Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Substitutions Explained.
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
With the transfer window coming up fast it is time to answer some common questions on subs.

Q: Do my subs earn me points?

A: The players held in the substitute positions on your squad will NOT earn you points.

Q. Whats the point in subs then?

A: Subs give you a chance to switch in players that are playing and replace any injured players.

Q. When can I do substitutions?

A: You can do subs at any time but any subs you make will not be taken into account until the NEXT day. So if I swap a player in and he scores a bunch of goals the same day I will NOT get the points for the,.

The reason for this is our audience is worldwide and allowing players to swap between games wouldn't be fair on players who would have to get up at 3am. Also it would be a nightmare to organise our end.

These are the main points that have been causing confusion, if you have any other questions pertaining to substitutions post them here and we will do our best to answer them.
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Update to above post: Subs do not take effect until Saturday 10am BST to avoid dreamfooty managers getting too many points by swapping in players for midweek games
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
My question is kind of related to "when can I do substitutions". We have to change our player 1 day ahead of the match to get the points, so what would happen if a team plays on Saturday and and theres another team playing on Monday. Like today (Saturday) man city played and Liverpool play on Monday which means I could have swapped my striker on Friday to a city striker then on Sunday sub in Torres because he plays on Monday. This would earn me double points wouldn't it? Is this possible? If it is I would suggest that you guys switch it to have a time limit during which you can make subs.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
The thing about scoring the same day and it isn't allowed is sad man.... Why not? Thanks for explaining though I barely ever use my subs anyway!
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
But in the dream footy FAQ it is stated that the changes will take effect on Saturdays at 10am BST.
So which one is right? Next day or saturaday 10 am?
Brazilix (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Saturday 10am BST
Finland13 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Do my subs automatically replace injured or suspended players if I haven't noticed? It's kinda stupid if you have an injured player on the pitch and there was no way you could have known about the injury
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Nope, its entirely up to the manager to make sure his starting XI is fully fit and suspension-free.

The more attention and love you give to your dreamfooty team, the more you will be rewarded with success

If you want to keep ontop of available players, below are a couple of useful links for players' statuses (injuries & suspensions)

Premier League | La Liga | Serie A

Thanks!
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Darn! I have to many strikers that are scoring D:

Kick4Life - changing lives through football