Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
My Euro 2012 Dreamfooty Team
Rubin (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
This is my Euro 2012 Dreamfooty Team

Manager: Trapattoni
Isaksson(Sweden)
Kelly(Ireland) Mertesacker(Germany) Olsson(Sweden) O'Shea(Ireland)
Muller(Germany) Gerrard(England) Sneijder(Netherlands) Iniesta(Spain)
Mata(Spain) Van Persie(Netherlands)

My budget was 120M. What do you think? Is it a good formation?
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
You must be an Ireland fan. Or at least hope they do well
MuellersEleven (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Sure, but imho for making points one needs to consider some things. E. G. I didn't pick any players from Holland or Portugal, because they have the toughest group and they might not advance.
No german defenders, because Germany rarely plays with a clean sheet, instead defenders from Italy and or Spain. Isaksson in goal?
You need some cheap players so you pick 2 Irish defenders. I went with polish defenders hopeing they'd do well having the bonus of playing at home and clearly the easiest group.
Ofc. You selected a fine offense
I believe Ireland will be the surprise of Group [C.] With everything that's going on in Italy, I don't think they'll make it out of the group
I didn't pick any players from Portugal because they have been woeful in defence and woeful in attack (except a few high scoring games against easy teams here and there). And they are in the group of death AND their players are expensive.
But Holland? Why not? They've done really well and I think they're gonna' do really well. And Italy better make it out of the group, I got 2 Italian players lol
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
You guys making me doubt my team...
Haha I was doubting my team after MuellersEleven's post. So I made a new team....
Here it is:

Given
Ramos Mellberg O'Shea JordiAlba
Muller Schweinsteiger Sneijder Gerrard Larsson
Van Persie

This time I'm putting my foot down. No more changes.
Never say no more changes.  I've changed my team numerous times since my "I swear it's final!" team
Dpfka0821 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Manager: L. Blanc

Akinfeev
Piszczek Pique Hummels Mellberg
Ribery Fabregas Larsson
Benzema Klose Lewandowski

120m
I like your team a lot. But I doubt Hummels and Fabregas would start any games. Other than that, you've picked some very good players
Dpfka0821 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Thanks. Yea I kinda knew that but I had to swap some players to get Benzema and Klose. I think Germany and Spain will progress the furthest so I guess it's better than nothing to have Hummels and Fabregas in my team lol

Edit: Well, what do you know. They BOTH started! Clean-sheet for Hummels and goal for Fabregas. I have to say it was a very good choice lol
FYI, Akinfeev is an injury doubt for the first game. I had him as well but I changed him because I didn't want to risk it
Whiplasher2 (Bayern München) 2 years ago
Hummels with a great game for Germany! He defended great and even had some nice forward runs.  Respect
Egarran 2 years ago
Behold the Chaos:

Manager: Prandelli
Szczesny
Pique-Agger-Chiellini-Srna
Nasri-Götze-Tymoschenko
Lewandowski-Huntelaar-Ibrahimovic

Any advice eagerly accepted
Agger is not a good choice as I think Denmark will most likely not make it out of their extremely tough group. Tymoschenko is sick from food poisoning and I don't think he'll be back for the first game. Also I don't think Gotze and Huntelaar will start any games, but they are very good sub players, so they might be good picks. That's all
Sam (Juventus) 2 years ago
I think Huntelaar starts some games, just not sure if he will be in the first game, but I think he features in just about all their games.

Good choices at the back Egarran, I had a pretty similar backline even before I came on this forum, and before several injuries to some other players I had picked
Egarran 2 years ago
Well thanks guys. Keeping up on player fitness is a bitch.
I swapped Tymoschenko for Schweinsteiger.

Agger is in purely for patriotic reasons, but Denmark has been known to surprise the greats. But yeah, hardest group ever for DK
I don't think you should pick a defender though, even if you want a Denmark player. 5m Eriksen would be a better choice. Midfielders won't get minus points for not keeping a clean sheet (they just won't get the extra 3 points)
RouslanH (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Its an odd team that I chose:
Manager- Trapattoni
Joe Hart
Be. Butko- A. Berezutksi-J. Wawrzyniak-A. Cole
X. Alonso-M. Ozil-Y. Konoplyanka
F. Torres-M. Klose-K. Doyle

Subs: no subs

What do you think? Too much faith on ireland, f. Torres, an open group A, and an unpredictable group D?
Ciankc (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Pumas

Given
Lahm Heitenga Ramos St Ledger
Ozil Iniesta Ribery Elm
Van Persie Welbeck

Ireland better get out of the group stage.... I want Italy to not qualify. Also, I mapped out who I though would win or get the furthest, and chose my players from those 5 teams. Teams who progress form the group stage play more games and the players should get more points
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Pretty good team. If Ireland maintain their strong defensive form, you should do well, combined with the strong midfield and attack
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
X
I see a lot of people picked 4m Trapattoni
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
Best choice for the last 4m of 120m
My goalie gets a red card in the first game of the tournament! Excellent start! Thanks Szczesny!
Same here. Sighhhh...
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 2 years ago
To make it worse I picked him instead of lewandowski from poland
A big fat -2 points for me for the first game then
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Same scenario for me. And I thought he was a decent choice. At least Lewandowski made up for it, a little bit. Now Berezutskiy has to get a clean sheet and score a hat-trick to give me a chance of winning
I got Berezutsky too. And he's my star defender. But also got Kadlec
Is it worth using the emergency transfer window now or later? What are your thoughts? He will only be out for one game accroding to the commentators I was listening to. Food for thought and a potential time for change, all in the first game.
You put Bere as your star? You're not going for a Spanish star. Its an easy group A is, sure and theres points to be had but I'm thinking Spain have a fair group and with their quality I think they can keep a couple of clean sheets. Sounds like youve got a good squad anyway, lets hope we're both in the top 2 come the end of the competition
Well russia did only concede 4 goals all qualifying stage and have kept a lot of clean sheets. Its a brave choice though instead of going with spain or some other stronger candidates.

I have been thinking the same, whether to use the emergency window or not. If I do end up deciding to use it then will probably have to shift two players around to accommodate a new keeper. I am also wondering if he will play again if the back up keeper has a blinder in the next game.

I don't even know who I can replace him with. Was thinking of cech but they are getting hammered and look really shaky defensively.

Edit: perfect, there goes the clean sheet again
Really just one game for a straight red? If that's the case I'll save my emergency transfer. If not, I might use it before the second round of matches starts.
Berezutsky as a star is just trying something different. Usually I have the predictable ones as stars (in fact I have Jordi Alba and had him as the star till yesterday), but I just decided to try something different this time. If Russia keeps 2 cleansheets out of the 3 group games, I'll be happy. My squad isn't really the strongest, but hopefully my risks pay off
Also, I'm doing much better in my other Fantasy Team (the official UEFA Euro 2012 fantasy league). Over there I have Lewandoski as captain (star) and Shirokov who just scored. Too bad I don't have them in Dreamfooty. Sigh...
Fffffuuuuuuu- cleansheet gone
Tell me about it. Not a great first day. And, i've already used my emergency window. Maybe hasty or maybe opportunistic - Plekosa and Dzagoev in. At least this way I will have one more game from a goalkeeper and Dzagoev whos done really well will be replacing Milner whos part of a defensive minded set up. Upwards and onwards from now on
Be cause of that one goal, I lost 16 points from double clean sheet bonus.... So close to being a great star defender choice.... So close. Oh well, bring on the next day! Ozil better score/assist a boatload of goals and trash Portugal.

Pletikosa, right? The Croatian keeper? Gotta' say, a very risky choice. Croatia doesn't have a very good defence record.combine that with games vs Spain and Italy.... You're brave.... Haha
I'm not a PRO+, but using your emergency window on the first day seems like a hurried decision.

Hithere, seems like Kadlec was a poor choice. Lol He was terrible today
Yeah, he was. Now I have -2 from Szczesny and -1 from Kaldec....
I should just give up Dreamfooty already. Lol
Didn't know Czech were that bad. Hopefully they do better vs Greece. In fact, I wouldn't even mind a 0-0 Or get awarded a penalty, Kadlec will take it as usual.
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I almost got two red cards in the first day, because right before the tourny was going to start, I decided to sell Sokratis (who was booked for absolutely nothing twice) and replace him with Holebas instead.

And I'm also part of the group who picked Scszesny, and now hate him for being absolutely crap, lol. He had to do two things, and he f****d up royally, twice
My line up is

Neuer
Boateng-Pique-Heitinga-Zhirkov
Ribery-Blaszczykowski-Modric-Dzagoev
Ibrahimovic-Lewandowski

Thoughts?
Very nice.... Already 3 goals and Neuer is good for at least one clean sheet- we'll have to wait and see if Boateng gets playing time though
I personally wouldn't have pick Neuer to be honest, simply because of the group they're in. His price doesn't justify that for me. And Germany haven't been great with clean sheets lately. They just outscore their opponents.... Lol
I am new to Deamfooty, is there a set time each day where the points from the games come into effect? I have not received points from yesterday's matches
Bless
Whip-
Oezilmania (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Same here, didn't get any points for the yesterdays matches? Anybody knows whats wrong?
I guess it takes 24 hours to update. Got them now
CUNNING LINGUISTS
Jeroen's dreamfooty Team
A. Wenger
Moyá
M. Debuchy
D. Alaba
N. Subotić
Guilherme Siqueira
F. Johnson
A. Ramsey
A. Robben
K. De Bruyne
P. Aubameyang
L. Messi
Subs Bench:
Rafael
M. Britos
S. Kießling
K. Huntelaar

If Scszesny wouldn't have been so awful today, I would've had a very good day. My manager, keeper and a defender would've had a clean sheet, Shirokov scored and Holebas would've raked in some points too. But the Arsenal n°1 was either incredibly nervous and over-anxious to prove himself, or he just hates me. Probably the latter
It was a very emotional day for me too Jeroen. I hope for both of us that our luck is about to turn.

Manager: Smuda
------------------Pletikosa
Pique---Berezutskiy---Mexes---Alba
----------Nani---Ribery---Dzagoev
---Gomez---Lewandowski---Podolski

No subs
What are you talking about? Your team looks awesome, and those who played all did very well, no? Bere will get OK points, Dzagoev was awesome and scored twice, Lewa scored and Smuda, well, he could've done better.

Great looking team Jimmy, although with so much quality it's obvious you might miss the points subs could have gotten you.

I wish I picked Advocaat: he brought on a scoring sub and won 4-1, so he'll get a lot of points tomorrow
Think he didn't pick Dzagoev from the start.

I am really interested to see how things will turn out for those with subs compared to no subs. Unless the subs are defenders they are guaranteed to get points provided they don't get yellows or reds.

I wish I had advocaat, he was cheaper than blanc too!
3 subs huh? It'll be interesting for me too to see how subs vs no subs do. In one of the permutations of my team, I had 2 subs but then I realized I would only be able to sell a maximum of 5 players (3 from the normal transfer window and 2 from the emergency transfer). And that wasn't enough to offload all the players that might not make it past the group stage.

Anyway, here's my team:

Rockerr (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think you can sell as many players as you wish and the limitations(3+2) is only for buying
! I did not know this. All these years of Dreamfooty, I never knew there was no limit on selling players. Damn it. I should have gone with 2-3 subs then
Jeroen, I used my emergency transfer window yesterday. After Scheznys red card I wanted to make up for that so I bought in Pletikosa. Then, the second change was to bring in Dzagoev who played very well to replace James Milner as I wasn't sure about him. Lewandowski did alright though. Good luck you you all timer
Something bizarre happened today. I subbed on the players on my bench who will play soon, save my team, and my PRO+ transfer window is gone -. -

So yeah, unless Matt can fix this, I'm f****d
Manager: D. Advocaat

----------------Sifakis-------------------
A. Rami--- Holebas---Anyukov----Balzaretti
-Dzagoev--Malouda--Özil--D. Silva--Afellay-
-----------------Torres-------------------
119m
Too bad sifakis(greece) didn't start, I thought he would be 1st choice goalie
The greek keeper who started was only 3m. Would have been a bargain! But the Greece keeper situation is still not 100% certain. Either 3 could still play IMO.
Also, you better hope Torres performs!
Badartist (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Advocaat is a good buy, Afellay supposedly got injured during training
As far as I know Afelley is back!And yeah you are right about torres, could have gone with podolski, kuyt or even Benzema.... But decided to gamble with Torres
Badartist (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Advocaat is a good buy for a manager, Afellay supposedly got injured during training
Has anyone got their points for yesterdays games yet?
Nah, I have not. I have Dzagoev and Lewandowski and Blaszczykowski and did not get any points for their performances
I got my -3 from Szczęsny and the rest
Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I did not receive points for zhyrkov, samaras and blaszcykowski? I received points Shirokov and Lewandowski but this morning I placed (zhyrkov, samaras and blaszcykowski) on the bench. But yesterday they were on my team? So I have to get the points because we can change every day before 8:00?
Just got mine from yesterday
So much for Van Persie and Sneijder....  Anyway, I'd like to congratulate Egarran on picking Agger and good luck to Denmark!
Egarran 2 years ago
Thank you! Sometimes patriotism works
DiegoFC (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
I had shirokov on my starting line up from the start but after the russia game I subbed him out to put in [C.] Ericson for the next day but I didn't get any points for shirokov? I just wanted to know if I did something wrong or if I'm still gonna' get the points?
Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
I had the same problem with (zhyrkov, samaras and blaszcykowski) after their game, around 23:30 I put on the bench. I still have no points for them 3. Matt will probably solve that
Juraman (Sochaux) 2 years ago
Same problem for me with Maniatis, Holebas, Polanski and GebreSellassie  

Kick4Life - changing lives through football