Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
The Bargains That Rose In Price - DF 12/13
Zhenwei (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Yea! I have been keeping tabs on the prices (I actually went to extent of copying the prices out to notepad) unfortunately, My limited knowledge means I won't know other players who changed pricing outside the Top 20's or if the player is on my team because it's too tedious to compare one by one player.

So, I would need help from all of us to keep note of the pricing.

Haha, I hope I could start a post on the players who went down in pricing though, haha. Can't see it happening any time soon though. Magneto said that the mods are considering that, so we may see some price dips, but I'm not expecting it to be alot, but even a little drop of 1-3m is good.

@jeroen: yea! Wellington would really have been a total bargain of a top defender in DF thus far
As many people have discussed, The dynamic prices seem to be more on the rise than going ever to drop. Just to note, last season all 3m players eventually became 4m towards the end. I believe the only advantages are getting the players early because they are never gonna' be sold at the same cut-down prices again.

Hope everyone had a happy Transfer Window!

Updating this list of price changes of recent Transfer window:
Michu 3m-> 8m-> 8.5m
Eden Hazard 10m-> 13m-> 15m
Welington 3.5m-> 7m-> 9m
W. Caballero 6.5m-> 8m-> 9.5m
M. Slomka 7m-> 13m
V. Petkovic 3m-> 8m
F. Giefer 3m-> 8m
Nacho Monreal 7m-> 9.5m
André Dias 6m-> 10m
G. Biava 7m-> 8m
S. Malezas 3m-> 8m
J. Van den Bergh 3m-> 8m
S. Huszti 4m-> 13m
Isco 7.5m-> 8m
Eliseu 5.5m-> 8m
L. Andreasen 5.5m-> 12m
M. Mandžukić 10.5m-> 11m
J. Schlaudraff 9m-> 10m

Not surprisingly, this list of players whose prices rose are from the Top 20's List, with Lazio Roma, Hannover 96, Málaga, Fortuna Düsseldorf being surprise packages early in the season.

Finally back to club football again
*celebrates end of international break*

Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Wow, you've been keeping track of the prices well!

Most frustrating of those changes for me is Isco 7. 5 > 8m. Because that little 0. 5m rise means I can't get him anymore
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Thanks for sharing that information Zhen, really nice of you! A bit depressing to see I missed out on a 3. 5m-rated Wellington though.... Damn, what a bargain! Love the pics you added too
Lol.... I wanted to reply to this but ended up making a new post.... Hahahaha Noob me lol

@hithere: Yup haha, keeping the lookout for bargains really.

I almost got Isco as well, hahaha he seems to be a starter, if I had extra funds would have got him on the team...
Isco is not just a starter; he's the star of Málaga. I told you, didn't I Zhen? Or was that not you?
Yup you did! Hahahaha. I did my homework too. By my old comment, I was saying he started all the games for his club so far this season.

Especially after stars like carzola left people thought malaga would struggle, but he is one bright spark for them. And not to mention, he scored a goal in their match that just went by and malaga won
OneTouch (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I got Caballero from Malaga for 6. 5 now 8 (might be risky but I figure keepers are always going to concede so I should go with a starting keeper that will play champions league and has a solid chance of placing in top 3-6 of league.... We will see...
Hmmm.... Very interesting option. Thank you. Any ideas for a 9m coach. I am stuck between Boas (TOT) Pellegrino (valencia) A pardew (newcastle) Pelligrino (malaga) and M Carerra (juve)

I see Boas and Pellegrino to be best due to amount of possible scoring/assisting substitutes but see Juve as getting more wins.... Any suggestions or advice?

Carerra, probably. I personally won't pick Malaga (they seem unpredictable) and to be honest, I don't know a lot about the Valencia squad.
Avb might be interesting but since they have only two strikers in Defoe and Ade (at the moment), I don't trust them much in terms of scoring goals. Or I might be completely wrong and Defoe will keep coming off the bench to score goals. No idea what their new signings will bring either.
Pardew might be good if Newcastle continues their form and do well in the Europa league. But it's hard to see Newcastle top last year's form, especially if they have a European hangover.

At the end of the day, Juve had a great year and everybody agrees that it's their title to lose this year. Unless something goes horribly wrong, I'd say Carerra is the best choice. But he's 10m now, right?
I agree on Malaga - they lost key players over the summer (cazorla) and new signings will have to gel before success.
Valencia has the same set up as spurs and relies heavily on two strikers.

I think you are right on with the Juve Call. That means I need to drop either João Pereira or A. Ranocchia and pick up a solid defender (same conditions as above for 3. 5)

I think its worth dropping a defender from 4 to 3. 5 so I can switch from AVB to Carerra.... ?
I wouldn't drop João Pereira. As for a 3. 5m defender.... Good luck! You might have to look in the Bundesliga for that
Thanks man, good advice. After watching this first half of the supercup, I may end up regretting selling Falcao (among dropping a better coach) whom I bought well before price increase so I could cram messi in.... The guy is a ruthless animal...
Same man. Disappointed I didn't get Falcao. I have a feeling the top 10 teams will all be Falcao + Ronaldo + Messi front 3. Unless one of them get a long term injury
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
You've got a decent midfield and attack mate, well done. Who's your keeper?
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I still don't get how people are putting messi and ronaldo together
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Pedro leon - getafe 3. 5 m defender
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Schalke's coach costs 9m
Does anyone have a recommendation for a (Currently) 4. 5 defender who will start and is either in Europa/Champs? .... Besides Joao Pereiera. Any advice would help?

I want to replace Cuellar (3. 5) and upgrade to 4. 5 defender....

Current team

- Boas -

Nacho Monreal - Kolorov - Carlos Cuellar - Joao pereiera

Cazorla - Hazard - Di Maria

Balotelli - Ronaldo - Messi
Ranocchia from Inter maybe?
I gasped when I read Ronaldo and then Messi. Now I think my team is s**t.
Cazorla rose from 11m to 13m.... WHY? He's a great player but after 2 goalless draws, his price went up?
Maybe many people are buying him?
"dynamic prices - Prices of players will go up and down all the time depending on performance and popularity. "
Double post  
Vidic11m to 14. 5m    I don't quite understand how vidic's price rose lol
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
He scored a goal last game
Tecko (Arsenal) 2 years ago
Naldo 3 mil to 7 mil
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 2 years ago
To be honest I am disappointed with the "dynamic price changes" so far. Although some major standouts (Michu, Hazard) have risen in price, I havent seen any price reductions as the description suggested there would be. I feel like maybe players such as Dempsey, Aguero, Rooney should have had prices reduced. Anyone else feel that way?
Hmmm, true enough, we haven't really seen anyone's price drop just yet. But I think we can expect it to increase more than decrease over the season.

Last season, there were 2-3m players at the start that all rose to 4m regardless of how well they played
I agree about the price decrease. Players like Rooney should definitely decrease in price
BlackAna (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I am pretty sure E. Elia was 4m earlier in the window, I was hoping to make some late changes and put him in as a bargain sub, but he is now 8. 0m, ah well.

Bargains that are available right now, which I had once decided to use but later switched are:

Edit: I made the hints even more vague now and removed one, since I may add them back.

-A manager in Bundesliga at a good club. (in Europa League)

-A Goalkeeper in Bundesliga, wears blue, recently acquired by his team. (might be risk since the team is inconsistent but he is very good and may help get clean sheets)

-A Defender in Bundesliga, who is the captain of his team. (cheap because of injuries last season, may be a risk)

There are more, but I will only posts these so I won't spoil it for some
Hints will be removed in about 8 hours or even much less.
Haha I think I know which gk you talking about. Theres another italy gk that's cheap too
Yea he is so cheap it's unbelievable, I would put him if I was short on cash
Defender is Howedes (sp?) of course  And I'm guessing that the manager is the Bayer Leverkusen manager
Adler from HSV?
Spot on Jeroen. Haha. I know about him only cos He was my top GK in Football Manager lol
Howedes is right, and so is Bayer Leverkusen, Adler is wrong. T. Wiese is who I was referring to but Adler is good, just that his team may not do as well as Hoffenheim, who knows.

I added more hints in the "Finding a Bargain - A Guide" thread
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Elia was 3. 5m. Although he's listed as a midfielder, he plays as a second striker a bit like Michu
Badge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Hazard: First change in price: 10m to 13m. He's now worth 15m! Holy crap!

Shinji Kagawa: 11m to 14m.

Coentra costs 12m. I think he was cheaper before, too. Not sure, though
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Coentrao was 9 million before
He's now hit with a ban of four matches
Already has served one
SongkyKong (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Fellaini 8. 5-11m
Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Fergusson 11, 5 --> 14
Bas Dost(Wolfsburg) 3 million - 6 million
I haz him it's a steal
Haha. I don't know aboutthis player at all! My knowledge of Bundesliga is still quite lacking
Wow 3 million, what a steal for whoever got him early
Well he is coming in from the dutch league. I had him for 3m but then sold him but decided to go back to him and his price had gone up by 3m. I didn't really understand this because he hadn't scored any goals yet where as michu had scroed 3 already and his price remained the same
Michu's price has gone up. And bas Dost did score, in the opening game. Also scored in the German Pokal cup before that
I didn't mean yesterday, a week back. Dost's price went up before he scored in the league. Where as michu who had scored in the league twice had the same price.

Whatever though I got michu when he was cheap and I don't need dost so its all good
I got Hazard at 10m and Falcao at 14m.  Another bargain imo was Welington, Malaga defender, for 3. 5m. Now he's worth 7m.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football