Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
So Who Has Used Both Pro+ Emergency Transfer Windows Already?
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Is anyone like me? Too hasty, too panicked, and has used up both of their free Pro+ emergency dreamfooty transfer windows already? I convince myself thatI did the right thing, but I just don't know!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I used mine in the first two weeks, and I still have 7 players out including 2 star players, utter nightmare
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Lol Tony.... Was your team that bad in the first two weeks that you had to use both transfer windows? Or did you just use one?
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Ouch.... I feel for ya tony. No one deserves luck that bad. Well, except for the people ahead of me
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
I had to use both, as I got rid of dawson of spurs, 'cause he got injured, then someone else got injured, can't remember who.
But I currently have the following players out.... Vermaellen {star defender}, contento, ramos.
Midfield I have lampard {star mid}, valencia, and up front milito missing.
If it wasnt for cech and messi I would be well out of the running. I'm currently in the 600's, which isn't bad with all the injuries
Flatlander (Everton) 3 years ago
I've used both as well, reassuring to hear I'm not the only one! Injuries to guys like Valencia, Lampard, Kießling, plus some serious underperformers (I'm looking at you, Schalke). Sounds like a lot of us sat on Lampard as our star mid, then finally decided we had to cut him.

My ship has been righted for the moment, but there's a long way to go...
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I had to use mine, Valenica is out till next year plus he was a star player so I had to get rid of him
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yeah same with tony (had to replace dawson) and rob (had to replace valencia)

Now I need to decide who to get as a keeper, defender (replace silva, who doesn't play much, and milan doesn't get clean sheets) and midfielder/ extra striker
I remember you had Joe Cole and Evra. I guess it was probably a good move taking them out based on United not keeping a lot of cleansheets and Liverpool, well, struggling. And I'm guessing you added Bale recently? Spurs won't keep a lot of clean sheets but after that hattrick I don't blame you for picking him!

I have only used one emergency transfer window so far and I'm planning to hold out till after the November transfer window. I'm itching to kick Sagna and possibly Neuer out though
Guilty as charged. I was really sweating dropping lamps because they said he'd be out 2 weeks, but kinda happy I did now. Really my only bad decision was dropping ashley cole. Coulda used that to replace valencia. Oh well. Top 40 even with all my missteps by the first xfer window isn't too shabby I suppose
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Same here. I initially was very, very pleased with my choice, but then all of a sudden over half of them dropped like flies. I had to use one DF window. Then later on, because I kept Lamps, it was said he'd be out for another month at least. So because he was my star midfielder, and because I had 4 more injured players, I decided to use up my last window too already.

Bad luck really. Last year I kept both of them 'til the end but still ended in a decent position on the charts
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I have used both, but all in all I did the right thing. RVP was injured, so I put in Drogba. Dumped G. Milito on Barca for Ricardo Costa of Valencia. He has more starts. Milito is just riding pine. I also dumped Vincente at Valencia and added Nasri in midfield.

Been a little up and down, but now Poopy Pants FC was is 59th overall and 33rd in the PRO+ league.

My ascendancy has been simply breathtaking
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I just used it today, I don't know if it was silly of me considering the actual transfer window isn't that far away but I needed to do something after watching myself in free fall for the past three weeks. I think I waited too long before taking action but there are still 5 more games before the normal window opens so I thought I should use it instead of waiting even longer.

I finally decided to drop lampard (star mid) after ancelotti failed to give a definite timeline for his come back, same with vermaelen who is at least out for the next 3 weeks.

Tough fantasy league man. Maybe next year DF could do what they do over on the ESPN fantasy league - 30 xfers for the entire season, take it or leave it. It may sound a lot, but trust me it's not. I have 5 left and I'm in something like 8000th place
30 transfers is an incredibly large amount. Most actual teams maybe get two or three if they are lucky!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I like our system a LOT better. Only transfers in a given period of time, and a max of 2 in the PRO+ window, and 3 in the regular window. Last year I won, and my winning team still contained 7 of the players I initially picked in August '09. That's what a game like DF is all about IMO: predicting who will gather a lot of pts that season. Not about buying whoever is doing well already
Theshid (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I agree with the staff on this one
Totally agree with Ant and Jeroen. This fantasy football may not need a lot of active involvement as others (you can just pick 11 players and watch the points accumulate) but takes more "prediction skills". Also, I don't want to bother myself with substituting and thinking about DF decisions every week. I think about DF too much already and I'll go crazy with 30 transfers plus subs to think about!
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
I also agree with one exception. Pricing structure of players and the players offered needs to allow for the ability to have subs. Right now the only way to have subs, it seems to me, is to pick a bunch of players that don't play that much anyway. This is the case even if you are pro. If you look at the leaderboards, no one has any subs. That speaks so some deficiency in the system, I think
Well I didn't mean stick hard and fast to espn's system. It'd be open for modification of course. Like, instead of 30, maybe 15 for the whole season. I was more suggesting a structural change, so that we're not all twiddling our thumbs most of the time while sweating these games. I guess I like to be more actively involved in my teams than just screaming at them on the TV to shoot the damn ball and then whining about missing points on the DF forums.

Or going with what poopy suggested, make subs a more active part of the game. ESPN requires that you pick 15 players to ensure you have subs. Of course this is modifiable as well. I'd just.... Like to be more actively involved week in and week out is all
Last season, subs were far more achievable, but also the teams that had the most money won everything. This season, matt wanted to make sure that Pro+ users only get a small advantage, but not as much as last time. The trade-off was to say that the most money any team could have is 125m (I think).

Unfortunately this meant that subs are not a very realistic prospect, but next season we can discuss the issues and try to find a good balance. I'd like to have a few subs too
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I too have used both transfers. I made the dumb decision of setting up my team with subs thinking that I could sub them in and out. I found out quickly that it's impossible to do unless you sit at your cpu for 8 hours everyday mapping out the exact time to change players. My second change was replacing a Shalke defender and Valencia when he was injured.

Was the right decision so far as I am in 36th place, in striking distance of the money positions. Can't wait for the Nov. Transfer window though to purge Neuer and Roma defender, although Shalke is looking a little better lately
Theshid (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I already used both and didn't make smart changes (it's been like one month and a half now) I was hesitating between Etoo and Forlan and finally I picked Forlan ((((if I've picked Etoo I would be in the top 5 for sure oh well the league is tight and its good I'm sure we gonna' see some twist and turns with the transfer window approaching
PS: Have anyone notice there's 2 Rachid in the top 10 lol we represent to the fullest
I almost picked Forlan up front with Ronaldo. In the end I went with Ronaldo only with a 4-man midfield instead. And I'm glad I did!
I'm so surprised+excited at my position right now. I don't know how long it's gonna' last
Kylee (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I useed both emergency transfers windows and for me it was a bad decision. I had Neuer an Rakitic in my squad and schalke play totally crap so I was too hasty and kicked both out of my team. I buy starke (hoffenheim) and Pogrebnyak (stuttgart), so now starke is injured
For 1. 5 months and Pogrebnyak don't play becaus stuttgart had a new coach.... So I used the second em transfer window. I buy schmelzer and barrios, both Dortmund and I think that works. I mean I already works in my team thanks to messi and ronaldo. But its a long season and I'm a bad manager.... To hasty. Shame on me...
In my opinion anybody that's in the top 10 that're complaining are just showing off =P

Kick4Life - changing lives through football