Forums / Dreamfooty - footytube fantasy league
Order: Newest / Oldest
Dreamfooty - Transfer System For This Season
Matt (Footytube Staff) 1 year ago
We are about to launch the new season of Dreamfooty but still have time to tweak the transfer set up. So I wanted to get your feedback on 4 possible implementations.

1) Keep it as it is: That is 3 transfer windows where you can perform 3 transfers PRO+ users get an additional 2 emergency windows where they can make 2 transfers anytime.

2) 18 Anytime: Start of the season you are given 18 transfer slots that you can perform ANYTIME but when they are gone they are gone. PRO+ users get 22.

3) 1 a Week: Every week you can make 1 transfer (stacks to a max of 3). PRO+ users still get 2 additional windows of 2 they can open anytime.

4) Hybrid: 11 anytime + 1 a week (non stacking, use it or lose it). PRO+ users still get 2 additional windows of 2 they can open anytime.

What would be your preferred option?
Jujex (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Out of the 4 the first option is the preferable option for me.
But have you thought about changing the prices overtime?
Not just the players available for purchase but the ones you already have. It would be like an actual transfer. If that certain player performs well then we can sell him for more and vice versa
Somere (Portmore Utd) 1 year ago
I like the 18 anytime transfers. That seems to be a good idea. The 3rd option is also a good idea as well.

The way it is at the moment, if more than one of your players get injured then you are stuck with him until the transfer window open which mean you are losing points. December and January are very busy months in english football and around that time it would be nice to be able to make transfers instead of having to wait till February.
So the option 2 and 3 would be nice, even 4 if it came down to it
Kfgscores (Juventus) 1 year ago
Don't change a winning formula. Keep it as it is.

I've played other football fantasy systems and this one has the right balance and my prefered choice.

Thanks for organizing. Looking forward to the new season
ElGaucho (AC Milan) 1 year ago
Hi Matt,

First of all thanks and well done for last year's edition.... It was the most exciting fantasy football game I've ever played. Good luck with the preparations for this year's edition.

My vote goes for option 1 - I think the number of transfers (13 for Pro+ Players) is the perfect balance between knowledge, scouting, luck and strategy. I remember that other games had tried to increase the number of transfers but this hindered the excitement.

ElGaucho
(Rank # 5 in 2012/2013 edition PRO+, #12 2011/2012 edition w/o PRO+)
Docdre99 (Barcelona) 1 year ago
Keep it as it is : more representative that knowledge of football
St1or (Barcelona) 1 year ago
I'd rather try out the new 18.... So many advantages for the 18, it's unreal! Don't wana reveal them all of course
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
1 a week for me
Btw.... Will there be any change to the formation tactics? Such as bringing the 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation into Dreamfooty?
Seanf24 (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I also don't mind keeping it as it is, as long as the new formations come in and the prices of the players are up to the current market
Rockerr (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I'm fine with the current one...
Nanouuu (FC Barcelona II) 1 year ago
Bonjour tout d’abord bravo a matt et ses collègues vous faites du très bon travail.
En ce qui concerne les transferts la meilleur solution pour moi serait la 1ére, avec ses propositions ci en ce qui concerne les fenêtres des transferts :
1-(du 08 au 31 aout) avec un budget élevé d’environ 160-170 m€ .
Avant le début des championnats pour premièrement profitez de toutes les journées (surtout pour la bundesliga qui débute le 09 et en plus compte que 34 alors que la serie a débutera le 24 avec ses 38 matchs) et deuxièmement - c’est le plus pour les amoureux du jeu – avoir le flair et dénicher le joueur et /ou l’équipe qui sera la révélation de la saison (surtout le début) comme pour Hanovre la saison passé.
2-(fin octobre 23-30) avec 4 voir 5 changement :
Avec soit une perte proportionnelle par joueur (10% par exemple) mais qui sera difficile a gérer avec les prix des joueurs (6, 5 m => 650. 000 €), soit une taxe fixe pour les transferts (exemple 2m€ pour les 3 premiers et 4m€ pour les 2 restants).

3-(fin janvier 15-31) avec 3 changements :
Sans taxe a payer avec remplacement supplémentaires des joueurs partis au mercato d’hiver (en France ou en Russie)

4-(début mars 01-05) avec 2 changements :
Avec une taxe de 2m€ par transfert pour enlever de la liste des joueurs don't l’équipe est éliminé de la coupe d’Europe ou n’a rien a jouer en championnat (classé 10 - 12) et les remplacés par des joueurs moins cher jouant le maintien ou l’europe, ou des joueurs ayant manqué leur début de saison et don't la valeur aura baissé.

Sur ce bonne journée et bon jeu a tous.
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 1 year ago
Je voudrais a la piscine et mange a la maison
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 1 year ago
Translation.

Hi folks, 1st of all many thanks to matt and the mods, you guys are doing a great job.
As far as transfers are concerned, the best solution to me would be the 1st option, I would suggest to organize transfer windows as follows:

1. (from Aug 8th to aug 31st) with a 160-170 m€ budget, before the season starts. Thus, we would firstly take full advantage of the Bundesliga matches (34 in total) starting this weekend, whereas the Italian Serie A will begin on the 24th with a toal of 38 matches.
Secondly - for the dreamfooty lovers - we would have to spot that 'bargain' or/and the revelation team of the 1st part of the of season (eg. Hannover last season).

2- 2nd window around the end of october (between 23rd and 30th), allowing 4 to 5 changes:
Including a proportional loss per player (eg. 10%), which would be difficult to manage or handle alongside players' prices (6. 5m => 65. 000€). In other words, a fixed tax applcable to the transfers (eg. 2m€ for the first three and 4m€ for the two remaining transfers).

3. Third window. (end of january 15th to 31st) with 3 transfers:
No tax applcable here on transfers of players moving to overseas clubs (clubs outside Germany, Englad, Italy and Spain).

4. (early march 1st to 5th) with 2 transfers:
With a 2m€ tax per transfer, in order to take off the players whose team is out of a European Cup competiton or has nothing to really compete for in the league (mid table teams); and replace them by low price players playing in relegation/europe battle teams, or players whose value has decreased/having missed the 1st part of the season.

Enjoy the game
ZIZOO (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
Definitely keep it as it. This means you must have long term vision to build your squad. I like it like is because it resembles building a squad in real life where you only have one winter transfer window and must assemble a squad for the whole season.

This also makes players think weather they should buy back up subs or take risks on injury prone players or players that might shine or not even make the lineup (Kaka, Nani, Rooney)
Changing the current setup would take all this fun decision making away as you can simply adjust as things go and most people will end up having very similar teams.

The current setup makes dreamfooty unique to all other football fantasy games so I think you should keep it that way. I manage a football team in real life and this game has helped me think on a whole nothaa level. Don't change it. (Agree with adding formations)

Goodwinberg (Manchester City) 1 year ago
Keep it as it is.    Also it is defiantly high time to add new formations, 3 defenders is long time desired one.
Keep it is, definitely. Please open the game, I'm hungry
Weee Hungggrrrry
Weee Hungggrrrry
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I would like not to upset the game too much but need a balance between "keep as it is" and just something new.
Too many transfers make the game too easy? Too many users end up with similar teams?
I go for 3) 1 a Week: Every week you can make 1 transfer seems reasonable. If it stacks to a max of 3 it's enough to replace injured players and still you must evaluate those 3
ManOnDMoon (Manchester City) 1 year ago
I'm taking this back.... 1 a week turns the game into fantasy premier league or other game. There are four leagues to pick from so maybe teams would be different, but no, too many transfers change the game.
It should be enough to fix some of the bugs like assists to defenders, add more formations, some more type of points ie. Penalty saved.
And yeah.... Make Messi almost unaffordable
RealFan (Real Madrid) 1 year ago
I would go with one a week thing. It would let users have more space to make mistakes. I find it that if you make one mistake, you basically lose a chance to be in the top 10. Last season I was in the top 3 for the first half of the season but 2 of my players got injured and I ended up 13th.

I would also add more formations. 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 are the main ones but there are many more!
Oh god oh god oh god.... Where are you game of games, the game that is the best, the best game?

Oh, where are you?

Sorry, I'm feeling a little lonely, it's just me and dreamfooty haven't spoke for a long time, I'm starting to miss it.

For the sake of banter - has anybody got three players they're definitely going to have in their line up? Mines messi, ronaldo and probably messi again.... Just to make sure.

Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 1 year ago
Uhm.... Just two atm: Lahm, Draxler
Fiasc0 (Eintracht Braunschweig) 1 year ago
Hello Matt, option 1 sounds great for me.  When you keep I as it is you don't have to do much and many Footys are happy.
CrossfireKeeper (Liverpool) 1 year ago
Option 1, keep it the same
Kcoff89 (Seattle Sounders) 1 year ago
Keep it the same, if you allow too many transfers most teams will start to look identical. The current system is what makes dreamfooty so much fun
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 1 year ago
I am a bit confused about option 3 and 4. In option 3 if you don't use it for 3 weeks, you can make 3 transfers in one go? Also do the PRO+ users get two additional windows where they can make two transfers in each window?

I like the second option but for it to work player prices would have to constantly change. I also don't think it will lead to similar teams, how could it? If you don't have the money you can't buy the players who are performing well so you still have to think ahead when initially building the team. You are still rewarded picking the bargains.

This option also offers those who don't have PRO+ a chance to get rid of injured players instead of being dragged down by them. Also it allows users control in regards to when to make changes. I like having control.

I am not that into option 3 and 4 (could be partially because I didn't fully understand them lol) because there would be too many transfers you could make. You could change the whole team couple of times over. For this same reason I think the number of transfers offered in option 2 is also high. Currently we get to make 9 transfers plus 6 if you are a PRO+ user, a total of 15. This number seems fair to me as you can change the whole team plus 3 subs once. Limiting option 2 to a similar number would be a better idea I think, and could also limit users from having similar teams.

Also a problem with option one I encountered last season was that I didn't need to make any changes in the first window but in the next one I wanted to make more than 3 but I couldn't. If we are going with the argument that option 1 is more realistic then why can't we make more than 3 transfers? It isn't like managers are limited to that number

Also if you do end up going with option 1, please ADD NEW formations. Having an option for three defender provides flexibility to deal with injuries without having to resort to emergency transfer windows especially when those injuries only last for couple of weeks.

Actually add new formation regardless of what option you guys go with!
Redsince63 (Manchester United) 1 year ago
I'm definitly in for rule 2, 18 at any time its the least complicated, not everybodys got the time to be on top of things and the once a week thing is going to create chaos.
Why only 22 for the pro users? Why not say 18-22 for first year members and 18 -24 for the people who have paid for 2 years or more? It'd be an extra incentive to stay pro.
I'm also in favour of adding some extra formations bans and injuries can put you out of the picture before you know it.
And finaly why not put a cap on transfer prices with the exception of players who move in the mid season window?
Going back to the pro+ since youve doubled the transfer for regulars 'to (9->18) shouldn't the math be double for pro+ which would be 26 transfers. If that is a bit much then I think 15 vs 22 is about the same effect, otherwise the end sum is a bit lob sided
Tick tock the bomb goes start

The game start the game start the game

And again until matt says the game is

Open. You see its easy

As 1 2 3

Kick4Life - changing lives through football