Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Next Transfer Window?
Jaeseungeee (Liverpool) 2 years ago
WHEN IS IT?!
Hittash (Liverpool) 2 years ago
You have to wait for 5 months to open next transfer window. If you are a PRO player you got 2 emergency TW
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
This is not an accurate answer. The transfer windows happen when Matt feels the game needs a chance to even out, and usually match real life transfer windows. Not always though.

Hittash is correct in saying that Pro+ members do get extra free transfer windows and more budget - and of course are eligible for the cash prizes
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Next window is febuary
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
Ask MAtt from staff quote:" No one knew about the transfer window until I announced it. "    C:
ReneAdlerIsGod (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Even though it's in the past, I really do not understand the idea of opening the transfer window a month after the season started

Dreamfooty opened in august, first transfer window opened in september.... It really did do more damage than good.... This way, people who stacked their team with bundesliga players have already played upwards of 5 matches, when the serie A and la liga did not even start yet. Then they could sell the bundesliga players and stock up on italian and spanish players, in which the season started later, not mention it lasts longer than german league.

Usually at this time last season, the first transfer window of the season opened
Acphenom (Borussia Dortmund) 2 years ago
I don't see any problem with that, it's a smart tactic and I wish I'd used it more fully in my original team selection Nevertheless I do wish that the transfer windows were scheduled rigidly, rather than them being sprung suddenly and arbitrarily
Well, everybody is in exactly the same boat. The staff are ineligible for prizes, so its not like we get an advantage, and Matt doesn't even tell us when they will open

I do understand your point though
Bplittle (Liverpool) 2 years ago
The transfer windows really need to be set up beforehand and available for everyone to see and then stuck to for there to be any fairness and tactics
No-one gets any advantage for them not being announced because everyone is in the same boat, but as per above, I do understand your point
Mauijim (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I may put forth an argument that it may in fact not be as fair as perceived.
Correct, everyone is in the same boat and as such no advantage is gained.
But is there an advantage lost?
As a pro+ player, we have emergency transfers. That is a "purchased" advantage over the non pro+ players.
Without knowing when the transfer windows are, it is all but impossible to strategize and make proper use of those emergency transfers.
It's a crap shoot really. The transfer window may open up right after the use of an emergency transfer. Then it is wasted, and provides no advantage over the non pro+ members.
I don't believe the intent of un-announced windows is to neutralize the pro+ players but I would argue that it does take a bit away from them, more so than the others.
I would prefer to have predetermined transfer dates as it would add to the dynamic of management.
Just a thought
SimonHang (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I'm surprised we haven't got an open window yet. I thought we'll get one now and one after the january window. So what now? I'm sure we won't have an open window in december (right before the january windown) or one during january. Waiting for February to come is too far away. I don't want to use my last emergency window yet
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
You must've missed the one that was at the end of September. The next one is only in February, as the mods decided to mirror real-life transfer windows now
Nikhil19 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I heard it will open when the real world transfer window closes. True?
No it will be febuary
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
So he's correct, cause in february the real life transfer windown closes...
Oh sorry I misread that, it will open right after the real window shuts
But surely that's better, what would happen if you buy a player in the first few days of the real window, and then he moves to paris st german, you've lost him, this way all the transfers will be done and dusted, and you can't make that mistake
Nikhil19 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Cool! Thanks for the confirmation Tony!
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Waiting for the window to open...
Transfer window opens tomorrow
Adg05d (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
When is the next window? If any?
Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Is there going to be a enore transfer window? If so, when?
1 weeks and nothing?
?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Sorry franboy totally missed this thread.    There are no more general transfer windows for this seasons game.
It is a shame because I thought like last year, there were three transfer windows. This year only two transfer windows! One of which was in August? September June -> one transfer windows.
It strongly influences the game but hey it's the game.... I hope that I will keep my lead lol
For next season I think it would be nice to set the dates of transfers before the start of the season. Otherwise we use our emergency transfer without knowing when the next transfer window.
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Franboy your wish is my command! It has already been stated that next year we will post the dates of the transfer windows at the start of the game then everyone can plan their team moves
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Sucks b/c one of my star defender is injured. Should had saved my emergency transfer window
This is a very good change, thank you.  I hope the injured abidal not make me lose the game lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football