Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Question On Upcoming Transfer Window.
N3razzurri (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
How many transfers (including selling and buying player) are you allowed? I still have few players I need to sell and buy and also make room to buy Valencias Coach!
N3razzurri (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Nevermind, as I was reading through the thread I saw someone else already had posted the same question. silly me!
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Just to confirm: sell as many as you like and buy up to three players. You need to have a full squad of at least 11 players to save the team
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I have Jesualdo Ferreira as my manager but he got kicked out, the manager that replaced him would get points in his place, cause I want to buy pellegrini but he does not appear
If Ferreira is your manager, and if he no longer manages a team in the four leagues supported (Eng, Ita, Ger, Spa) then you will recieve 0 pts for him for the rest of the season.

From what I can see, it looks like he is going to Panaithanaikos, in Greece, so ditch him
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Anybody know how long Inter's Maicon will be out for? Google only comes up with an injury, but not how long
" right back Maicon is around two weeks from fitness."

Link: uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12112010/2/italy-roundup-mi...
Thanks! Too bad that doesn't really make the decision to drop/keep him any easier for me with my other lineup problems...
Foos56 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Quick question: Why is there a limited number of transfers one can make during this window? I can see why it'd be limited for an Emergency Transfer Window, but not sure why for a public window. Also, why is the number limit an odd number? That's somewhat inconvenient
It's so you have to live with your choices and not just make over your entire team whenever you want. It makes the start of the season especially meaningful, so if you didn't, research, research, research for next season
It simulates the real world situation of a manager making just a few changes in every window, instead of replacing almost every player
Tough job you guys have, particularly putting up with the likes of my whining heh. I'll chip in a bit more the next time my pro+ due is.... Due. Heh.

Ok here's a transfer related question for Man Utd fans; should I drop Rooney or is he gonna' come back to last year's form?
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
His form will return but don't expect 34 goals. I personally would sell him for a messi or ronaldo if you don't have them. Those players don't worry about rotating squad and their attack is geared for them to score
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Drop him. Hoping his form will return to last year's form is wishful thinking. Best case scenario, maybe he'll score a couple of goals and end up with about 10 goals for the season but that's way below last year's tally. There are so many more players who will do better than him for less than his price tag like Eto'o, Tevez, Chamakh, Anelka and so on. And you can even get Messi or ronaldo for a little bit more
I should've been more specific - I won't catch up to you guys if I have all the same players. I. E. if I get messi/ronaldo, the best I'll do is stop freefalling down the leaderboards. My only hope is to have a player that scores points you guys won't be getting. So a better question is, how likely is it he'll regain the form of last year? unlikely? Extremely unlikely? Disney singing princesses and chortling villains unlikely?
I personally think he'll regain his form towards the end of the season but not anytime soon. Maybe he'll be back by the time the next transfer window comes along (when is that anyway?).

But It's impossible to tell. Things are just wild guesses at this time. I understand your point about having similar players. But then look at it this way. For the second half of the season, is Rooney likely to score more goals than Messi? I don't think so. Plus, he's your star player so just be careful. You have the potential to lose a lot of points.
So it's all up to how much you're willing to gamble on him
I think for me to get back into the top of the leaderboards I'd have to get lucky one way or another; it was just a question of how much luck I felt I needed vs how much luck it would take for Rooney to round back into world beating form. Only that, combined with long term injuries to Messi/Ronaldo would turn my season around. So, I kinda compromised. You make a good point about him being a star player - just because of that he has to go
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
@Sum: my strategy to winning is always to play it safe, even though I often take calculated risks. BUT, to play it safe in the best way possible of course. In dreamfooty, the most crucial thing is to know how points are distributed. Based on that, you should assess which players are most likely to score many of them.

For example, many people make the mistake of buying well-known players who are most likely good players, but who aren't likely to score many points here. A defender for example doesn't need to be a good defensive player to score many points. Marcelo from Real is the perfect example: in reality his defensive contribution is less than that of an average left back, but that doesn't matter in DF. The most important thing for defenders here is the entire team: a defender in Mourinho's Madrid is bound to score many points, no matter if his name is Marcelo or Carvalho. It's the clean sheets that matter, and those really are a team performance. That is why it would be silly to buy a defender like Carvalho, who picks up cards now and than and doesn't score often, when for less money you can have Marcelo. Both players play as good as every game, but Marcelo is much less likely to pick up cards and more likely to score, which means more points than Carvalho, even though the latter is the better defender.
For midfielders a similar assessment can be made, but individual skill is more important here, as assists and goals, very much an individual thing, are crucial for midfielders to score high points. Strikers are the only ones who depend on their own goal-scoring and providing rate for points, with the exception of the pts they get when the team wins. But even strikers with the same quality playing in different teams will of course score different pts. If you're surrounded by great players, you're bound to score more. And if your confidence is high, the goals will fly in. So based on those three things (individual skill, team quality, confidence/form of the player and of the team), you should pick your all of your players. It's also useful to check whether a player is likely to pick up an injury. For example: Robben is great, plays in a great team, was on fire last year, but is injured half the time.

I'm sorry if my rant didn't help you any further, because I assume you realised all of this yourself already. But those really are the only things to keep in mind when selecting players. You shouldn't worry about the people listed above yourself, because focussing on getting the best possible team is the only useful thing to do here. If that means buying Messi and making him your star like 50% of us have done, so be it. The chance of him doing better than Rooney (or whoever you want) at any given stage of the year are so high it would be stupid to take the risk and most likely end up outside of the top 100. You just have to accept some players are simply better and score the most pts in this game.

With lesser gifted players though, it is definitely a good idea to try and find the hidden gems. I've had a few of those last year, and they were the reason I won. Vermaelen for example, was one of them. I was one of the very few to have bought him right from the start, because no one knew about him. He (and Messi as my star, who not many people had last season) definitely made a difference. Right now the same is happening with Mats Hummels who I also had from the start.

So if anything, I'd suggest selling a few players that may not keep up their good form (Nani, Malouda, ....) and buy players you think could perform very well in the coming months.

Edit: holy s**t that was a longer post than I had expected it to be
Wow, thanks for the reply jer. Yeah I know about assessing the pts potential of each position. That's why I also picked up Marcelo from the start. A defender that started most of last season for RM? For 7. 5M? Autobuy, regardless of skillset. I also got hummels early on using one of my emer. Xfers. I'll probly also pick up Pepe for the same reason.

Best possible team for me is a tricky thing. I could get messi/ronaldo, but my dilemma is, are they really worth 5M more than eto'o? Eto'o is a proven scorer who seems to have found his comfort zone at inter, but that squad seems to be having some drama and I don't know if it'll spread to him.

I can't afford to drop malouda right now as I have serious injuries to take care of (Rooney/Valencia/Lennon/Maicon). With that 5M I could pick up Ozil/De Maria/Nani in my midfield. Or would it be better to just splurge on Messi/Ronaldo? I just don't know
Well, I can't answer your questions, it's all a personal decision. But if you want my advise, check some of the teams you're competing with. I myself like to have at least one sub in case a player is injured. And if you're playing 4-4-2, make sure it's a defender as a sub. That way, no matter which player gets injured (def, mf or att), you can always replace him by also adjusting your team to a new formation. Keep the 4-4-2 in case a defender gets injured, go 5-3-2 in case a mf gets injured, and 5-4-1 for an attacker
Wow Sumdumfu, you must have the worst luck. I noticed you dropped Rooney and picked Eto'o and now he goes to headbutt someone and gets banned for 3 matches. And Rooney is likely to start next match.... Lol
/facepalm....

The soccer gods owe me massive points come the new year man. Because this, this is just offensive. As if rooney and chelsea all of a sudden losing form wasn't bad enough. I mean really?!?!? Seriously? It's like they're punishing me for not picking their anointed ones, Messi and Ronaldo.
I just hope you don't go into Hulk rage mode if Rooney starts on a goal-scoring spree.... Haha.... You really should have picked Messi or Ronaldo though
I'm in this to win, not just to stop the bleeding. To that end, I had to take a risk - spend less for Eto'o, hope he can stay close to those two la liga clowns, spend the 8M I banked upgrading Redknapp to Mourinho in the next window. It's a long shot to be sure, but at this point all my options were long shots.

Sure it makes me envious watching them bag goals by the handful, but realistically all it would have done was stop the freefall down the leaderboards without the extra money to make a comeback. I think there's a decent chance Drogs and Eto'o will starting lighting it up again soon, so fingers crossed, I'll be breathing down your necks again come April or thereabouts. Still I appreciate the sympathy from your lofty point of view on the leaderboard
I think the best thing for you to hope for Messi and Ronaldo to catch a flu or something. Because even if Eto'o has a fantastic season and goes on to score 30+ goals this season, Messi will probably match that.

I finished 209th last year. I know how it feels looking up.... Lol
Eto'o keeping pace with Messi is only half the plan. That's just to stop the bleeding. The comeback will occur when I'm able to replace Redknapp with Mourinho next window, as well as a few other moves I was planning
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
To answer the two questions here:

1) Transfer window.
The transfer window will open after the team save on Saturday morning. So any players you buy will have their points added to your team from the Tuesday evening games onwards. Your original players will score points over the Saturday/Sunday and Monday games. A possible imporement for next season will see a 'team in play' window so user will be able to see very easily which players are live for them at any given time.

2) Player Value changes.
This season some players values have been updated so what happens if you sell them? You will only get back the money you originally spent on players so if you have picked up Neuer for 4mil and sell him you will get back 4mil onto your budget. This system is in place to reward users who picked hidden gems early and to avoid a migration of players so we have 10, 000 very similar teams
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Thanks for the detailed response.    Time to meet with my scouts....
I feel like the second point has backfired though. You wanted to prevent similar teams by placing "hidden gems" but now about half the teams seem to have Neuer and/or Allegri making them very similar
Matt (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
We didn't set out to place hidden gems we had no idea that Neuer or Allegri would amass as many points as they have had and were initially priced as such.
If we kept the prices the same then all teams with a spare 4mil would sign the bargains
Seriously? You guys didn't see that the manager for AC milan would earn pts on par with other league leaders?
Well, I'll be honest with you guys: when dreamfooty started this season, we (the mods) still had a shitload of work to do to prepare it all. Most of us were busy with work or university, some were on a holiday, others were still nourishing their World Cup hangovers.

We priced the players as well as we could, and all in all I think it costed us dozens and dozens of hours to do just that. I myself spent 2 half days pricing and comparing players. In our hurry, we mispriced some of them, the main one being Allegri from Milan. When we launched the game that news spread like a wildfire and soon enough most people here knew about it. After a week or so I decided to re-price him (even though the mods agreed not to change any prices after the launch of the game) to a more realistic 14m. Now we've done that for several hugely undervalued players as well, especially because most people will want to but the undervalued players in the top lists. Otherwise you wouldn't even need to do a bit of research to spot the bargains when you check the top gks/def/mf/att lists.

Anyway, most of the mods are sober now (with the exception of eternally drunk Ant who fell into a barrel of rhum when he was a child) so feel free to ask us anything within reason
I'll confirm the Allegri error in particular came from the fact that AC Milan got a new manager just about the same week as we were pricing the managers, so we priced the outgoing manager correctly and Allegri was dumped with a 'default' value if that makes sense. Out of thousands of players and managers, only about three were seriously badly priced and most/all are fixed now.

And to confirm Matts point too, whoever has the bargain players can only sell them for the value they bought them for so your team value can't exceed the max
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I'm going to go ahead and hijack this thread....

So I just noticed the price changed for allegri. He cost me 5 million, but now that he is in the top 20 for manager points, I see he now costs about 14 million. Does that mean that your team can be valued above 125 if you sell some players whose values have increased?

Seems like the obvious answer is yes, but I'm just curious.
I (and most other people) got Neuer for 4m. Now he's 9m or something I think. But if I sell him, I only get 4m back.
So the answer is no. And I had no idea Allegri cost 5m. It's been 14m for a while. He's earned as many points as my 22m Pep Guardiola. Man, that sucks.

And I'd like to know to answer to MrPoopyPants' question too. But I think the sold players will still get points for you for the weekend matches. But that's just my guess
Off topic, but I for one would like to know the criteria for changing player values. This isn't covered at all in the FAQ as far as I can tell
MrPoopyPants (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Window opens on the 13th which is a Saturday. I am sure changes won't count for Saturday games, but what happens when you change a player who is playing Sunday. Roster change won't kick in till Tuesday, so will your old player still get stats if they play on Sunday? Am I being clear?

Example:
Change out Player A for Player be on Saturday.

Player be won't go into effect until Tuesday, so if Player A plays on Sunday will his points be counted? Or will he be considered off the squad?
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
You will still get the points for your old player, until the new player has kicked in, so you won't miss out on points

Kick4Life - changing lives through football