Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Which Players On Your Team Have Survived The Transfer Windows (so Far)?
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
This forum has been a bit lifeless lately so....

After your emergency transfer window(s) and the first (normal) transfer window, which players you bought since the start are still in your DF lineup?

I have a feeling most of the people on the leaderboards (myself included) have a completely different team from the one they started.

For me I only have 5 remaining:
Neuer - 4m - Horrible at first but things are looking up a bit.... I think.
Marcelo - 7. 5m - Current star player. Wish I had made him the star defender from the start (instead of Pique)
Nani - 8. 0m - Been excellent. Wish I made him the star midfielder.
Malouda - 12. 5m - explosive start. Gave me plenty of points. But now I'm itching to sell him.
Ronaldo - 18m - currently top of the attackers table. What more can you ask from your star striker?

Kicked out of the team during various transfer windows:
Pep Guardiola
Pique
Chielleni
Badstuber
Sagna - why oh why did I get an Arsenal defender?
Sergio Busquets
Yaya Toure - I probably should have kept him
Zian6 (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Oh lawd.... Your team is good!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Pep out? After tonight he's going to be the n°1 coach, and I think he'll stay there until the end of the season. But I understand 22mil can be invested in better players, and you've replaced him with Jürgen Klopp, a manager I thoroughly respect, so who am I to blame you

I've sold numerous players so far, because my team was infested with injuries right after the August transfer window ended. I had Valencia, Lampard, Vermaelen and 2 others I can't recall that were injured too
I sold pep to afford Messi. And I when I sold him, Barca wasn't winning 5-0 every week. They weren't keeping clean sheets and even lost to freakin Hercules. And Pique was getting a yellow card every other match.

I think Mourinho will still be top after tonight? One sub scored a goal, one sub assisted. That's 15 points already. That's also another problem I had with Pep. Barca subs never seem to score/assist goals. A 5-0 demolition win (none from subs) is worse than a 1-0 win with a goal from a sub
Oh, it seems you're right Hi. You're more involved in this thatn I am Keep it up!
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Can't say I remember the ones I have sold but the players remaining from my original team are
Neuer, evra, pique, silva, allegri, adam johnson (besides him I have replaced my whole midfield) and messi.

Yeah I definitely don't remember everybody I have sold. I am also itching to sell malouda, I made him my star mid when I replaced him with lampard (after I waited a month for him to get better) but since then he has only got 1 goal and chelsea went on a decline and he doesn't even get full games anymore
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I've actually kept everyone i've started with , might switch some star players in the next trade window, the only thing i've done is replace messi while he was injured with villa and then got messi back, after he returned from his injury
Wow.... That's pretty impressive. That means you chose your players well
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
I started out with 110 budget so I had to do some research so get some decent players for very little and to ensure I had subs, because last season I had no subs and both robinho and benzima got injured although I still finished at 94th.

The team I started out with looked like this:

Allegri

Ivanovic---hummels-----silva------evra

----valencia----busquets-----rakitic

-----ronaldo----tevez-------messi

Subs- huth, can't remember who my other sub was.

After valencia got injured I went pro, sold valencia and got nani and with the bonus from going pro I got malouda.
In the first transfer window I sold huth and replaced him with marcelo, sold rakitic and my other sub and replaced him with ozil.
A week later I noticed that nasri was playing very well for arsenal and even though he only had 135 dream footy points I took the chance. I used my last emergency transfer to replace malouda who had 185 points with nasri and made nani my star midfielder.
I also sold tevez and got barrios
I guess you made good transfers during your transfer windows. But I'm not sure replacing Tevez with Barrios was a good move. Tevez is still banging in goals. Not sure about Barrios
I just realized. The transfer window opens today! (or tomorrow, depending on your time zone)

Still deciding who to sell/buy. Can't decide whether I should keep Malouda. I have a feeling he's gonna' start scoring goals and assists right after I sell him.... Lol. Who knows, maybe chelsea will get a revival with the new signings.

And Andy Carrol is priced at 6m. I'm pretty sure that's gonna' change
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
There should be a special reward for someone who can place in the top 10 without using Messi or Ronaldo, not that it's going to be me. I know I should pick one/both of them up, but I just hate caving in and doing what everybody else does.

Next season both those idiots should cost at least 25 million each
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
They already cost 40 million for the pair, pretty much half of a standard dreamfooty teams budget
Lol sumdumfu.... I like how you're trying NOT to use Messi or Ronaldo but the truth is these two are such consistent scorers (esp Messi) that you gotta' have at least one of them.

Currently I'm scratching my head on who to buy. After selling 2 players I got 20m to spend
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I don't have enough room so I don't have either Messi or Ronaldo either, but my score doesn't do me justice as I started really late
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Somehow malouda has avoided the axe in two straight windows. I finally sold drogba, but I got unlucky with malouda. Last time I was trying to be cute and avoid the bundesliga winter break by buying "cover" (players who had games over the period). That was a dumbass idea. The cheap players I got suck. I should have just bought ozil and nasri + a striker or something.

This most recent window, I had it all planned out. Swap malouda for ozil, sell drogba and subs to get a great striker and great midfield or defender cover to play midweek cups and Europe games in place of my dortmund players.... But shinji broke his foot and is out for the season, so I sold him and bonucci (what a flop! He was only 4. 5 million but juventus can't stop conceeding!)

I did fix up my back line a bit (I sold k. Toure, who has played about half of man city's games since I bought him last window.... For some reason when he sits out, man city gets a clean sheet. In retrospect I should have bought hart instead. I was being greedy and figured kolo could eventually get more points than hart thanks to goals from corners, etc.... But yeah, I bought dani alves).

And now I have a proper-lethal strike force in ronaldo--messi--eto'o but malouda sitting in my midfield is more than enough cause for concern.... At least ozil and nani will continue to give me points

I was 1st for what seemed like at least a month.... Now I'm 7th.... As long as I get at least 4th place I will be very happy

Much better than 17, 000+ I got last year (when I started in march)
That's an epic Dreamfooty story. Lol.

In retrospect, my 1st transfer window I made some good choices (getting Ozil and Messi) but I don't think my choices for this window were that great. It's kind of a gamble to get hot-and-then-cold Berbatov and good-but-not-that-great-in-DF Yaya Toure. But hopefully my gamble will pay off. Also I starred Nani instead of Ozil. Another gamble.

About Malouda.... Well, you never know, he might spark again but I hope not since I sold him.... Lol

Both of us are similar in that we were both at the top and now falling down the leaderboard. I was 2nd for a couple of weeks and then just bad luck and bad decisions led to me dropping to 15th(!).
I just hope I stay in the top 10, or at the very least top 25.

Are you me? I decided to get rid of Drogba and have the exact strikeforce of Messi - Ronaldo - Eto'o too
I've noticed a couple of teams in the top 20 with that Messi-Ronaldo-Eto'o attack. Can't remember if they always had that combo or if it was after this window.

Edit: actually, not really. It's just three 3 teams in the top 20 with that attack
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I've only had one transfer season where I replaced Muller with Gomez and Kaka with Ozil. Gave me some extra budget (I only have 100M) and I bought Pochetinno (Espanyol), Espanyol is in 6th place in the Primera Division and he's only 6M. Still looking for a good 5-6M attacker and a a keeper from around that budget.

My current squad looks like this :

Traore - Robinson - Boyata - De Laet

Iniesta - Fellaini - Ozil

Ronaldo - Borja Baston - Gomez

How do you get 110M by the way?
100 million for normal users
110 million for users with good fan valuation
125 million for Pro+ users with good valuation.

How to go pro: Link: www.footytube.com/pro/
How to increase fan valuation: Link: www.footytube.com/forums/new-user-faqs/faq-fan-val...
Thanks again Ant
Lifeguard (Bayern München)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
That would explain why I can't afford alot of great players. Oh well, I'm just a poor student so i'll suffer with my non-pro account for now
Foos56 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I think my worst mistake off the bat was Gilardino on Fiorentina. He was 12m, and I could have done a lot more with that in hindsight. Until this transfer window when I finally sold him, he had scored me less than 140 points
Apparently Cesc Fàbregas also plays:

....And his star midfielder is Nasri
Haha too bad nasri's injured. I'm sure cesc is giving him all the positive motivation he needs to speed up his rehab.

Did anybody take a risk on van persie? Man I kinda wish I would have now
Van Persie is playing pretty good the last few weeks indeed
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Hahahaha great cartoon. Nice job Jeroen.  Nasri will be fit soon and that is great news for me. He is an important player of my miserable team.
Drdownundermum (Charlton Athletic) 3 years ago
Tidied my team a bit but I will be happy to get into the three thousands.
It is all relative. Next season I will know all the rules and strategy and pitfalls
It's all good, we all make mistakes. Ex. ; I just picked up kiko from villareal because I saw he'd started 21 games this year in defence.

.... For Villareal be! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! /facepalm!
Lol sumdumfu.... That's horrible! You could write a novel on your Dreamfooty 2010-11 misadventures.... Haha
When's the next transfer season, I think I'm finally seeing the whole picture now and I'm in need for some good transfers
No more transfers this season, just like real football. We open two transfer windows per season, and Pro+ members can open two more emergency ones
No more? I coulda sworn there were 3 last year
Sad but understandable. I won't make it far in the DF league then seeing as I only just figured out the whole thing. Will we keep our fan valuation at least for next season so we have our 110M instead of 100?
LordLloyd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Schmelzer 4M
Dani Alves 11. 5M
Xavi 13M
Malouda 12. 5M
Nani 8M
------
Bought as great investment:
Allegri 14M
Diego Lopez 7. 5M
Nasri 10M
Ronaldo 18M
------
Got rid off Ancelotti, Drogba, Badstuber
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
I have managed to retain 4 including the manager since the start

David moyes.... Who I should have got shot of
Peter cech
Thomas muller
Leo messi
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 2 years ago
I have ronaldo, cavani, higuain in my attack.

I bought higuain for 10 million when he was injured.... I hope we performs well in the next season.... So that my 10m would be a great investment on a player of his quality...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football