Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Join The Footytube UCL Fantasy Football League!
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Not sure if this belongs here or the Off-Topic but the UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football for this season just started the other day. If anyone has entered a team or is planning to enter one, do join the private league for footytube I created.

The League code is: 1118757-422871
Once you have a team, just go to "Leagues" tab and enter the code to join the footytube league.

It'll be a good secondary tournament to complement Dreamfooty. The deadline is next week before the first group stage matches. It'll be fun! I hope a lot of you join, especially since I know I'd be lucky if I even crack the top 10,000 on the main UCL league since it's quite competitive. My knowledge outside the 4 leagues is also pretty much non-existent. So private leagues are the way to go!

Do join me!

Make your team Here

UPDATE
Big thanks to the 92 people that have joined. You are all awesome. Thought I'd update this post with the top 10 after every matchday

Matchday 1

Matchday 2

Matchday 3

Matchday 4

Matchday 6 (missed MD5)

Round of 16 - First Leg

Quarter Finals - First Leg (missed the last round)

Semi finals - First Leg

Semi finals - Second leg

Final

TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
I'm going to hijack this post:

If your name isn't obvious please state who you are in the game and on footytube.

Team name - Manager Name - footytube Name
Raincity TBS - TheBarcaShow - TheBarcaShow

(I guess you don't even need to do footytube name as it is redundant...
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 2 years ago
San Soares FC - MarquinhoACM - MarquinhoACM
Cylon Zombies FC - Weirdlu - Hithere

Good idea. And once all the sign ups have completed, I'll update the first post with the complete list
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
Joined! Thanks for the link. Seems fun! Btw, are you Cylon Zombies FC or FC Bianconeri 853. Mines Jamal
He is probably Cylon Zombies seeing that he isn't a Juve fan    I joined.... Can you guess who I am?
Yup, Cylon Zombies FC! Thanks for joining. Invite more people!

Btw, take note of the rules, especially the transfer and subs rules and plan accordingly. During a game week, players you sub out will get zero points.
So if there's Real Madrid vs Man City On Tuesday and play Ronaldo, and then if you sub him out to put in Messi for the Wednesday Barca game, you lose your points for Ronaldo for the gameweek (or "matchday"). That confused me when I was playing their Euro 2012 game
Noir853 (Juventus) 2 years ago
Bianconeri 853 is mine
Alright, 4 participants so far. Closing in 8 days guys! Join us!

Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 2 years ago
I would but I'm already in 3 fantasy leagues. Too much to keep track of
Ah well, do join the league if you change your mind. I only joined Dreamfooty and this UCL fantasy football this year. Dreamfooty is great because I don't have to keep track of it every week, especially since I have no subs
Oweniit (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Awesome. Now 5 multinational participants in the UCL Fantasy Football, and it seems only one actually from Europe. Lol

Yay! 10 people! At least we can have a "Top 10" now. Who are the rest?

Random Tip #1: When picking players, focus on the group matches. You have unlimited transfers before the knockout stages start. Also a wildcard available to play to make free transfers on any match week.
Random Tip #2: Teams from Groups A-D and Groups E-H play on 2 different days. You can take advantage of this (if you want) by playing a set of players on the first day and subbing out players who have under-performed. But note that the subbed out players will get 0 points.
Random Tip #3: Additional transfers beyond the allocated ones will cost you 2 points. Which isn't that bad. Don't be afraid to change things up if some players end up being really terrible
I've never really been sure how to use the wild card transfer? How does that work?
This is also the first time I'm playing this UCL game but if the Euro 2012 game is any indication (which is 99% similar), it'll work like a footytube emergency transfer window except there is no limit on how many players you can buy/sell. Once activated, you can transfer as much as you want before the next match. You can use it once during the whole season.

When you transfer players and you have no more free transfers left, on the confirmation page there'll be an option to use the wildcard. At least it was like that in the Euro 2012 game
Hikmat (Real Madrid) 2 years ago
It pretty much allows you to do as many free transfers in the knockout stages for 1 round only.    Edit: Hithere beat me to it
Oh okay alright thanks
I've been trying to join, but every time I click "Pick You Team Now!" link and enter my email and password, it says "You are not currently logged in - please log in using your email address and password. Make sure you have activated your account before trying to log in - please check your emails. " I've created an account, confirmed it by email, tried to play, failed, canceled that account, created a new one with a new email, confirmed that one, and it still says the same. Don't know what I have to do
Hmm.... I have no idea. Did you try logging in using your gmail, windows live, yahoo or Facebook (if you have any). I didn't create an account for it. I just used my gmail account.
It's also possible that there's some error on their side creating accounts currently
Have you tried using a facebook, twitter or G+ login?
Yup, just tried my gmail account and facebook login, neither would work for me....    Damn
Correction: I just tried to log in using Firefox instead of Chrome and it worked for me! I have no idea why it wouldn't work on Chrome...
Ah.... You should clear your cookies on Chrome. Some people had a problem with that for Dreamfooty as well.
Have fun choosing the players!
Just wanted to note that I added a reply to the original post. I think this is something we all need so we can keep track of who is playing and so we can brag
[account-removed] 2 years ago
I'm in!
Let me guess, you have two Bayern players on your team.
I do too!
Me too actually
Now its 12 and counting. Ah man I expected like 50 team @ something
13 now. We should bet on how many will join in the end. I say 20!
Make it 30
Man, you lose already. Currently we have 25 & counting
I'm glad I lost!
Maaza (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Joined! Now our league has 20 teams --- like a real league! We still need more...
You win the title for best name so far    "Maaza's Kick-Ass Team"
Gained quite a few after Noir853 posted it in the Juve chat and I posted it in the United chat. Spread the word in the Barca chat if you want!
I did a couple of days back, I'll do it again before, during or after the match tomorrow when there is more traffic
Badge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm in, bitches!
25 now!
31! Wonder if we can hit 50
31.... I'm glad i'd lose
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
Joined aswell, thx for sharing
Thanks for joining! 39 participants so far. 11 more till we hit 50!
45 people have signed up! This is great, a lot more than I hoped.come on guys, invite 5 more to make it a nice round 50 players. It closes in 1 day.

Edit: That was fast. Over 50 players now. Achievement unlocked!
Now if only I knew who's who...
Just counted and we are at 68
Yeah, it's great! I also noticed some familiar names there
Success (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Joined !

My teamname is : World XI
footytube name is : Succes
Screenname is : Succes
Uefa accountname is : Cash-@live. Nl

Kick4Life - changing lives through football