Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Join The Footytube UCL Fantasy Football League!
Hithere (Manchester United) 11 months ago
Apparently, if you're the league creator, you get spammed with email messages from the UEFA UCL fantasy league everytime someone from the league requests to set it up.

Got a few dozen of these emails lol:
"uefa Champions League Fantasy Football 2013-14 is live.

As chairman of the 2012-13 league footytube, you are in the unique position of being able to restart this league for the 2013-14 game! You are receiving this email as coyb18 can't wait any longer and wants you to get the league back up and running!"

Anyway, it's up now! Picked my team too
Coyb18 (Chelsea) 11 months ago
Hey everyone! Can we set this up again for this season? It's coming up quick!
Hithere (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Congrats to Asif (not sure what your footytube name is)

Final Table

Anyone still playing this? I updated the first post with the footytube UCL league rankings for each matchday
Coyb18 (Chelsea) 1 year ago
I am! But I started somewhere around QF, so mine's pretty irrelevant
Reminder to update your UCL team for those still playing! Unlimited transfers!
You cannot make this up.
I stuck with Ibra through MatchDay 1, made him captain on 2 matchdays. Then I sold Ibra yesterday to get Ronaldo. Cost me 2 points for the extra transfer.

Ibra goes ahead and gets FOUR assists. Ronaldo, blank. Wtf man. #fantasyFootballProblems
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 1 year ago
I've stuck with Ibra thick and thin and I guess it paid off since I'm now in the top ten of the league
MarquinhoACM (AC Milan) 1 year ago
But yeah I sort of forgot about this otherwise I would have taken Marcelo out of my starting lineup and earn myself a bit more points lol
Man, this week was really disappointing for me. Mainly because I forgot to change my captain from last week. I wanted to use Messi as captain (would have gotten 16 points) but I still had Ibra as captain (got 4 points). *facepalm*

Dreamfooty was decent though. Ronaldo hat trick, can't complain.
Too bad we can't see other teams yet. Apparently it's a glitch in the UCL game.
Anyway, hoping for a better run this matchday. I did quite OK last matchday. At least compared to my Dreamfooty fortunes so far anyway.

Had to transfer out Vidic. Good thing there are free transfers every matchday
Laskabacsi (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Hey    Just joined, made my team: Anony FC    Will see how they do next week
Noir853 (Juventus) 1 year ago
Holy cow, team from spot #2 - #90 all were separated by 1-2pts only

Congratz to THE blues as you lead the pack by 10pts. But we are just getting started
Yeah in this game a single point does matter. Especially since there are over 200, 000 players overall.
I'm so pissed at myself for not switching the captaincy to Messi (from Ibra). I played it safe and kept it with Ibra and now it cost me 8 points, which would have leapfrogged me a couple of places.

Also Benfica kept a cleansheet but I should have known that Maxi Pereira is suspended. *facepalm*

Edit: teams are separated by more than 1-2 pts. I think it takes a while for all the data to be updated. But 1 point is still important in this game
GhS88 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I am ghaleb1988. Most of my players played on the first day of this Matchday
Nonetheless, good job man.
Who's ghaleb1988?

How was your first (half) Matchday so far?
For me, the good:
- The Porto keeper kept a cleansheet
- Ibra (captain) scored a goal
- Holtby got an assist
- Gillet (Anderlecht) also got a decent 4 points

The bad:
- Cazorla didn't do much
- I took out Pizcek last minute and he goes on to get an assist and a cleansheet. Fffuuu-

Also wondering whether to change my captain to Messi. Ibra will lose his double points of course. Depends on whether Messi will score more than 1 goal against Spartak (which is very much possible of course)
Less than 9 hours till it closes, so any last minute sign ups better do it now!

On a separate note, I'm really not feeling confident about my UCL team. It's weird, usually I'm so optimistic about my chances in fantasy football games (until the points trickle in). I think it's my midfield. Other than Ribery, the rest are from weaker teams or not guaranteed a start. My team is definitely defence and attack heavy.

Also, how do you guys rate AC Milan's chances? They got a not so difficult group but they seem to be struggling
Success (Chelsea) 1 year ago
Joined !

My teamname is : World XI
footytube name is : Succes
Screenname is : Succes
Uefa accountname is : Cash-@live. Nl
45 people have signed up! This is great, a lot more than I hoped.come on guys, invite 5 more to make it a nice round 50 players. It closes in 1 day.

Edit: That was fast. Over 50 players now. Achievement unlocked!
Now if only I knew who's who...
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
Just counted and we are at 68
Yeah, it's great! I also noticed some familiar names there

Kick4Life - changing lives through football