Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
To Those That Said That Coaches Would Be Irrelevant In Dreamfooty
Drdownundermum (Charlton Athletic) 3 years ago
My manager is on 59 points. Not bad when you consider, that I didn't have a clue what I was doing when I picked him.
Paulo Ferriera and Mr Drogba are my top peeps at the moment
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Yeah I think pep's not gonna' get a ton of pts from sub scoring. At least not as many as other coaches. Barca will almost always be in the lead so he's not going to need to make many offensive subs. On the other hand all the top coaches will get tons of points from wins+shutout+>3 goals, so it'll probably more than make up for it. I mean, when redknapp scored 43 pts in one game, that was nice, but I doubt that happens again this season.

Hithere, if I'd have only picked the right star players I'd be in the lead overall! Dammit why oh WHY did I star Rooney over Drogba?!?!
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Barca haven't been keeping a lot of cleansheets yet either so far though.... Darn.

Lol.... I admire your faith in Rooney but even I would have starred Drogba over Rooney.... Haha. But who knows, things might be different in the second half of the season (hopefully)
Faith? Next window I'm dropping rooney like a hot girlfriend that got fat. And Neuer's gettin kicked to the curb too.

Anybody else annoyed at those 100M players still holding down top 10 spots? *shakes fist angrily*
Man I want to remove Neuer too but I can't buy much of a replacement with 4m. I'd have to drop someone else too.

I'm more impressed than annoyed by those 100m players occupying the top spots
Check it out. Currently, all top 10 are coaches!

Disappointed with Pep so far though. I feel like I should have gotten Mourinho (my original plan) or Ancelotti for the same price.

Btw, I just realized that if I had gotten the Borussia Dortmund coach (83 more pts than Pep atm), I would currently be level on points with the DF PRO+ League leader!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Don't worry, one of the things you can be 100% certain about is that a team like Barça always will end up doing well. Last year the top players list consisted almost entirely out of Chelsea, Barcelona, Inter and a few Arsenal players (Fabregas and Vermaelen). This year will be different, but not that much I think
True I guess but the thing that I wish Barca did more of is a sub scoring after coming off the bench! Coaches like Ancelotti and SAF have already gotten a few points for super subs but not Pep so far
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
My problem with the coaches is that when I play this game, I imagine that I am the coach. So if I am the coach what I this dude doing in my roster. I am even paying for him.

So who am I now? This calls for an identity inspection. Maybe I am the owner of the club. I am Mike Ashley or the rich Arab. OK. But if that's who I am than give me the right to fire the coach, whenever I want, based on my baseless expectations
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Calm down, its not real! No-ones going to fire you
I can understand why you're pissed with your coach though, given West Ham's horrible performance so far. I'm glad I got Guardiola
Yeah I'm killin' myself trying to figure out a way to finagle enough money to get pep or mourinho or ancelloti next xfer window without sacrificing too much player quality. Redknapp's done alright, but I don't think he can keep it up
@Ant: that's what Hughes was told and then Mancini passed by for an innocent dinner.

@Hithers: Of course, you'd think I care about principles. It's just selfish me trying to cheat myself out of a bad investment.

@Sumdumfu: Everyone will go for them now, it will be a transfer mayhem
To mimic the reality, firing coaches should not be limited to the transfer windows. If City can fire Hughes in mid-season why shouldn't we do the same with them?

TheFootyFan (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yea coaches are going to influence a lot this year.... Allegri has already caught up with a few of my epl players their attack looks good just need that defence to improve
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I'm not going to ever take other peoples advice.... Lol I would be waaaay higher if I just stayed with my first choices!

I would also still have my 2 emergency transfers...
Yeah harry redknapp! Win(10pts) + 3 goals(3pts) + 2 subs goals(20pts) + 1 sub assist(5pts) = 38pts! Also have lennon and bale (5 and 6 pts respectively), so 49 pts from 1 game, not too shabby heh.

And tomorrow I have 7 players (hopefully) seeing action. Would've been 8 except valencia had to go and mangle his leg. But overall shaping up to be a nice, nice weekend haha
Drdownundermum (Charlton Athletic) 3 years ago
I made a bad mistake with my coach. I see that now.
I chose him based on personality.... Whoops!
Not a problem though planning to swop him.
Watch me kick arse next year. I have made every wrong choice possible
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Yea, my coach certainly influences my team. He is at -2 pts. Thank you bargain deals -_-
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
So does mine, guardiole and allegri lose 2-0 lol (- 2 points) but guardiola cost 22M grrrrrrrrrrrrr
I think Pep G will be great in the long run. Unless of course, Barca spectacularly flops this season.

As for "bargain deals" the worst has been 4m Neuer. Schalke is losing everything
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I notice my coach isn't up there either, but its early days, theres barely been a ball kicked in anger
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Current leaderboard of most points earned (including coaches)

Summary: 7 of the top 10 are coaches, which reflects their importance on a game

Kick4Life - changing lives through football