Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Euro 2012 Dreamfooty NOW OPEN!!
Matt (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
It is here Euro 2012 Dreamfooty!

For all of you who have played dreamfooty before this will all seem very familiar if not then I recommend reading the FAQ before you dive in.

For all of you who have played before here is the top rule changes.

- Valid teams consist of 11 players and a manager. You can have up to 5 substitutes but you do not need any.

- You can make any number of changes to your team before the 7:00 BST on the 8th

- Teams are saved every morning at 8am. So if you do have substitutes you can swap them in as you like on a daily basis.

- There will be one Transfer window opening on the 19th at 23:00 BST and closing on the 21st at 7:00 BST.

For PRO+ members

- There will be only 1 emergency transfer window available.

- Maximum budget is 125mil

- $500 prize pool will be split 1st place $250, 2nd place $100, 3rd place $75, 4th place $50, 5th place $25.

Your teams will become visible on your profiles and replace your current domestic teams after the tournament has kicked off and the open transfer window is shut.

Enjoy!
Northgreen (AC Milan) 2 years ago
"- Teams are saved every morning at 8am. So if you do have substitutes you can swap them in as you like on a daily basis. "

Does this mean I could get points from lets say 16 players one week? (If I do the right subs etc)
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Well as the quality of your team would suffer as a result of taking subs leaving you with less of a budget for the more expensive players, I suppose its only right that you can make changes every day if you have the players on the bench, its just another tactic in the game.
I suppose it would be a good idea to have 5 subs for the group stage as every team will play a part, then you can make changes and bring in more expensive players for the latter stages
Northgreen (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I suppose.

My thoughts exactly, too bad I don't know how much around I will be. Oh well, better pick a country others won't expect to do well and hope they can surprise with a strong 11 squad.

Just wanted to know for later.

(But I really wish you would include assist points for defenders. Isn't that after all why Lahm is the most expensive defender? Because he is one who likely will get assists?)
As far as I am led to believe the dreamfooty points come from an outside provider, not matt sitting drunk with pen and paper.... Lol, but matt will I'm sure confirm this
Badartist (Manchester United) 2 years ago
So how many changes are possible during the transfer window this time? And can I sell 3 and buy 5 say as long as I stay within the budget?
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
@Badartist.... The rules answer your question.... But to keep it simple. 3
Franboy (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Oh, I did not see: no price from 6th to 25th place? Too bad, it was a great motivation because there were 25 winners. I hope dreamfooty for season 2012/2013 there will be 25 awards. Because a season is so long and it's easier to stay motivated when targeting the top 25.
We will try to be in top 5 for this tournament but it shook the very difficult because concurrency is very rough.
Good luck to all.
Standard season will be back up to 25 prizes
Yes I think it's best, people prefer to earn less money but win lol.  It is more motivating for the top 100 if the top 25 is rewarded.
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Can't tell you how excited I am about this, thank you. I'm taking into account the last international tournament, the World Cup but also general dreamfooty experience too. Just finished my team and I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can get. Thank you again
Calm yourself jimmy
I'M PERFECTLY CALM
Just a question, will prices be changing as the tournament develops?
There will be adjustments for the transfer window
Ooohhhhh, that will cause consternation among the natives.... Lol
That is just rough
If prices change.... Will we get profit when selling a player?
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 2 years ago
No you´ll just get your money back. The whole thing is to find the best mix of players farming points with a limited budget. Sounds easy but it isn´t
Gunner3 (Arsenal) 2 years ago
How can I swap a player or cancel a player from my team? There is no sell or cancel option.    Edit: nevermind, found out
I will answer this anyway in case others are finding the same thing.

To swap substitutes or to sell players you need to click the 'Manage' button
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Will defenders get assist points?
No they will not
Never, ever, ever. Wish Barthez was still available though. Just for sentimentality value
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Thank you so much (to whoever set up this system) for not having the mandatory subs rule from regular season!

A question: If players are injured before the transfer deadline, will they be removed from the list of available transfer completely, or only have their transfer value lowered?
If a player is replaced then we will remove him from the game and hopefully add his replacement.

This has already happened with Lampard and he has been removed from the game and Henderson put in.

Feel free to let me know if any other players are swapped
Did you really have to put henderson in.... Lol, I mean he won't get a minutes play in the compo.
I would have left a space.... Lol
Achiox (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Thanks for the prompt response!
Another question, after the transfer windows open will the 2 players per team limit be removed?
Nope
How to show your em12 dfooty team? [df]I don't know[_/df]
You can't show your team until the compo kicks off, or we will get lots of guys then copying someone elses team, and we'll end up with 300 winners.... Lol
*sigh* so difficult to make a good choice...
Tell me about it.... Lol
Ntruf (Lille) 2 years ago
Thanks to the staff for putting this all together!
However, I have a little critic to make: Half of french squad is place under midfielder, including forwards like Ribery, Ben Arfa and Menez and even the RB def Mathieu Debuchy who has never played anywhere else than right back.
Anyway, thanks again and good luck to all, dreamfooty is really exciting on short competitions
Matt will provide you with a better answer than I ever could, although I don't think its down to footytube, the data most likely comes from an outside provider, just like the scoring doe's
Hithere (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I hope footytube takes a "hands on" approach with this Dreamfooty though (instead of just 100% relying on Stats provider). I understand why Matt rarely did any interventions and reviewed/corrected wrong data for a season long Dreamfooty since it has 3 leagues, multiple domestic cups, and champions/europa leagues. So it's hard to review data. But for this Dreamfooty there's only like 2 games per day maximum. So if there's a missed assist (for example), I hope it will be reviewed and corrected.
As for this France midfield problem, not sure about the rest but yeah I think Debuchy is defence. Almost bought him till I realized that he's in midfield. It's probably too late to change the positions now though
All the positions have been taken directly from the official Uefa team pages and if this data is wrong and users have picked that player I cannot change it as it would be unfair
I put my underpants on the wrong way round today. Can you help me with that?
Saves on washing them jimmy, just reverse them and you'll get another month out of them.... Lol
You can use underpairs 4 times, so they told me in the navy
Hello sailor.... Lol
Ntruf (Lille) 2 years ago
It's all good for me Matt. I pointed it out because it surprised me a bit, otherwise I'm a happy camper on footytube as usual. Thanks for your answers and work guys
OLIC OUT FOR croatia MATT, they say he;ll be out for six weeks, so his compo's over
Hey,    Juanfran plays at right back for Spain, but he's listed as striker. Could you fix this please? Thanks
Well after re-reading and reminiscing previous fantasy seasons, I'm reminded of the fact that you directly get player information from official pages. That being the case, this is still very off, probably an email to UEFAs website wouldn't hurt?!
But lets be serious, this guy is never going to play for Spain in this competition. I think we have to be realistic
If Arbeloa were to get injured or for whatever reason had to be replaced, then JuanFran would step in
It is more likely that Ramos would be moved to RB and Javi Martinez would play CB
Hello
If I have 16 players (11 + 5 subs) at the first transfer window, can I sell 8 players (3 + 5 subs) and buy 3 new player (more expensive)?
Thanks a lot
If I remember right you can only sell 3 players in any one transfer window, theres no way you could sell eight.... Lol
I think you should be banned from entering this compo franboy, to give the rest of us a chance.... Lol
Or matt should handicap you with a budget of £50m
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
Actually it is possible to do that Tony. Franboy and I were chatting about it earlier today (in ze beautiful language of ze French), and you can sell as many as you like, but you can only buy 3.

So it's possible to sell all your subs and a field player, for just one other player. As long as you have 11 players and a coach
You are so EVIL! :)
But on the the other hand, will you don´t miss the points? At group stage you can possibly farm later (my guess) you can be happy when 4 players actually farm points.

Feel free to correct me
Dpfka0821 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Quick Question: On your description it says the transfer window will open on 19th at 23:00 BST and close on the 21st at 7:00 BST , but in the Dreamfooty FAQ page it says the transfer window will open on 19/6 8pm and close 21/6 at 6pm . Which one is the correct schedule?
Cheers for spotting this, the 19th at 23:00 BST and close on the 21st at 7:00 BST is correct
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
Barzagli is injured for Italy, they called in Astori
Thanks for that. I hope matt sees it. Or I will have to contact him before they play
He has been removed, cheers
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 2 years ago
It now seems they will try to recover him for the 3rd game. Uncertain situation

Kick4Life - changing lives through football