Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Gareth Bale Dreamfooty
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hello, I did not get points for Bale's two wonderful assists against Inter yesterday. Just wondering if it is possible to get those thanks alot
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
You didn't receive those because he is listed as a defender in DF, and in DF defenders do not receive points for assist in DF to balance the points they receive for clean sheets
RealAnimalz (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Do your DF'ers get points if they don't play but the team keeps a clean sheet?
Sumdumfu (Los Angeles Galaxy) 3 years ago
No points if they don't play
BonitoJoga (Barcelona) 4 years ago
. Thanks anyways! He is a very great player indeed nonethe less
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 4 years ago
He is indeed!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I had it in my team from the beginning because I have always been his admirer, from the time he started to appear in PL. But I believe that by listing him as a defender he is not bringing as much points as he should have had.
I am sure that they will fix it in the next season, but now his price will skyrocket. Too bad I could not get the full benefits of a good early investment
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Well we only copy the team's own vision of their players. If Bale is listed as a defender on the Spurs page, Matt makes him a defender on DF. If they decide to list him as a midfielder next year, he'll be a midfielder and benefit from the extra points from assists, but only be awarded 3 pts per clean sheet
I think it's ridiculous that defenders don't get points for scoring goals or giving assists. In modern football you have several attacking defenders (mostly wing defenders) who are of great importance for their team as defenders but also for their attacking qualities. I don't think I have to say the names but I will anyway to make it more obvious that they too should get points for goals and assists : Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves, Bale, Maicon, ...
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Defenders get awesome points for clean sheets. Attackers get awesome points for scoring and assisting goals. If defenders got both, the game would be unbalanced and everyone would play 5 in defence with five defenders on the bench as substitutes.

The game is perfectly balanced as it is now, meaning you have to pick defenders who defend well, attackers who score goals, and midfielders who can do both.

By the way, everyone who scores a goal gets points, no matter what position. The only thing defenders don't get are assist points.

Have a read: Link: www.footytube.com/dreamfooty/index.php?type=info...
Okay, didn't know they got points for scoring goals. Sorry Ant
No worries, enjoy the game
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Thank you Jeroen. My team suck anyway. I think I will do better next season, now that I am getting a better idea of how it works
@ Jeroen : The team vision of Tottenham is that they like Bale to score why else would they let him take free kicks? So you're not entirely correct when saying that you've just copied Tottenham's philosophy here on DF
He meant that if you go to the Spurs official website, Gareth Bale is clearly listed as a defender there. That is their opinion of their own player, straight from the very people that make that decision.

Link: www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players/first_team/gareth...
My bad, he's an attacking defender obviously
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Bale is a left-back, that was his position during his spell at southampton.
At Spurs, during his 1st season he played left-back, but this season since Assou-Ekotto returned from injury, he moved forward to the left wing.
Left-back is his main position

Kick4Life - changing lives through football