Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Post Your 12/13 Dream Big In Dreamfooty Team!
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 2 years ago
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Great effort reid
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
FUTHA MUCKERS
Matt's dreamfooty Team
Guardiola
A. Begović
G. Cahill
R. Bertrand
K.Trippier
Alberto Moreno
J. Rodríguez
A. Candreva
Koke
Cristiano Ronaldo
G. Pellè
S. Agüero
Subs Bench:
The team name warrants a ban.... Lol
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 2 years ago

Guess I'm one of the few that didn't go for the leo/CR combo

Will have to see if it will be enough to compensate their point intake with a balanced team ^^

Bit scared about mexes and villa getting playing time and de gea didn't play yesterday....

Ohwell what are emergency transfers for ^^
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Interesting team. Very unsual.... Haha. I see you went for a super midfield rather than the ronaldo+messi combo. How much did David Villa cost? It's early but it seems like a risky choice for a star player since his game time is uncertain
Villa was only 8 mio, had sanchez before but he was 10. 5, ill wait and see if villa doesn't play ill have to switch some things around.

Yea mainly because middlefield players also get clean sheet bonuses, I tried to take MFs that score and assist alot
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
That midfield looks menacing, but the thing is you have to have great star players in all positions. Can't really spare expenses on them. Villa is a great player, and he'll probably be a great 8m buy, but not as a start striker I fear. My star players combined are worth almost 60m
Yea I might need to reconsider villa or go 442
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I definitely agree with Jeroen. I saw your team and thought you wasted a star on Villa
Well I'm 48th now creeping up slowly just need ribery to actually get some assists and I can maybe reach for top 20 I would be more than happy with that^^ Villa seems to be gettin in shape aswell.... I might actually need to sell Özil....
Yeah what's with Ozil this season?
I'm not sure, I havent been able to watch many Real games only a 2-3 maybe, but even in the German squad he seems more lethargic than usual. One would think the modric transfer would motivate him but he doesn't seem to be gettin much playing time, he played quite well today in the halftime he got
Besties babes    
So you have faith in Shinji eh? I'm surprised you didn't get another United player, like Rafael, even though I know you're not too fond of him
3 out of the four defenders never even played this weekend, or robben in midfield.... Great start.... Lol
Its a marathon not a sprint
One of the most important things is to make sure the players you select will actually play all the time Tony, but you probably know that and didn't really care to look that up. I once again went on my yearly search for new names in football who would play most games and found several. Because of the increased budget though, I was able to get a team of superstars anyway, with only 3 players who can be considered real bargains in my team
Your team looks really strong mate, but if you get two or three injuries to major points scorers, your fooked, that's what put me off picking the big names.
That's the gamble
Yeah, I agree, haha. But I've been so unfortunate with injuries in the last two seasons despite having back-up for them, I've decided to just go all-out on injury-prone attacking midfielders. All or nothing, basically
You mean your going "balls out" this time around.... Lol
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Nice team tony, the front 6 and fergie should get you a lot of points. As jeoren said, your defenders arent all guaranteed starters, but I imagine they will get decent tallies anyways with squad rotation. Just need to get lucky with injuries, especially with robben
The points don't really lie with the defenders, so I'm not too worried
MERCINARIES FOR HIRE
Soccerisfootbal's dreamfooty Team
L. Favre
Rafael
A. Cole
Rafinha
N. Subotić
S. Lichtsteiner
G. Bale
A. Robben
M. Pjanić
Cristiano Ronaldo
L. Suárez
P. Aubameyang
Subs Bench:
José Gaya

Only time will tell if it was a smart idea to have a sub versus maximizing my defense/midfield.

So far not so good lol
I'm sure with Falcao+Messi+Ronaldo banging in goals, you'll be fine. A lot of people have Michu but surely, he can't maintain his form?
Tasty team mate
I was so convinced huertaux was a starter! He did really well in france, I hope he gets regular playing time. Unfortunately I'm a bit impatient. Ill wait a week, if he does not start/participate in at least two out of three matches ill sell him and this dodgy keeper lol.

Thanks tony, just hoping things work out. A lot of my players were popular, just hoping to avoid injuries and get good value for the risk players I took (heurtaux, brkic, carrera, piris, and ranocchia, basically all my defenders and goal keeper)
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 2 years ago
Originally I had a 5-3-2 with ron and falcao up top with michu as a sub because with that formation one midfield sub could replace any injured player in combination with changing the formation, but then berbatov became a lock starter for 7M and I couldn't pass it up, nor drop falcao or ron, so most of the year i'll be playing a 4-3-3 and crossing my fingers that clint can find the same form at tottenham that landed him on the DF leaderboard the last few years
Badge (Footytube Moderator) 2 years ago
I saw your lineup and I was like, hmm.... Not bad, not amaaazing either....  Then I saw your bench! Pheeew! Strong team mate!
I think you took two big gambles on Berbatov and Dempsey. If they turn out great then your team is rocking. But Messi is still gonna' be the top points earner (unless something horribly goes wrong) and it's also a big gamble not having him.
Also I thought about getting Lichtsteiner but I keep hearing reports about him being linked with PSG and I feared he'd go so I didn't get him. But I think he's safe now
Yeah my normal starting lineup would be

Lichsteiner - rannochia - pique - perreira

Di maria - dempsey - hazard

Ronaldo - berbatov - falcao

Michu and hoogland on the bench. Much stronger than what I trotted out for week one since falcao and hazard didn't play. Dempsey's a definite gamble, but I love my USA players heh, but I honestly believe berbatov will get me minimum 15 goals if he stays healthy. I don't believe that's a gamble at all.

Value-wise messi is no better than ron. He'll score about 10% more pts but he also cost 10% more. We'll all pretty much get the same value from our star players; it's the cheap picks that will make or break us, and I believe mine are pretty strong. It's dempsey that will make or break me I feel. I could've played safe and gotton gotze or sneijder and be a lock for the top 100, but I needed to take a risk to break into the top 10 and clint was it
You did a fantastic job, I'm impressed
MUTDtillDEATH (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I Hate my Keeper    
The messi. Ronaldo, falcao combination seems popular, and we can see why.... Lol
Only problem is if one or two of those get injured you could end up playing catch up.
But as I said above, that's the gamble of not taking subs.
Good luck
Lol half our team is exactly the same. I took a gamble on getting a sub and weaker defenders though. Will be intersting to see how we fare when the dust settles. Good luck mate!

I really tried to balance my team out and am pretty happy with it. I got all of my players when they were cheap, I made my team on the 2nd day DF was open. Up until the last day I had De Gea, Schwabb and Luuk De Jong but sold both and replaced them with Viviano, Vertonghen and Jovetic because some little birdie told me to go with my gut feeling.

Happy with both of my subs and my 11 players. I am pretty happy contemplating rotations as well for everyone
Pretty good team with a few potentially good players not picked by many. If your two Fiorentina players do well, you should do quite well
Yeah I liked the moves which Fiorentina did this summer so I thought I'd take a gamble on them. Jovetic already has 3 goals in his campaign so that is a decent start
BlackAna (Liverpool) 2 years ago
BANANS
BlackAna's dreamfooty Team
Luis Enrique
O. Baumann
Javi Manquillo
N. Subotić
K. Papadopoulos
G. Bale
K. Bellarabi
Philippe Coutinho
M. Kovačić
S. Jovetić
Cristiano Ronaldo
L. Suárez
Subs Bench:
P. Lahm
Not expecting too much with this team. I've got a risky manager, card-happy Pepe, everyone-else's midfield and a never-scoring-chances Suarez.

I am happy with Buffon though
I like Laudrup if Carrera wasn't so cheap and I maybe would've gotten him.

Suarez isn't terrible, how much did he cost? I honestly never really thought of buying him because there were better available players imo.

I also wouldn't have gone for Alves, probably went with Pique instead if I was going for a Barca defender although Pique isn't going to start every match while Alves probably will. I guess that could be worth that extra money
Suarez was 14m, I got him because I wanted to have at least one Liverpool player on my team. I would have gotten Carrera but didn't realize he was so cheap early on. I went for Alves because he should get more games than Pique and is more likely to score a goal, the same with Alba.

I probably wouldn't have gone with my midfield choices if I knew they would be so popular. I think almost everyone has at least 2 of my midfield players
Rkomupatd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
My DF team:      All the best to everyone and thanks @Hithere for the help!
Use (DF)Rkomupatd(/DF), replacing () with square brackets [
Cjayzz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I LIKE BOOBS FC
Cjayzz's dreamfooty Team
José Mourinho
Rafael
D. Alaba
Guilherme Siqueira
T. Jedvaj
A. Ogbonna
G. Bale
Fàbregas
Hernanes
L. Messi
M. Gómez
Cristiano Ronaldo
Subs Bench:
   If anyone is still interested
You like stripes.... Lol
I wish my midfield was as good as yours.

Oh wait, I have the same midfield. Hooray for the both of us! Now let's hope the 10% chance none of them gets injured occurs
Cebolla (FC Porto) 2 years ago
Theshid (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Theshid (Liverpool) 2 years ago
SAHEL FC
Theshid's dreamfooty Team
G. Monk
M. De Sanctis
Jordi Alba
L. Bonucci
Gabriel Paulista
B. Ivanović
A. Cole
Fàbregas
M. Kovačić
Bruno
Cristiano Ronaldo
L. Suárez
Subs Bench:
Laskabacsi (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Doublepost, sry
LASKAKALAND
Laskabacsi's dreamfooty Team
W. Mazzarri
B. Leno
S. Lichtsteiner
T. Jedvaj
M. Hummels
D. Alaba
I. Rakitić
G. Bale
Fàbregas
R. Lewandowski
Diego Costa
J. Hernández
Subs Bench:

I've created my team before I had pro+. After the upgrade i've sold stramaccioni and sciglio for mandzukic and heynckes, the rest stayed the same.

I took a gamble on not going with the messi/ronaldo/falcao combo not including any of them in my team.

Unnerstal: pretty decent choice imho for 7m. Schalke look quite solid and I'm hoping the best regarding him
Subotic: borussia perform very well in the bundesliga year after year and he is one of the pillars of their defence.

Lahm: one of my favourite players, he is my star defender. No explanation needed

Luiz: I hope he will be worth the 11m I payed for him. Chelsea have a solid defence and should win alot of games this season. Was a tough choice between him and ivanovic, but in the end I went with him because of the price.

Jenkinson: a real bargain for 5m imho. Very promising player with an attacking mentality.

Cazorla: he brought back the flair in arsenals play this season. Expecting alot of him

Pirlo: one of my favourite players all time. He is my star midfielder, and yes, I'm biased

Asamoah: a very versitle player with great attacking capabilities for juve. I'm expecting alot of points from my pirlo+asamoah duo.

Sneijder: bit of a gamble. Hasnt played much lately but he is a top class player. I really hope he gets playtime and turns out to be a good deal

Mandzukic: fairly cheap for 11m taking into account that he is likely to get more and more playtime and he is a very good attacker with alot of goals ahead of him.

Rvp: currently my favourite attacker, I hope he can bring his A game at united aswell. He is my star attacker.

Well, what do you guys think?
A pretty well rounded team, with a lot of players not picked often but still bound to get points. Also the Bayern manager should get you lots of points. Since you're in the top 10 already, I say your team is doing well!
Thank you I just really hope that Mandzukic and RVP will keep scoring goals. Else my decline will be swift
This looks like an awesome team, 3rd place nicely done.... Just have to hope once Gomez is back mandzu keeps up his scoring^^

Kick4Life - changing lives through football