Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Need Help For Dreamfooty Player Choices? Ask Here!
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 2 years ago
What were some of the choices you guys were agonizing over? I like to think I wasn't the only one pulling hair out over whether to go with 10M for Higuain hoping he could score like he did 2 years ago, or a more sure bet with KJ Huntelaar. Or 8M for Bojan Krkic hoping he could replicate the form that barca saw in him. Man, I coulda done some real magic with just a few more million pounds!
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Yeah, I had a better team in mind too, but lacked 2m, and there really wasn't a single possibility to get another 2m without making my team worse.

I did make a pretty costly mistake so far though: I thought all EL and champions league qualifying games counted, which they didn't. That explains my two Atlético players
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 2 years ago
Well, I yesterday found out Mexes was out for maybe another 2 months so I had to make a quick change, Toprak came in but there are still question marks over that choice. Sumdumfu, could you tell me more in depth about Luis Enrique's style? I was tempted by Roma's Stekelenburg, but their defence seemed a bit shaky. I don't know if Luis brought a little bit of stability in that sence. But Bojan looked great in pre-season, there were quite a lot more players I would have liked to have too, one of the emerging talents of 2011-2012 season
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Didn`t know who would start more games higuian or benzema. Went with benzema in the end just because he started the two super cup games and scored one and assisted one. He looked pretty good too and jose had some good words for him during the pre season but I just have that fear that I made a bad choice and will have to use a emergency window after a month.

Also it was hard deciding I wanted a balanced squad or messi up top
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 2 years ago
I went with messi up top because I'm pretty sure two 15M players aren't gonna' score me 50 goals/20 assists.

Jimmy I don't know much about AS roma, I just knew that barca castoffs are likely to do well on lesser teams, and bojan seemed like a really good player even when he was at barca, but huntelaar's hot start was just too good to pass up
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Error:
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You seem like errors a lot
LordLloyd (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Error 118593vac06.  Please call 1-800-dreamfo for assistance.
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hello, you have reached footytube Headquarters.

Please press 1 if you have an issue with dreamfooty
Press 2 if you need to go Pro+
Press 3 if you have a rat infestation
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
You guys do rat exterminations too? I've got a customer for you then. Call Florentino Pérez, he'll happily receive you
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I think this will be of help to a lot of people now so I'm gonna' bring it up to the first page again
Hithere (Manchester United) 3 years ago
OK, I figured I revive this thread.
I'm sorta itching to open one emergency transfer window. I know it's early but it's better to maximize the points you get, right?

Anyway I'm thinking:
Sergio Busquets OUT -> Mascherano IN
Chiellini OUT -> Ashley Cole IN

Masherano will get more playing time than Busquets, right? And although Chiellini is good and plays pretty much every game, I don't trust the Juve defence. Chelsea is likely to keep more clean sheets. So any opinions?
TheFootyFan (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Well as it plays out right now Busquets has been getting more pt he started today against atletico madrid(kinda of a big game) and started against racing and panathinakos

Masch though has only started once against hercules which they lost came on as a sub in the 79th for xavi against panathinakos and came on the 90th against atletico for iniesta

If I were you i'd stay with Busquets but since it is early on in the season we still don't know who Pep is going to use more in that central mid it might be good idea to wait a bit more to see who starts more

On the subject of Chiellini and Cole i'd pick Cole he helps on the attack alot more, with Chiellini you probaly just get cleen sheets but with Cole he'll give alot more to the big picture with assists and goals plus Chelsea's defence is better as a whole than Juves and that will give you more cleen sheets with Cole too
Thanks for the insightful response!
But I've already made my emergency transfer:
Sergio Busquets OUT -> Darren Fletcher IN
Chiellini OUT -> Ashley Cole IN

You're right, we don't know how Pep is going to use Masch and Sergio Busquets. So I think I made the right decision to buy Fletcher instead. Plus Busquets doesn't seem to be an assist or goal scoring kinda player
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ok, so lampard is going into surgery. Ivanovic is out for a back injury. Boateng is out with a knee injure. Rafael is not getting playing time. Who should I sell? Which two players? I think lampard is out for 2 weeks? Anyone know how long boateng and ivanovic will be out for?
I just gone PRO and need to use my emergency transfer right away...
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
I've got a similar problem: my star defender (Maicon is injured and hasn't played Inter's last game and could be out for a while), my star midfielder (Lampard) and a defender I have are all out injured. But always take a look at how serious the injury is: I'll definitely not sell Lamps because he's only out for a week or 2. Maicon's injury still remains a mystery, but so far I'm not going to waste a DF transfer window on it. I'll remind you that last year I won with a pretty nice margin despite only being about 500th in October. The whole season is still ahead and you may regret already using that transfer window
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
Jeroen I am sitting on maiccon and Naldo from Werder bremen. Your advice is spot on though you really have to wait and see before making any rash moves for sure
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Get Javier Henandez - bench him.... And wait
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
Hey since Özil went to madrid now, I have Khedira and him in my lineup.... Sort of thinking this might be to risky as both most likely won't play alot?

What you guys think should I use one of my emergency windows and change it up? I mean Khedira might be able to get quite a lot of playing time as the 2nd DF midfielder but don't see özil playing too much?

Just seems like a very high risk...
Franboy (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It's risky but the risks can make lots of points if everything works well. I imagine a midfield consisting of: di maria - alonso - Khedira - Ozil. In this case you will be very strong. But it is true that Ozil is expensive, malouda play more often for the same price. Ozil but to assist the 27th last season.
You're the coach.... It's you who chose
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
That's along the lines what I was thinking, if both manage to play, as they can be seen as Joses transfers they might have an advantage especially now that kaka is gone for 4months. I think I might leave it for the first two games of the la liga just to see how things turn out
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Ok Lampard or Drogba? Who will do better this season in DramFooty?
LukePillar (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I got both , even try malouda. I reckon he'll be good this season
Lol, I had the same problem. I picked lampard b/c he takes free kicks and pks. Plus.... Mids get pts for clean sheets
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
I'm not sure if I should keep Gomes as my GK he is quite cheap but I'm not sure?
Ltm017 3 years ago
There is cheaper.... For a goalkeeper...
CescArse4 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I almost picked Huddlestone, but as a Gooner, I just couldn't pick a Sp*rs player
Jimmybreeze (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
A potential bargain. Mario Balotelli for £8. 5 mil who's just changed clubs, but according to house rules his price won't change
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
I'm not sure he will be playing so much
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Quick answer please! Who is the best 8. 5M midfielder?!?!?
One of the best for the price, and one very likely to improve on the last season - Antonio Valencia, a Man Utd winger
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
Already had him! Damn! But thanks!

.... And I gotta' say, valencia was waaaaaaay underpriced for finishing, what, 5th overall among midfielders last season? Already got 16 pts from him off the community shield heh
I'm not really having any player problems, just struggling with if I should play an obviously strong line up (you can guess most of these, just do a little statistical research)

EPL Top 4 / SP Top 2 Manager

Biggest Ever Bargain (aside from allegrini)

Real Madrid Chelsea Barcelona Liverpool Manchester United

BL Top 2 Chelsea Arsenal Manchester United

Secret Weapon

OR change it around, play a prediction game and have a bit more fun. But looking around people are going to be taking this game seriously, and I do need the money (just a poor student). Maybe I should pose this dilemma to Agony Ant. Are you around?
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Another question: who do you figure to get more starts? Dawson (tottenham) or ivanovic (chelsea). I'm aware chelsea's keeper and defence is better, so more clean sheets. But I can't help but feel ivanovic isn't a starter.... A. Cole, alex, terry, and bosingwa.... When bosingwa returns, will ivanovic go to the bench?

I'm pretty sure dawson is a starter, but ivanovic would get more way more points if both played the exact same amount of matches.

Things to consider: with dawson I can afford lampard. With ivanovic I have to downgrade to someone who is promising (19 assists last year) but his team isn't as good (so fewer games, less chance of clean sheet) and he doesn't score as many goals.... ~11 in >50 games.

Thanks!

I've been wondering the same about Ivanovic. If I were you, I wouldn't go for him, because having a feeling he will not be a starter will only come back to haunt you if you have him and he really doesn't play all games. I would have personally gone for Aston Villa's Dunne: he was elected into the team of the '09-'10 season last year: he played really well all season long, scored once in a while, kept clean sheets too, so he scored well last season in DF. I believe he was one of the top 15 defenders, and he's not expensive on DF either
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Star player for midfield.... Fabregas or lampard.

A couple days ago I settled on lampard, but his form is disappointing and at 32 years old I'm afraid he might have poor season ahead....

Fab, although injury prone, is pivotal to the arsenal offense. He is an assist machine and scores goals too (set pieces, penalties).

I know lamps will have more points for clean sheets, but fabregas may make up the difference in assists and goals.... Any other opinions?

Another thing to consider is fabregas gets about 10 yellow cards a year and lampard never sees yellow.... 0 in 59 games last year.

Key stats: lampard 59 games, 48 combined goals and assists
Fabregas 46 games, 43 combined goals and assists

Help!
Tough choice. But I would personally go with Lampard. I'm just not sure of how Fabregas is gonna' perform in probably his last year at Arsenal. He might just be looking forward to Barca next year. Or.... He might go out on a high and score loads of goals. No idea.
But that's just me. You might want to wait for a second or third opinion
Tough choice indeed, but seeing as how Lampard scored an astonishing 600+ pts last year, more than anyone (even Messi!) else, I'd pick Lamps
I went with lamppard...
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Soccergal, Great idea for a thread. As far as I can tell Roma will line up like this at the back.... Cassetti, Mexes, Juan, Riise. Since Birdiso moved to Inter, Mexes will start in the middle and Cassetti will play a lot of games as well caus he can play in the midfield if needed.
He played in most of their games last season.

Hithere, Neuer is a shoe in to play most if not all games for Shalke just like he did last year and now he has more international experience. Badstuber played in nearly all of Bayern's Bundisliga games in 09-10 so he looks a good pick as well. They are both really young and healthy so I can't see them getting injured, but you never know
StefanJay (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Is it just me or do the manager's point earnings seem really high. That could decide the fate of your team this year. Although this is a wonderful thread, I don't know how many posts there will be since people may hold their cards close to their chests
3 years ago
Yes, they are really high. I expect that there will be several top managers that will outperform even the top players by a huge margin
Thanks for the opinion Stefan!
I have a feeling the manager point system will be readjusted next season. I've spent a lot on my manager because I think 10pts for a win and 5 for a draw is a LOT.
I'm not sure how many people will post in this thread either but they don't have to ask about their entire team. They can just post here if they have a question about one or two of the players like I did

Kick4Life - changing lives through football