Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Transfer Window Profit
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
So with this new transfer window increasing the price of several players most of us have a few players that have gone up in price. For example: Dzeko was 8 million and increased to a whopping 15 million.

Anyways, so far I have recorded a profit of 30 million off the price adjustment. Only 3 of my players were left untouched.

Anyways I asked Matt and he said that we will not profit from these changes. If you were to sell Dzeko, you will only get 8 million from the sale. It is impossible to gain more than the 115m and 125m budgets
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
This is correct. If you were lucky enough to grab a bargain early, you will not get punished for it. Likewise if you sell a player that has since gone up in value, you can't get more than you originally paid
Mauijim (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I don't necessarily agree with the dreamfooty thinking here.
Why should players be sold at their purchase prices disallowing any increase or decrease from their original value?
Under the instances of players increasing in value, the team budget would increase and the user is rewarded for a smart piece of business.... Just as team owners are faced with in reality.
In the unfortunate cases of a player decreasing in value and being sold, the user then has to work with a smaller budget. What is the harm in that?
I understand a dreamfooty team could put themselves in the perils of operating in the red, but it would not typically be a manipulation of the user as it would simply be a force of market value.
And the punishment for such activity would of course be rectified at the next transfer window.
Let's not forget the bigger picture here.... Dreamfooty as in DREAM
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I Agree ^^^ !
Ltm017 2 years ago
I second that lol
Anhad (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Considering the DF started a bit late.... This increase in prices is absolutely spot on. Firstly people had a chance to see which players performed well the first few games and then selling them at higher prices would be totally unfair. This levels the playing field for those who didn't go for all the German players initially and looked at a more long-term strategy
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I suggested this 2 years ago, last year, and I'm doin it again now,
Gunnergreats4 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
I've been thinking this for awhile as well. Being able to buy and sell at a profit or loss would make for a wonderful new element in the game. I can't imagine anyone would ever operate in the red only because if one were to see that the player they have will not make a profit, they probably will not sell that player. Certainly there is a chance, but the game resets every season so it's not like you would be eternally doomed to having a poor team.

I think this would add an element of strategy that would be that much more fun. Not only does it make the game more like real life, but it still makes it dream worthy

And I realize this isn't the message board for it, but please just set the transfer windows for next year. Tell us exactly when they will be at do it. This game has potential for increased strategical use and player profit/loss and set transfer window times are two such ways.

However, I can't say this enough.... Thanks to everyone that makes this game run. So much fun
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Young, Silva and Rakovsky in. Abbiati, Krasic and Sanchez out. Not that I felt the former weren't going to do well, but I felt like I needed some points. Profit - more confidence, and hopefully, more future respectability. Who said it had to be financial profit?
I can see some peoples viewpoints here requesting that we make the game more of a fluctuating market with players prices rising and dropping based on performance. There are a few reasons why I feel it couldn't work, at least this year.

Firstly, it would change the entire attitude of the game away from site members trying to choose long-term solid quality players (as it is now), to people scouring the dregs of the leagues trying to find bargains for every single position. People would know that if they had a 3m player at the start in each position who went up in value, it doesn't really matter how they do for the first month because then they could sell them, spend whatever they earn from selling the players and buy Messi and Ronaldo for the rest of the game.

Secondly, it would be an absolutely massive overhead in work for the staff, re-evaluating every player for each transfer window. The knock on effect of missing a few bargain players would be huge and 90% of teams would snap them up when word got around the team forums. As it stands, if we underprice a player, it's not a huge deal. We have the option of bumping them up a little and not affecting anyone who has them already.

Finally, I think it would change the direction we try to make the game take. We don't aim for perfect realism, but we try to replicate a real league as much as possible. If a player breaks a leg, you should sell him and get in a replacement. You shouldn't be buying/selling a player because his price changed. It would almost become an agents game, not a managers game. Real life managers don't buy players at the start of a league with the intention of selling them in October.

Hope that goes some way to explain my own personal views on it
Also, as Matt said elsewhere, if you pick up a bargain player early, the advantage to you is that you have a bargain player. Adding the double advantage of then being able to sell them for a large profit would be a little too much to award especially for the players who did no research, but just bought the bargain players that everyone on their team forums were talking about,
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Ant hit the nail on the head.

The reward for finding a 'cheap' player is having that player in your team not selling him and making money.

The first season of DF had budgets that were increased directly by your fan valuation this led to a game where 90% of teams looked nearly identical as everyone could afford anyone.

The budgets are capped and players are priced to exist within this given budget. If we allow profiting from player sales this goes out of the window
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I was just thinking that doesn't the cap in the transfer windows somewhat limit the amount you can profit off of these players? You can only buy 3 players if I read the rules correctly
Well, you can sell as many as you like but buy only three players. So, if the transfer market with profits was running, everyone would have bought 11 players, 5 subs and a cheap manager, and sold 5 in the first window for a profit, and 3 every window after that. Even if you just made a few million profit off each player, that's plenty to buy a Messi/Ronaldo by the end.

I do think if we sat and thought about it we could make up something like this for next year but it is incredibly complex, especially for the workload involved. If we miss a player and underprice him, 100% of teams will have him if they spot him. Likewise, 100% of them will sell him first transfer window. We work hard to move away from the duplicate team problem. Everyone last year basically had Messi and Ronaldo. This year, only a small percentage of teams have one or the other, and even less have both.

Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I agree with you, I think the game would lose its value if one were to speculate on the price of some players. The objective of this game is to create the best team from the beginning (the transfer windows can help you make adjustments).
I think if prices fluctuate, some players might feel ripped off....
How to estimate fully the value of a player for resale....

Dreamfooty is fine as is, no need to change lol
Vika09 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
This is practically forcing us to stick with the players we originally bought.

Either the profits need to be implemented. Or more transfer spots are needed. Three spots is ridiculous when you're trying to upgrade a player.

I tried to get Rooney by selling three players and buying 2 cheap ones + Rooney. And I can't do it. Because I run out of transfer dealings.

Basically, everyone is pretty much stuck with the starting set. This is far from DreamFooty
If I sold Messi I could buy Rooney and two decent players, right now. The transfer windows are not about profiteering, but about fixing problems with your team. If you are trying to buy the likes of Messi, Rooney or Ronaldo in a transfer window you are doing the wrong thing. It is for swapping out a midfielder with a broken leg for a similar value player
Hittash (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Leave dream footy as it is don't need any changes.... Please
Suggestion accepted I think we're set up to have one of the closest and most competitive seasons since the game started!
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Now get the players in the right teams and on the right positions and then we're getting somewhere
24carrot (Leicester City) 2 years ago
I agree but often things are always "improved" or so they think so, but who knows it might be ok we shall see!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football