Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Transfers / Accuracy
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
I think it's time to get all the teams updated in Dreamfooty League.

Torres should become a Chelsea player, Suarez and Carrol should become Liverpool
Players and so on and on....

The way we're playing right now isn't really accurate and less fun.
According to the Dreamfooty League Ozil is still playing for Bremen, as is Dzeko. Adebayor isn't playing with Real Madrid an it keeps on going...
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
So what happens now. Did Torres get the winning points of Liverpool, although he played for Chelsea?
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Players are 'locked IN' at the start of the season with the teams they play for at that point. This is for loads of reasons and was decided early.

One good reason is, you are only allowed two players from any particular team. If we changed Torres to Chelsea now, those with two Chelsea players already would have broken teams, or an unfair advantage, whichever way you look at it.

If a player is transferred to a team in the same or another league that we cover (EPL, La Liga, Bundeliga, Serie A) then you will continue to get points for them at their new club, so it makes no difference to you. Torres gets points at Chelsea now, not Liverpool - that's where he plays. However if the player transfers out of the covered leagues, to for example the Turkish league (Like Reira) then you no longer get points for them.

This means you have to choose carefully at the start of a season and not pick players who are likely to be sold or injured.

We will not be swapping around players during the season
Allright, a bit sad though, I reckon many people would love to have Suarez in their team
@ Ant : If what you say is true.... Then why does Ozil play for Bremen? He was with Madrid before the start of the season.... ? Why is Khedira with RM but not Ozil? They we're bought in the same transfer? .... Also, Traore who's playing for Juventus since the beginning of the season is still listed as an Arsenal player.... That's kind of confusing don't ya think? I could continue like this, but I made my point. I also think winter transfers should be accounted if this game is to stay interesting
My point still stands too though. It would break peoples teams. If I already have two Chelsea players, and had Torres for Liverpool, when he moved to Chelsea I would suddenly have three Chelsea players, making an illegal team and breaking the system.

We will consider the Winter updates like you suggested for next season
Allright, but first of all, that comment doesn't count on al the players who were transferred in the summer cause I assume the DF league starts in september? And on the system thing, what's up with only being allowed two players from each team.... ? I don't really see the benefits.... And if you stand by the 2player/team thing you could give everybody who's in that situation an extra emergency transfer easily and then they could decide which player they choose to transfer because right now many people have 3 Chelsea or Madrid players, just not according too footytube and that's equally illegal if you ask me....

Thanks for considering the winter transfers.
The limit of two players per team isn't a benefit but a means of making the game a little harder. It means fans of, say, Chelsea don't just pick 5 Chelsea players. You have to choose one or two from loads of teams, giving you a much broader selection
Ok, that's a good answer on one of my questions.... Now the rest please because you are a good politician but it would be nice if you wouldn't try to dance around half my questions...
Sorry, what are you talking about? Are you genuinely asking us to change the very successful dreamfooty system when we are 75% of the way through the season, so that it suits you far better? The game is the way it is, I'm neither dancing around or playing politician.

Play the game, make suggestions for next season, write your thoughts but do it in a civil and respectful way. It may come as a surprise but its Dreamfooty, not RealAnimalzfooty
Ant, I wasn't attacking you but you can't look around the fact that you only answered half of my questions. Anyway, it's ot that important. On to next season like you said
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Didn't you just ask one question, which is "why are players who transfered to other clubs still in their former clubs"? You just gave lots of examples like Ozil, Khedira, Torres, etc. In that case Ant answered your question:
footytube goes by the data provided by the database which I guess happened to miss some beginning of the season transfers. And these players are locked in to their teams since then and they're not changed until next season or else it'll be unfair to people who have them already (and break the game system).

Next season, the same thing will happen. Torres will be in Chelsea and Ozil in Madrid but let's say Tevez decides to move to Real Madrid (lol) in the winter transfer window. Then he'd still be listed as a City player in Dreamfooty and then someone will complain that Dreamfooty is out of date.

Maybe I can make a suggestion to Footyube to maybe include a "current club" or "playing club" column next to the team column that shows which team the player is currently getting points for?
Good idea I guess

Kick4Life - changing lives through football