Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup - DreamFooty Winners
Matt (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
The World Cup has come to an end, Spain have lifted the trophy but perhaps more importantly than that we can announce the winners of the World Cup DreamFooty game.

In first place of the free to enter league we have Franboy on an impressive 631 points a full 39 points ahead of his closest rival. As franboy is not a PRO+ member he is not eligible for the cash prizes we will however be awarding him a 5 million fan valuation bonus.

First in the PRO+ league and winner of $500 USD is ZIZOO with the aptly named team Champs

In second place collecting $200 USD we have CescArse4

In third place picking up a nice $100 USD is BigShel

Congratulations to the top three. Users in places 4th to 25th will pick up $50 USD upon verification they are eligible for the prize.

All winners will be contacted by the end of the week via the email address associated with the paypal account they used to join PRO+ to arrange payment.

I would also like to take this opportunity to leak a few details about the upcoming DreamFooty 2010/2011 season game. Improvements will include

* Bundesliga teams and players added.
* Inclusion of Manager position
* Improved team management and stats

There will again be cash prizes for top placing PRO+ members. More details will be released as we move towards the start of the season.
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Well done to everyone who won a cash prize, but a special mention to franboy who came out on top with less money at his disposal, well played.
Next season is gonna' be some laugh, we have to research the bundesliga as well now.... Lol, but its all adding to an already great competition.
Well done to matt and the mods that helped out, nice one lads
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Congrats to everyone who won!
If some of the users in 4th to 25th place are not pro members would the next pro members after 25th place get 50 dollars?
I placed 51st but in the pro league I placed 16th so does this mean that I would get a cash prize?
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Indeed yes the prizes are for the users who decided to go Pro+ before the competition. In the league tables, click 'pro+" on the right and you can see the list of Pro+ players or prizewinners
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
So the only thing that counts is the pro table?
Mauijim (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well done everyone. Congratulations!
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Congrats to them.... And waiting for next season !
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Yay I got $50! .... Finished 13th
CescArse4 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Thanks so much guys, It was really fun and being in 1st for a while felt good, even if it didn't last! Congrats to zizoo for winning 1st, spend it wisely mate! Much respect and gratitude to the staff, can't wait for the club season to start and with it: CLUB dreamfooty!
Peace
Nice one cesc, a good loser, hard luck yourself mate, at least you got a prize $200, which is a bonus
CescArse4 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Absolutely Tony, as much as I wish I could say I came in 1st and had the top prize, 2nd and 200 cash is the most I have ever won from just about anything, and I really am kind of obsessed with footy, so I'm grateful I could at least get paid something for the time I spend following all the leagues and players. I think if I had marked my star players from the 1st week, I would've won, but I think this is the same for many other competitors, so there's really no point in complaining about that now, just part of the game
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Thanks you guys I love you hehe. Good game everyone. I think I just got lucky

Great website excellent work guys keep it going. See you next season.

Lets GO madriiid

SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Awesome stuff!
Don't tell us its a great site, tell your friends
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes we already know it's a great site
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Congratulations to everyone who won and thanks to everyone who took part! I made an absolute mess of it by making choices rushed and tired, but still enjoyed it very much
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
The prize money is just a bonus, I enjoyed playing the game a great deal. A big thank you to the organisers, and of course congratulations to others who were lucky enough to grab some cash. With one eye on next season, a question. How many leagues will there be, aside from the English, Spanish and the German?
Italy
Dvno893 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Ya this was really fun, however I finished 26th place tied with the 25th and 24th place. The 24th place spent as much as me. Do I also get the $50 USD?
You would need to see matt about that one mate, I hope you do, good luck
Yep, all tied players get $50, nice one dvno893
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I failed epicly in 329th place, oh well better luck next time , how many players were there, please tell me more than 329
Yes Ayyam you are last....    Muhahah I get $50 and you don't!
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Congratulations to all who played the world cup dreamfooty! I can honestly say my results were 90% luck and 10% 4-4-2 magazine. Anyways I am hooked for life and hope I do not actually bomb in the season long version. Franboy absolutly crushed us all so a word to the wise check his wall daily and look for clues to how he thinks. LOL If he can get results like that with only 110 mil he needs to seriously consider a position with the world bank perhaps he can pull the world economy out of it's current death spiral. On a brighter note I'll not see a penny of the prize money as I have already promised my two kids new 2010/11 jerseys.
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
That's an awesome gift Shel! Till now I didn't even realise it, but you are a 40-something father. You always came across a fellow 20-something student. Maybe it's the same Barça craziness that flows through our veins.
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 4 years ago
Jeroen Footy has completely taken over my life in so many ways. Not only am I a footyaddict but both my daughters play club football and I have just completed my certification to be a youth coach. And yes Barca footy keeps you forever youthful.
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
Congratulations to all the winners! Well played!
4 years ago
Thanks to all for a great competition This was my first DreamFooty team but I still managed to finish 6th, despite 2-3 obvious mistakes made while picking my team - but beware, I've drawn conclusions and plan to do better in 2010/2011 edition
You have your work cut out for the upcoming dreamfooty compo, the world cup had 32 teams to choose from, this has four leagues to pick from, and no more than two players from each team, we have the epl, serieA, la liga, and the bundesliga has also been added this season, so you better start researching mate.... Lol,
Good luck for the coming dreamfooty
4 years ago
Thanks and same 2 you

It's definitely gonna' be more about planning for the long term. WC 2010 lasted only a month and some lucky picks could turn the things round, but playing the season will be certainly more about strategy than luck
Minadeo (Juventus) 4 years ago
Congrats to the mods who developed a wonderful game. Had a great time playing.

Thanks for making life tougher this season with the introduction of the Bundesliga to Dreamfooty. Only have to learn about another 200-300 more players. I know this all a conspiracy devised by Sam, who knows everything about every league. I'm sure he will be trying to include the French and Dutch leagues next year
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
I plead the 5th! They do say that "Knowledge IS power!"
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Hi Matt. Who is the e-mail going to be sent from? Checking my inbox and spam, nothing footytube/paypal related, just requests to consider willy enlargement, accident firms asking me to break my arms so they can help me claim compensation etc. It made me remember why I didn't visit my spam inbox. So I wanted to ask, is it just me or is everyone in the same boat?
4 years ago
I guess we're all still waiting
Yeah I asked him and he replied with:

'Hi Sam I imagine most people are wondering when they will get their prizes.

All prizes will be sent to your paypal account by the end of this week'

So I replied with

'Oh ok so I should be getting it by the 25th? Ok cool'
And he hasn't replied yet
He's a very busy man guys, give him a break, he has told you they will be sent out, whats the problem?
Oweniit 4 years ago
Congrats. Cannot wait till the season begun. First time only I played it and I came 48th. Not a bad achievement ah. Any way I have a small question when the season begins points will be calculated from the beginning (from 0) or from the points where now we are
4 years ago
Yes, from the beginning. Each season or tournament is a separate competition

Kick4Life - changing lives through football