Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
World Cup Dreamfooty Open!
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 month ago
Some of you have noticed that the World Cup game is now open and ready for you to start building teams.

Basically the same rules as the regular season with a few notable changes, I suggest you read the new FAQ but here are the big ones.

The transfer window will be open ALL THE TIME so you can amend your team whenever you like, however your team is only saved at certain points so changes you make will only come into effect after the team has been saved.

During the World Cup your team will be saved on 6 dates. They are as follows

12/6/14
23/6/14
27/6/14
4/7/14
8/7/14
12/7/14.

After the 27/6 save point your team budget will be increased by 5mil and you will be able to pick up to 4 players from any team (previously 2). Then prior to the Semi Finals this will increase to 5 players per team.

That is the major changes any questions let me know.

Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 month ago
Awesome! I'd like to add that many of the squad selections are only preliminary. Belgium, for example, has a few players listed that are probably not going to Brazil after all
Yeah, to get the game out nice and quick we had to add players from prelim squad hence the open window. We will trim it down as the final squads come in
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 1 month ago
Wow. Thanks, chief
How many changes are we allowed to make when the transfer windows happen? As many as we like or just a few?
It is unlimited transfers
Yippee! Thanks
Saalsi (Barcelona) 1 month ago
How about substitutes during the world cup? How often are the squads updated? Meaning, how fast do players move between the bench and the field?
Subs and player changes only take effect at the save points listed above
Hey Matt, I don't know if you missed my question but it goes like this: How many transfers are we allowed to make in each transfer window? For example, when the first one on the 23rd comes around?
Zekko4 (AC Milan) 1 month ago
But doesn't this mean, that during the group stage, we will not be able to make any substitusions? Then what's the point in having a 16 men squad, if you can't use them all during the group stage?
The substitutes are less vital in the World Cup game and only really come into play if you think a player is a bargain and you wish to reserve the price. That being said most people will just run with a starting 11 and use the transfer windows instead of a full bench.

Zekko4 (AC Milan) 1 month ago
I understand what you are saying. But this means that if a player get's sent off or injured in the first match you can not replace him, until after the group stage is over. Also allowing us to make replacements during the group stages, means that people are less prone to have the same 5-6 players, and will diversify and get more creative if we could save our subs (not our transfers) every 4 or 5 days
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 month ago
Why such a large gap between the first and the second save date? 12th and then the 23rd. The next save date then follows just 4 days later.

Also, should we not get substitutes then? More worth it to just get 11 players and then buy and sell them?
I think it's actually good. You get two games where your players will pick up points. And then that final game, you get to make some changes to your team to try to pick up those desperately needed points - maybe you haven't been playing well?

And then after that I think the transfer windows are open for each round - 2nd round, quarters, semis and the final. I think this system is pretty cool. Thanks footytube
Jeroen (Barcelona) 1 month ago
Disregard this, I was sleepy and stupid
Keneddy (Persipura Jayapura) 1 month ago
How to joint this league
Kingleo (Barcelona) 1 month ago
For the World Cup Dreamfooty, why is Donovan there and where is Rodrigo Palacio for Argentina?
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 month ago
Hi Matt, could you please clarify at what time the saving point happened on the 12th and if it was UK time zone
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 1 month ago
I think it's 08:00 for the GMT +1 but I could be wrong.... And if I am then I will lose quite a few points >_
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 month ago
The time will have to keep into account all time zones globally up to midnight on the 12th. That's my understanding, but we are probably not used to the open window thing. I guess I will find out soon enough after the Spain game
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 1 month ago
Can someone tell me when will the points show from the the Brazil vs Croatia game come up?
I already got mine. Maybe you didn't save your team in time?
Yup, just log out and log back in. It didn't show up for me till I did that
Ntruf (Lille) 1 month ago
Damn I was late to do my team (I am travelling). Just realized I will have no points until the 23 of june. It is over for me already then? As a top 100 dreamfooty member year after year, I am extremely disappointed...
'new' teams get saved every night only edited teams have to wait until the save windows
CoontaKunte (Manchester United) 1 month ago
Hmmm what happened to my last post
CoontaKunte (Manchester United) 1 month ago
I shall post again....

This is from a major footytube Fan almost 8 years and running. I am sure I saved my team before the fantasy league. And I remember Oscar as my star player and Scolari as my coach. So you can imagine how happy I was to check my points this morning and bummer. My team was never saved.

I now proceeded to create another team. And I have saved it immediately but from reading your comments here, I am not able to get any points till june 23. Please clarify for me cause that will be a double whammy.
'new' teams get saved every night only edited teams have to wait until the save windows
Spain 1 Netherlands 5  There's a result I didn't expect
Sergio Ramos as my Star defender. Facepalm
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 1 month ago
I picked ramos as one of my defenders too. Lucky not my star striker. -2 points. LOL

Kick4Life - changing lives through football