S. Jung
M. Özil
N. Matić
Raúl García
S. Davis
Diego Costa
E. Džeko
Subs Bench:
Hey all, My biggest regrets were not picking Tanaka over Papadopolous when choosing my defence, selecting an English Player(What I was thinking at the time I'm not sure, but the only explanation I can gather is I really like the EPL, so there you go)[Lennon] when they have so much competition in the midfield anyway, but I sold him so whatever I guess. My 3 South American defenders were all selected based on research into starting defenders in qualifying matches. Dempsey is I think one of the best American players and in my opinion, the hardest working and most dangerous. I had a feeling that Chicharito would be a good pick for the money, seeing that he had just signed for MUFC and 2 beautiful goals later it seems they were right on the money. I almost picked Milito over Higuain, because he was cheaper and he had just been in top form for Inter. However, I quickly realized that Milito would probably be the Sub since he is older and probably rated lower than Higuain. I have loved watching Higuain score for Real and I think he is going to be one of the best soon, he just has to be a little more consistent in front of goal. Villa was easy for me, Torres just doesn't inspire the same confidence he once did after his tough season for 'Pool. An finally, Robihno, a player I don't really like that much, but he certainly has skill and has shown he can create as well as score this tournament with a fine showing in the games against North Korea and Chile. Never thought I would even break the top ten and I have been in 1st for 5 days now, unbelievable! Not one to gloat, but I am very happy and I wish the best of luck and positive spirit of friendly competition to all my fellow fantasy competitors
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Watch out I'm comin' for you.
Vorsah from ghana injured 3 games. Boateng from germany missed group games (star player) and a mistake on Uchida from japan who doesn't even play and still fightin baby. Your team is almost like mine so its gonna' be hard but we'll see
CescArse4 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Yeah I saw that, unfortunately for me I somehow didn't make any of my star players right at the beginning, if I had, I would have an additional 30 to 40 points, man if that makes the difference I will feel stupid. Feeling the pressure now, so good luck friend, we shall see!
Who are your star players?
Kiwoli (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
Top of the table without star players (even if it was only partly without)? Insane!
Papadopolous IS a good player, unfortunately Greece isn't a very good team
Yeah dude, I thought that Greece was decent since they won Euro 2004, but I guess that was either different players or a fluke. Nigeria, South Korea and Argentina, seemed like 1 very tough opponent at the time, bad call I guess. Mostly wish I had got a different mid at the beginning than Aaron Lennon, England was pitiful.... At least I was able to sell him and get the 10 mil
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 4 years ago
E. Tucker Kollman-Furnish, I think you've already won. We're all going to get more or less similar points from hereon in, the top half of the table isn't going to change around much. And you've got a handsome lead. So I'll say my congratulations now, before the adulation from the others drowns me out. Well done on a great game
Well Jimmy as much as I want to agree and as much as I appreciate the vote of confidence, as they say, it ain't over til it's over! I wish you the best of luck as well as all of my other close competition in the league. Much will depend on who people have as their star players and if they are defenders who keep clean sheets, especially nearing the end! Equally well done sir, Big up yourself!
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Don't talk to me about star players, mine were a waste of time, danny alves got a run out as sub in the first game, and played the next 2.
The italian forward gillardinho missed games and was s**t.
And david silva only played in one game, what a c**k up
Sniderrrr baaaaabbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy Holllland 2010 championssss.
Zizo top of the league tonight I hope
I'd like to send a shout out to all my fans around the world who love the beautiful game and enjoy this crrazy world cup afrikkka style
I really don't want you to win this competition. I think you will make a bad winner. And why are you talking about yourself in the third person?
I don't want you to win the competition either hehe. Its a competition so I understand. Why a bad winner? Don't hate maaayn. Enjoy the game. If I win it'll be because my boys Snijder and Villa turned it oooooon.
Goodluck
Don't worry, I'm not in the running. I think I don't want you to win because I don't like your style, and because I think you're a gloater and because you call players your boys. But this isn't important, it was a thing that perhaps shouldn't have left my mind, and I don't doubt my opinion will not affect you anyway. Tell me instead what you thought of Spain's last match
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Chill guys it's just a game it's not because there's money involve that you have to diss each-other
We are not dissin just exchangin thoughts hehe. Jimmy no hard feelings I'm not bloateng I was just excited I wasn't even in top 100 before so it was too much for me to handle especially after that game. Spain was allright Casillas saved them big time. They would have to step it up if they wanna beat Germany, sometimes they obsess with keeping possession too much they forget to attack and Germany will make them pay if they do that. My Oranje BOYS are gonna' win it though
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Four or five of my players have already gone home
BLAST FROM THE PAST
Jimmybreeze's dreamfooty Team
Unai Emery
R. Adler
G. Chiellini
Piqué
P. Jones
M. Musacchio
M. Marin
A. Yaisien
Jesús Navas
R. Barkley
J. Cole
L. Messi
Subs Bench:

Shame about Donovan, I really thought he'd take the US further than the last 16. But apart from that I like the rest of my players, especially the gem Mesut Özil. He has performed well for me in 3 out of 4 matches, like Van Persie who has a better and perfect 3 out of 3, and who's been quietly going about his business. I bought Messi in the transfer window because he's a protagonist who I hope has saved his best till last, although I do have doubts about his fitness. With this team I hope to finish in the top 25, in my mind I have already spent the reward money
AhmadSK (Barcelona) 4 years ago
AhmadSK (Barcelona) 4 years ago
BARBEQUE
AhmadSK's dreamfooty Team
B. Rodgers
Guaita
Íñigo Martínez
Maicon
E. Spahić
Y. Kaboul
Diego
Philippe Coutinho
N. de Jong
Cani
David Villa
M. Mandžukić
Subs Bench:
Shuds (Barcelona) 4 years ago

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I wish I had one striker only, considering that they people arent scoring much goals!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
         Please comment! Thx!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Most of all I love the kit:

But so far my team is doing pretty well. Gutted about two things though: that Serb who handballed in the most retarded way (in the last stage of the game) to give away a penalty and deny the team a clean sheet, -9 pts for Ivanovic. And the late, albeit rather deserved, goal N-Korea scored, again denying my DF team 16 pts, with Lucio as my star defender.

THE CUPID STUNTS
Jeroen's dreamfooty Team
Guardiola
Neto
P. Lahm
Alberto Moreno
D. Alaba
G. Chiellini
A. Romagnoli
M. Meyer
J. Hofmann
Á. di María
G. Bale
L. Messi
Subs Bench:
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago

Changed quite a lot to my squad
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Your lucky for picking a Switzerland player, I regret not getting senderos.... LOL I could have gotten him instead of Agger.... Damn this!
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Actually I kinda lucked out for Eggimann, he subbed in at the 92nd minute of the game for a purpose just to waste time, and I got 13 points from him
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago

I'm a bit gutted as i've only entered my team now and missed out on around 30-40 points :[

Also a bit gutted at leaving out Evra, because if I left him in I could have called my team "BetterLateThanNevra"

My punt is Robinho to keep up the kind of magical stuff he gave a glimpse of tonight
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Judging by the low number of goals so far, this is probably the right formation to go with. People who got 3 strikers are missing out on points, whereas teams with lots of defenders and midfielders are getting the clean sheets and assists.
But then this is just the first round, so who knows. Goals might start to come.

Edit: wow.... You managed to get 3 subs?
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Yeah, Criscito and Oezil were both relatively cheap so it left me enough to buy 3 first-teamers so as many players as possible can gain points as the tournament progresses.

Hopefully the WC does pick up, even though it won't be beneficial for my Dreamfooty team which I don't really expect to compete with given I entered it a week late

Looks like my pick of the tournament so far was the bargain Muller for Germany
Alexinho (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Maybe not now after 2 matches? I say your pick so far will be Stekelenburg, I think they will go through entire group stage not letting one goal inn
Do anyone know how many that is competing in the WorldCup manager here at footytube?
Not again, edited wrong message
Please put in team again :S
UgoDroPiero (Juventus) 4 years ago
Jeez alot of commentary  
Ye I didn't know that team would appear in some mystical way after I made the comment so I edited it to all those comments so people at least could see what players I picked, then the team appeared at the comment next day. Newbish by me
And ye, I am glad I picked 3 strikers even if most people think they are better of with only 1 or so. Just kind a stupid that I didn't decide to go with the team I first picked as there I would allready have like 224 points if I calculated correctly. :S And it would only have costed me like 1 million more, something that I had available when I saved the team. :S
Schaudenfreude (Watford) 4 years ago

Schaudenfreude (Watford) 4 years ago
Mambo Number 5
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Liking the super-Swede kit. It's everything you could ever want in a Swedish-based footy-kit (and furniture store, accept for the accursed -R)
Dvno893 (Barcelona) 4 years ago

Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I present yee
The Orange Clockwork:

In honour of the future world cup winners, the Netherlands Team is all but set. There are so many injuries it's really head-aching

Kick4Life - changing lives through football