Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Oy Vey...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
So has anyone else had such rotten luck so far? I picked a team consisting of these players:

Neuer
Maicon* - Hummels - Höwedes - Cole
Valencia - Xavi - Lampard* - Marin
Messi* - Tevez

First bad thing that happened was the injury of Maicon, missing all but one Inter games so far. Then Höwedes, usually a rather fair central defender from Schalke04 that doesn't pick up a lot of cards, gets a red and a 3 day ban. On 14 Sept. he gets another red in the Champions League game against Lyon and probably now also is banned in at least 2 champions league games. Recently Lampard had a hernia fixed, and he's been out for 3 (or 4?) games so far. Neuer, the Schalke goalkeeper, kept the most clean sheets last year in Germany, but now Schalke have incredibly lost ALL of their games so far. Last week, Antonio Valencia was involved in an unlucky duel where the defender fell on his leg and broke his ankle. Injured for half the season.
And now Messi, who never is in bad form it seems, gets torpedoed by Ujfalusi by a reckless tackle clearly out of frustration in the final seconds of today's game:

And now poor Leo is out for God knows how long.

What rotten luck. Neuer having a very bad time, Maicon injured, Höwedes picking up red every game he plays resulting in bans, Valencia out for months, Lampard out for several games, and now Messi for possibly months as well. More than half the players of my team are somehow seriously under-performing or having the worst luck by getting injured. I've already used a PRO+ transfer window 2 weeks ago, but probably have to use the last one already. Last year I still had both a month before the end...
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Its about time someone else got some of that sweet sweet prize money J!
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I can sympathize with you on the Neuer case. I think like 50% of DF players including me got him for his dirt cheap price but now Schalke is ridiculously useless. I mean, Neuer didn't even get any points last weekend (full game - 3 goals conceded)!

Looks like Messi's gonna' recover quickly though. I tell ya, he's a cyborg! They're probably gonna' ship in a new Messi model in two weeks - faster, better and stronger
@Ant: but I need the moneys! Who will pay for the removal of my brain tumour? Who will feed my severely ill little sister? What will happen to my HD Supreme television set with Dolby surround 7.1 and matching massage chair?

@Hi: yeah, Neuer has been a total waste of 'only' 4m: 6 games and ALL of them lost, that's just unbelievable for a Bundesliga vice-champion that kept the most clean sheets. And Messi is just something else, you're right. Not only blessed with more talent than a whole good squad combined, but apparently he's almost invulnerable too. After such an atrocious tackle I would've broken my ankle and been out for months, just like Valencia from United.

Link: twitpic.com/2q2obv
*shivers*
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Who did you sell and buy with your first emergency transfer window?
Neuer really does seem like the worst buy but schalke did win one game, jeoren.

Hopefully messi will recover quickly otherwise I would have to use one of emergency windows too! I guess it will give me an opportunity to get rid of neuer
Hithere (Manchester United) 4 years ago
The problem with Neuer is that it's almost impossible to sell him and buy another player! You'll only get 4m back and who are you gonna' buy? You'll have to sell another pricey player as well and get two average players.

I'm gonna' stick to Neuer for now and just hope that Schalke turns things around. At least don't concede more than a goal per game so I can get the 3 points per game!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ah yes, the legendary predictive pricing scheme. Everyone was laughing at the DF staff for setting Neuer at $4mill, but who's laughing now?1 Mwa-ha-ha!

In other news I haven't used any emergency transfer windows yet
@Gerrard4ever: Not sure any more, but I think in my first PRO+ transfer window I bought Allegri and Ramos after I sold Vermaelen (injury....) and Rafa Benitez

Kick4Life - changing lives through football