Alaba
L. Bonucci
P. Lahm
T. Hazard
S. Nasri
S. Bender
M. Stoppelkamp
Raffael
M. Mandžukić
Diego Costa
Subs Bench:
   2 DEFs are still injured, but at mid of September they´ll rock.          
85m team! Arsene Wenger would be proud!
Well even if you are satisfied with your team, I would have bought Messi or two expensive players with the remaining 30M.... Good luck...
Hahaha, this is awesome. As Hithere said, you must be Wenger's pupil, or maybe the man himself
I am know officially rooting for you to win the dreamfoot competition my friend haha, 85 mil awesome
Agreed, you need to fire your accountant! Your strike force could possibly be Messi and Ronaldo if you sold the two you have there and a sub!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
You might as well buy the 5th sub.... Lol
Well the 2nd best under 100 Pound team so far. (where the heck is the Pound sign on my keyboard )

Fool's old boys, I know they might get shite in terms of points but some of my very favorite players in the world on there. Just missing Gerrard and the King really but you can't always get what you want Dagger, Dempsey and Suarez stars SO excited all has been revealed haha
Looks a good all round team mate

Kick4Life - changing lives through football