Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Show Off Your Dreamfooty Team And Kit!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 months ago
Following last year's thread, here's the place where you can show off you Dreamfooty team and the kit you can design. You just need to write [ df]USERNAME[ /df] and [ kit]USERNAME[ /kit] without the spaces, replacing the word 'username' with your own username of course.

Here's the Cunning Linguists and my kit:

CUNNING LINGUISTS
Jeroen's dreamfooty Team
Guardiola
Moyá
D. Alaba
N. Subotić
F. Johnson
Guilherme Siqueira
M. Britos
M. Götze
G. Bale
I. Rakitić
S. Kießling
L. Messi
Subs Bench:
Rafael

Starting off strong in first place today ^^
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 2 months ago
Jeroen show your team.... At least what you have chosen.... Then we will follow your example
Badge (Manchester United) 2 months ago
Your team name made me chuckle
I always try to come up with team names like that, only to see the same name later elsewhere used in some context that was from years ago. I'm old school like that, or maybe very unoriginal

Last year it was The Cupid Stunts, apparently also a '70s band
Malik (Barcelona) 2 months ago

Ladies and gentlemen may I present you the winner of 2014/15 DF ' drum roll '

Jeroen !
FootballDoc (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 months ago
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 months ago
Dreamfooty Optimism (updated):  
Hahaha! Hithere, you always make me smile Don't worry, I remember that three years ago I had 750 pts from the bat (that season, the points from games played before DF kicked off counted too, so I made a team of mostly players who started off really well), leading with like 200 points over the number 2 and 300 over the number three. It turned out to be my worst DF season ever; I ended up 90th. Injuries killed me and I overdid it on starting with (mostly German) players in August.

Everything is wide open. The team you posted looks like it's easily a top 25 candidate too
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 months ago
I thought I was the only one who had Rafael haha. Guess not. Great team Jeroen
Bplittle (Liverpool) 2 months ago
Haha I have the exact same GK combo and lots of subs as well. I see a lot of people taking the risk on Subo. You think he'll get playing time? He's coming off of a serious injury and they have bought to replace/cover him. Also was skeptical of Britos starting time, but you have proven over the years and already this year that you know best!
Subo is vastly underrated, and the doubts people who don't follow the German league closely and doubt him understate that. Let's just say that Hummels and Subotic are to Dortmund what Ferdinand and Vidic have been to Utd for a long time. If he's fit, he'll play 85% of the games, even with great back-ups like Sokratis and Ginter. So, he's the most underpriced players in all of DF imho; a key player to get.

Britos played all preseason and seems to regain his spot as a starter. Granted, he's a little bit of a gamble, but many of my players are players I only have because they play a lot in August-September and may be sold in the first transfer window for others. It's all about optimization and min-maxing yo
Naushad (Mohammedan Dhaka) 2 months ago
Great Team man
Vmaestro (Real Madrid) 2 months ago

Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 months ago
How did you get your team to show as well as the shirt? I can only get my shirt to show. Cheers
It's quite simple, just type in the same manner as you did with the shirt except this time use df instead of kit. Eg. [ df ]username[ /df ] ps. Make sure you don't leave any spaces like I did because I only did it as an example
Thanks man and good luck!
You're welcome, thanks and good luck to you too!
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 2 months ago
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 months ago
Sweet! Nice one Sean
Thanks man ! Btw.... Where's your kit?
Jaguars FC    
Ooh very nice, liking your kit big time!
Cheers mate!
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 months ago
This is the kit of The Crybabies:    
Nice colour combo
Thanks! :r
My new threads! Woohoo    

Reminds me of some actual kit, looks nice
Best one so far. Congrats
Looks like Riverplate kit
Twk80 (Juventus) 2 months ago
Team: blackdog FC (100% Serie A base player)
BLACKDOG FC
Twk80's dreamfooty Team
M. Allegri
G. Buffon
M. Darmian
M. De Sciglio
Y. Nagatomo
D. Astori
M. Kovačić
G. İnler
D. De Rossi
G. Higuaín
L. Toni
C. Tévez
Subs Bench:
A. Poli

Star Player: Nagatomo, Pirlo & Balotelli

Change my kit as well....
That kit would've been pretty sweet without the logo; like a regular t-shirt I'd wear casually
Thanks mate...
Opps.... Now my team is 90. 9% Serie A base.... Lol...
Here is Arab money sponsored kit of team Barely Legal.    
Official kit of Badge FC

My team isn't very good so I won't post it. I got Ogbonna because he's worth a lot and therefore must be excellent as these prices are usually based on how many points they got last year. I'm struggling though because there's not much money to play with after you buy him.
But my defence is gonna' be rock solid y'all!
I'm not a fan of the DF pricing. Some average players from average teams are too expensive (I'm looking at you EPL players) while other players who are likely to be starters are way too cheap. I'm 100% sure that there are some 3 to 6m players that I don't know about who are actually starters and are gonna' score a lot of points. And people who have them are the ones who are going to be at the top end of the leaderboards.

Unfortunately, I'm not really that great at spotting out bargains, and it's hard to "course correct" in DF due to the limited number of transfers so I end up doing badly usually lol.

That said, I do like the almost "set and forget" nature of DF. No need to change the team every week, no 30 transfers a season or selecting a "captain" (star) player every matchday. Heck, you don't even need subs, if you don't want to! The first team you pick is the most important and you can just check on your team every now and then. Perfect for people who are too busy/lazy like me
EPL player are just too expensive. Need to have very good knowledge of the game to get the bargain players
Alekarmo (Arsenal) 2 months ago
First time I had a lot of thought on my team, hope I will do good))  
Here's the ugly kit of The Yankovic Express

Trying something new this time. New kit (combining different tiers), new team name (I've always picked the same before), and forcing myself to have some subs.

Edit:
Give me some feedback on this: am I crazy to have picked Bale as my main midfield guy over players like Robben, Ribery, Di Maria, Gotze, Hazard, Reus, etc?
I know he had some injuries but he was fantastic last season as well. Surely, he'll be as good or better this year? Hopefully no second season syndrome for him
No mistake imo. Bale can get the same amount of points as Messi or Ronaldo if he produces last seasons numbers. He didn't have a proper pre-season last year, and this year he looks like a beast in pre-season. He also had a good rest considering he didn't play in the world cup. I have him as my my midfield maestro too
Yeah hopefully. Fingers crossed!
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 2 months ago
L LIKE boobs FC    

I LIKE BOOBS FC
CJAYZZ's dreamfooty Team
José Mourinho
Rafael
D. Alaba
Guilherme Siqueira
T. Jedvaj
A. Ogbonna
G. Bale
Fàbregas
Hernanes
L. Messi
M. Gómez
Cristiano Ronaldo
Subs Bench:
Take out the spaces between the [ and kit
Messionage (Barcelona) 2 months ago
This is your error: [_/kit] (the underscore represents the space), remove the space and problem solved
Cool ty
Really like this kit!
Lol ty. It was meant to be likable
Naushad (Mohammedan Dhaka) 1 month ago
Nice kit
OMGOzil (Arsenal) 2 months ago
Didn't work for me    
St1or (Barcelona) 2 months ago
No squads yet?    
Lol. I don't think anyone will post their squad until the transfer window closes
I'll let you in on one secret player: Ogbonna. For a mere 75m, he's yours
I'll let you in on one of my secrets. I've picked Messi as one of my strikers
Laskabacsi (Liverpool) 2 months ago
Team name: Laskakaland  
Ajax' new home shirt!
Laskabacsi (Liverpool) 2 months ago
Hah, really ). Almost

Kick4Life - changing lives through football